• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.338 LM / US869 / 285 AMAX

KeithR41

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 20, 2009
    Oregon
    Anyone have any load data. Can’t find H1000 or Retumbo anywhere. My local shop has 6l lbs of US 869 so thinking about switching

Keith

Mine does pretty well with 300 gr. Scenars. Between 105-106 grns of US869 works well for me but it's not temperature stable, was getting ridiculous velocities and some mild pressure signs this summer at 102-104 degrees. You can work up some great loads with it. It's a bit of a hidden gem being that every other magnum powder is unavailable. I would grab it, because it does work fine with 338LM. Also might try Ramshot LRT, haven't had too much time to develop loads with it but seems more readily available.

I almost forgot, you can try IMR 7828 as well. It burns super clean. I have the SSC (super short cut) variant and leaves a lot of space in the case. I would go with the standard 7828 if you can find it.

Buy the RL33. You may run out of case capacity before you max out on pressure, but it's a good powder. If that doesn't suit you, I know there's plenty of N560 around. A little spendy but that's a great powder, runs about the same as RL26 for all of my loads.