• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

.338LM in a Rockchucker?

jvencius

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2010
'Nooga
www.cekron.com
While flipping through the latest Sinclair catalog I saw that RCBS has come out with the Rockchucker Supreme that's supposed to be for new/longer cartridges. When I buy a .338 Lapua, should I be good with the Rockchucker I bought back in '99 or will I have to buy an updated press to reload for that cartridge (no big deal--factory .338 LM isn't cheap...).

While flipping through the latest Sinclair catalog I saw that RCBS has come out with the Rockchucker Supreme that's supposed to be for new/longer cartridges. When I buy a .338 Lapua, should I be good with the Rockchucker I bought back in '99 or will I have to buy an updated press to reload for that cartridge (no big deal--factory .338 LM isn't cheap...).

I loaded for a .338 lapua on a Rockchucker. No problems

I load all of my 338LM on my old RCBS Partner press. No kidding... it's a small press, and I just start the bullet into the case mouth, put that into the seating die first... slide the case head into the shell holder, and seat.

So your Rockchucker will certainly do the job.

I don't think you'll have a problem with the Chucker that you currently have... Give it a try before you invest into another press.

I load all of my 338LM on my old RCBS Partner press. No kidding... it's a small press, and I just start the bullet into the case mouth, put that into the seating die first... slide the case head into the shell holder, and seat.

So your Rockchucker will certainly do the job.

I have a old Pacific reloader that was old Hornady and I do the same. I have to put the bullet up in the die a little but no complaints after that.

My Rockchucker is over 30 yrs. old, and I load .338 LM on it. I place the case in the shell holder, then angle the tip of the bullet up into the mouth of the seating die, slide it up until the base clears the case mouth, and then let it settle back down into the case.

No issues at all. Several thousand rounds were loaded on mine before I sold my rifle. Like the others have said you may need to tip the bullet into the case , other than that you are good to go.