• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 34mm Rings and Picatinny Rail Sako Qs

A

atreeman

Hi all: help and or opinions please-

I have a sako75 in 6mmppc (will be changed to 6.5 Gren) in the future.

Trying to get a good 34mm mount/ring setup without too much complication.

Recently purchased a NEAR 20moa rail for it. Great rail, really well MFG. Will take some fitting to get centred on the rifle though and I am informed that it may even take pulling the barrel to ensure perfect alignment.

However I am also aware that IOR do two piece bases for the SAKO action.

Would you: go through the PIA of getting the NEAR rail fitted or would you opt for the IOR bases?

In addition, given the characteristics of the rounds (light recoil etc) and the use of the stick (hunting plus some informal long(er) range plinking) would you use Seekins four bolt rings or NEAR stainless.

Plus: the optic is a 3-12x50 PMII ill ret. How low will the low rings from either company mount the scope from the barrel (barrel is a standard sako varmint profile)?

Thanks in advance

Gareth

Re: 34mm Rings and Picatinny Rail Sako Qs

atreeman,

seekins and near make the lowest 34mm rings available.

mount everything up first and try it. it may be GTG without doing anything. sako tops are usually pretty square.

i have and run both seekins and near(ss) rings. seekins are about 1/2 the cost... but those near ss rings are sure beautiful!!

Re: 34mm Rings and Picatinny Rail Sako Qs

Thats good info. Thanks.

The new NEAR rail doesn't mount to the dovetails but mounts just to the top (like nearly all Picatinnys).

Think I'll go for the Seekins rings and bolt it all together.

Regards

Gareth