• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

338 lapua load info

tmxring

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2006
Athens AL
What powder/charge/speeds do you like with a 300gr bullet. Gonna be shooting the new 300 berger hybrid. Thanks, TM

Re: 338 lapua load info

retumbo or h1000(these are your least temp sensitive powders).... velocities between 2700-2750

the Reloader powders tend to chance with the seasons

Im runnin 88 grains of reloder 25. Shoots very well and gives good brass life.

I'd like to know if you can use WC860 or 5010, one place I've bought surplus powder from before has both for 75$ per 8lbs. A buddy of mine has a remington 338 lapua and if I can use surplus powder then I'll be all over it (he has brass, dies, bullets, everything else).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to know if you can use WC860 or 5010, one place I've bought surplus powder from before has both for 75$ per 8lbs. A buddy of mine has a remington 338 lapua and if I can use surplus powder then I'll be all over it (he has brass, dies, bullets, everything else). </div></div>

If you're trying to save money on powder, then 338LM isn't for you. Bullet/Brass cost far outweighs the powder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tmxring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody tried us 869? </div></div>

Yes it works well for me (110BA), but I gotta use a lot of it VS H1000