• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing 338 Edge question

tunacan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
Utah, SLC
I am thinking about building the 338 Edge but I have a few question before I start.
I will either be using a Savage or Remington 700 action for the project.
My question is..Will the standard long action magazine be long enough to make this gun a repeater or will I have to make some mods to the stock and or magazine for the bullets to fit?

Please give any advice that you may have.

Thanks in advance

Re: 338 Edge question

I would suggest going with the Remington action and a Wyatts box as your magazine. I have had two set up that way and they worked great with the 300 grain SMK's.

One of our Hide members "Blackburn" is selling a Kirby Allen built 338 Edge to pay for gunsmithing school tools. I've shot it and it's a great shooting rifle... it's near new... you may want to take a look at it.

A guy can use either the Wyatt's box, or the Seekins DBM. I took the box out of mine and put in the Seekins unit...most of the ones I build for customers also use the Seekins DBM.

AZshooter,
I just signed up on this forum and still learning how to use it to it's potential. I just tried searching for Blackburn and his 338 Lapua for sale. I can't find anything so I know I am doing something wrong. I would like to check that rifle out. Could you help with a link or something?

Tunacan, where are you getting brass?
300RUM is hard to find right now.

Reason I ask is because I have an EDGE and I'm running low on brass.
Mine is a single shot built on a Lawton 7500 / Rock barrel / MCM A-5.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt.Dozer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AZshooter,
I just signed up on this forum and still learning how to use it to it's potential. I just tried searching for Blackburn and his 338 Lapua for sale. I can't find anything so I know I am doing something wrong. I would like to check that rifle out. Could you help with a link or something?</div></div>

He mentioned this to me last week during a phone conversation. It's a 338 Edge.

I just called him. He said to have you pm him. His hide name is "Blackburn2888"

This is the first forum I have ever signed up on so I don't know how to PM nor do I know what that is... I know it has something to do with messaging... Computers are not my expertise...

Sgt.Dozer,

I gave Tim a heads up on your interest. Balls in his court now. I think he is deciding whether to sell or not.

The rifle sits in a MST but deserves an A5 with adjustable cheek. Definitely a shooter and a beauty though.