• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors .338 LM Suppressor - Opinions Needed Guys..

Mattrmvpd

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2004
South Georgia
Hey guys... I am looking for a .338 LM Suppressor.

I have a Remington MLR (NEW Model) with the brake on it..

I would like it to thread STRAIGHT on to the barrel.

**ANYONE know the thread pitch on the MLR's by chance...

MAIN QUESTION:

What have been the .338LM suppressors that you have used... give a quick review... and a cost..

Thanks
Matt (LEO SOUTH GA)

Re: .338 LM Suppressor - Opinions Needed Guys..

give 737Shark a call he has a 338lm suppressor he builds and I have heard it on his 338 Norma mag. I was able to stand by it with no hearing protection while he shot, and it is a direct thread on can and can be taken apart as well just like all his other cans.

go to www.sharksuppressors.com

Try searching for the topic. There are several good threads out there. On a quick search I found this

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2043511#Post2043511

Call the major manufacturers and ask them for some intel, they are happy to send it out to you.

Companies I own 338 cans from:
AAC - Titan
YHM 338 Phantom
Pending approval, SAS 338

There are dozens of guys that make suppressors for the 338 and up. To name a few:

AAC
SHARK
Yankee Hill
Elite Iron
Surefire
SAS
Quicksilver Manufacturing

never used a 338 suppressor... but the YHM has a very nice price tag on it.

Although I haven't shot their .338 LM, I have shot Surefire's 7.62 can's and if the construction is the same, I have to recommend you go that route. The surefire's are going to run a bit more but you will get a lot more in the quality. Since it's a .338LM, which I'm guessing based off this forum is a dedicated precision long-arm, the heat isn't going to compound as it would in say a SAW or 240. AAC came out with a bullshit ad bashing Surefire suppressors, but aside from rediculious welds, Surefire's have performed far better than any AAC I have shot. The sound attenuation is pretty much the same (off the ear, not a dB meter), but the accuracy and repeatability is significantly better than AAC. Groups will be tighter, unsuppressed to suppressed transitions will be a joke, and you'll still get damn good sound reduction. The crack will still be there, obviously, but your initial blast will be gone, especially if you add a slight amount of water to the can. It may run upwards of $2000 or more though, but if you have the money, go for it. Also, I only have limited experience with Yankee Hill, but I wouldn't waste your time on a suppressor from them that will take the abuse of a .338. I don't know what they make for that caliber, but out of my personal opinion, I'd stick with a different manufacturer. Also, no, I don't work for Surefire but I do own Surefire, AAC, and Gemtech cans.

+1 to what RayDog said.

I own a TBAC 30P-1 & an SRT Tyhoon.
Both are outstanding and very effective.

You can't go wrong with either company.

I will note that the TBAC 30P-1 is absolutely flawless in appearance.
Not a single weld shows or are there any imperfections in the metal.
The SRT on the otherhand is like a Humvee.

AAC titan is the only one I have ever seen db reduction data on...........it was impressive. In the @ 127 at the ear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rsilvers#p/u/38/jHPqrJDyVrc

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Sidebar:</span>
US ARMY just made the AAC Titan QD it's can for the M24E

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">An upgraded .300 WinMag version of the M24 will be headed to our soldiers, including a Leupold scope and an AAC suppressor.

Madison, NC – Remington Arms Company, Inc. (“Remington”), a member of the Freedom Group of Companies, is pleased to announce that the United States Army’s Joint Munitions and Lethality Contracting Center has awarded Remington a Firm Fixed Price (FFP) Indefinite Delivery/ Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) contract (W15QKN-10-R-0403) for the upgrade of up to 3,600 M24 Sniper Weapon Systems (SWS) currently fielded to the Army pending type classification as the “M24E1”. The major configuration change for this system is the caliber conversion from 7.62mm NATO (.308 Winchester) to .300 Winchester Magnum to provide soldier’s with additional precision engagement capability and range. The contract is for a 5-year period and has a potential value of up to $28.2 million. This award follows a full and open competitive evaluation lasting 9 months, which began with the release of the Army’s Request for Proposal (RFP) on 13 January 2010.
</div></div>

I like the AAC Titan QD but do not like the price tag. At $3500.00 you could buy 5 YHM cans or two TBA cans..... just my opinion. I also know for a fact that the QD model being titanium has a louder resonance then the steel thread on can. I have shot side by side with the QD can vs my steel titan. It was very noticeable.

I've heard that about the thread on vs the QD.

That said, IMHO.....it seems to be like that with thread on vs QD centerfire cans.

I also agree with the cost.....it's more expensive than the Cyclops! That said it is Ti and QD.

Thanks for sharing that.

The titan is very quiet, but heavy. I would go the TBAC route.

i know of two 33cal cans that shark produced....both are nice and are ear safe

i have the titan thread on and it makes a HUGE difference in sound and recoil. Like the others said though, it is heavy. on my 25" barrel i only get about 1/2' variation with it on compared to with a AI brake on it

I am quite pleased with my AAC thread on Titan. I makes the 338Lapua fun to shoot, even for us old guys. Both sound & recoil reduction are impressive.
Semper Fi