• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.338LM - .50 Cal

Has anyone been able to compare the new 285gr A-max to the standard 285gr HPBT in the 338LM???? Would be interested to see the for accuracy and pressure differences....

i just ran a ladder test yesterday with the amax's and the node was the same place as the match bullets were at.

figured some may like some data on the 250 berger hybrid.
here is some from shooting this weekend.
temperature was around 30 degrees, 1500 DA

powder is h1000

group picture is from an attempted ladder test at 300 trying to find pressure. 6 shots through the same hole so wasn't very useful for finding a node. Still no pressure signs, however considering the anemic velocities that is probably to be expected. Going on up with powder charge to see if I can get some more velocity for next round of testing.

50 Degrees, 10 mph wind, elevation 300 ft. 30" barrel oal is 4.090"
Happy with RL-33 no pressure going to try a few grains more

anyone have anything that they've found to work well in the barrett MRAD rifle? I have the 20in barrel 1-9.5 twist. I have .338 lapua brand brass, cant find hardly any primers or powder. I would like to use federal 215m and h1000 and the like, but could only find by sheer dumb luck some RL19 and Winchester primers.
any particular bullet weights or powder charges been found to give better accuracy in this rifle?
any info would help before I start putting together loads that somebody else already may have found to be a waste of components.... thanks!

I am reloading 338 Lapua with BSA ( Black Hills) brass, until yesterday could not get Federal 215 Primers, had to use CCI 250 primers. The CCI primers fit well but during cold weather( 20 degrees), failed to fire 7 of 40 rounds. good hit but no boom! Now with the BSA brass , the Federal 215 primers do not seat flush to the top of the brass!(even with extreme force).the primers pockets were cleaned and reamed. what's wrong?? Thanks

I am reloading 338 Lapua with BSA ( Black Hills) brass, until yesterday could not get Federal 215 Primers, had to use CCI 250 primers. The CCI primers fit well but during cold weather( 20 degrees), failed to fire 7 of 40 rounds. good hit but no boom! Now with the BSA brass , the Federal 215 primers do not seat flush to the top of the brass!(even with extreme force).the primers pockets were cleaned and reamed. what's wrong?? Thanks

I can't get 215s to seat flush in my Lapua brass either. You are not alone my friend.

Since my original post, I upgraded my priming tool from the Lyman turret press, to a dedicated RCBS priming tool ($89) for the Federal 215 primers. The primers now seat nicely, more leverage I guess! Now the issue is getting enough Federal 215 primers!

anyone have anything that they've found to work well in the barrett MRAD rifle? I have the 20in barrel 1-9.5 twist. I have .338 lapua brand brass, cant find hardly any primers or powder. I would like to use federal 215m and h1000 and the like, but could only find by sheer dumb luck some RL19 and Winchester primers.
any particular bullet weights or powder charges been found to give better accuracy in this rifle?
any info would help before I start putting together loads that somebody else already may have found to be a waste of components.... thanks!

I suggest try Berger 250s, I've tried Hornady 285s and the velocity isn't really there, and I have a 24" barrel. You will be even further behind the curve with a 20"er...