• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 34mm SIMRAD Caps - AND 30mm Caps

lizzardking308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2007
Bozeman MT
Due to recent PM's and emails regarding the 34mm SIMRAD caps for Spec M40A3 and M40A5 builds I want to get a guage on how many people want a cap for their build. The price will be around $175 a piece and we need 25 people to put up cash to get the run going. Anyone that is interested please post here how many you want. If we get enough traction I will start a group buy thread with further details.

Added:

We will start a list for the 30mm SIMRAD caps that were used in the late M40A1's as well as the early M40A3's with the MST-100 scopes.
I have some listed below, please confirm that you want a 30mm cap and how many.

Re: 34mm SIMRAD Caps - Now 30mm as well.

Sign-up List - 34mm SIMRAD Cap: 22 Total

Lizzardking308 - 3 - PAID
teufelhunden - 3 - PAID
therealhilander - 2 - PAID
Vette447 - 2 - PAID
gurdy - 2 - PAID
M1A96819 - 2 - PAID
kft101 - 1 - PAID
HarryB - 2 - PAID
Tim8654 - 1 - PAID
NJohn890 - 2 - PAID
Fatwomaninamumu - 1 - PAID
421EME - 1 - PAID
JWHII - 1

Sign-up List - 30mm SIMRAD Cap: 7 Total

Vette447 - 1
kft101 - 2
HarryB - 1
Allenst - 1
7mmRM - 1
421EME - 1

Re: 34mm SIMRAD Caps

Let's get this going fellas......this opportunity is "rarely" offered!!!!

Any chance of getting the 30mm cap included in this? Hopefully this group buy won't end up like the old one.

Depending on the success of this one, I'll take a look at the 30mm cap, but not until this one goes through. One thing at a time!

I would be in for 1 of the 34mm caps as well as 1 of the 30mm caps. Come on guys, let's make this happen!

Oh heck, add me for 1 of the 34mm caps. And 2 of the 30mm caps if we can get that going after or in conjunction with this group buy.

Please add me to the list for two 34 MM caps. Also interested in one 30 MM cap if you produce those. Thanks.

As soon as we ge to 25 for the 34mm caps I'll start on a 30mm cap buy, but as I said before, if the 34mm buy fails there's no shot at a 30mm buy.

Be advised, that if any of you are actually planning on mounting a SIMRAD, the guys at SPA Defense are jackasses about using their mounting cleats.

SPA Defense is the sole source for SIMRAD in the U.S. and they will not warranty or even work on units that they can prove were mounted with cleats from a source other than SPA.

This is totally stupid as they charge around $250.00/ea. for this part that costs < $100.00 for them to have run. Then they act like even the smallest mount part is an electronic trigger for a nuclear weapon. I.E. they won't release the part without agency letterhead and/or P.O.

Anyway, if you are doing it just to build a rifle to a certain spec, full steam away and good luck with the project. Otherwise, beware the above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyway, if you are doing it just to build a rifle to a certain spec, full steam away and good luck with the project. Otherwise, beware the above. </div></div>

This is all I am looking to do. However, thanks for the pertinent info in case someone may be planning to use it for something different.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I.E. they won't release the part without agency letterhead and/or P.O. </div></div>

Yeah, I contacted them directly thinking they might work with me as and individual. I told them I could scan them either my mil. CAC or gov. CAC

I got the same answer...NO INDEPENDENT SALE...only with agencies and order must be requested with the respected letter head of that agency.

Anyway, I am just glad that SPA-Defense takes care of our respected "teams" on the frontline.

CDI is providing a group buy for M40A3 bases for a few of you guys, I know there is some milspec M40A3-A5's getting slapped together this year.

Lets get this 34mm moved so those who want the 30mm can spec these A3's out!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold">12 more to go</span>

Come on guys. This is a unique opportunity for anyone that is planning on doing an M40 A3/A5 or M39 EMR build. Or even if you think you may want to sometime in the future, this will be one of the hardest pieces to come by in order to finish the milspec build.

Anyone else jumping on....like to get this initiated!!!

If anyone one thats already on the list wants to pick up any additional caps, this may be the only alternative in order to meet the 25 minimum. If this is feasible for others I will chip in on an additional to help out.

Guarantee...once these caps are machined everyone and their brother will be looking for one or wishing they had grabbed while they could.

chime in....

Lizardking, put me down for a third. I will start it!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Allenst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You may want to re-visit your thread below from Jan 2008 as you had quite a few folks already lined up for the 30mm caps.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441644#Post441644

Maybe you can reconnect with them to see if they're still interested and bump your totals up for this attempt. And I am in for a 30mm too !

</div></div>

Good call! Looks like there were over 25 people signed up on that thread for the 30mm version.

I know I'm crossing my fingers for the 1".

Wow, I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more traction by now.

Come on guys, this is probably one of the last chances to complete your spec builds with the correct simrad cap. 34mm caps are rare to find nowadays, and 30mm caps are near impossible. Even if you're unsure of the direction you'll be going in terms of builds, having a rare spec piece and not needing it is a whole lot more advantageous than needing a spec piece to complete your build but not having a snowball's chance in Somalia of getting it.

Geoff, maybe this would attract more attention in the for sale section?

And I'll put this out there to help along the process: if we can get enough interested parties in the 30mm caps to where the 34mm is now (anywhere near 20), I'll cover the rest needed for both cap buys to reach the minimum for production, so the majority of those that want these won't be shafted by being only a few numbers short.

I dont think so.

Thanks for offer kft101, hopefully we can get both 34mm and 30mm so that everyone will be satisfied.

I picked up an additional 34mm just to help with the minimum order. I dont really need 3 right now, however I feel more comfortable having an extra cap for a future build.

I did go ahead and post a link to this in the Group Buy section of the PX. Hopefully it will help get more exposure.

I'm happy to announce that the 34mm buy is a go, we have enough spoken for to get it going. As soon as I get a free moment I'll post payment details in the GB thread so we can get this thing done.

Still a ways to go on the 30mm GB, but we got time.

Ok guys, lets get the 34mm buy going so we can get them on order. Please email me for payment info and include the following in your email as well:

SH screen name
Full name
Shipping address
Quantity ordered

Once I get everyone in and paid up we'll get them in the rotation and out to you guys ASAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Four are in and paid, let's get everyone else paid so we can get moving! </div></div>

How are we looking on this?

I have about half paid for. I'll update that list above shortly. If you have already paid, thank you, if not please email me soon so we can get this thing under way and move onto the 30mm cap GB.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have about half paid for. I'll update that list above shortly. If you have already paid, thank you, if not please email me soon so we can get this thing under way and move onto the 30mm cap GB. </div></div>

Group Buy...I understand it's the nature of the beast, however lets get the rest of the "group" to rgr up and get these funds in.

Re: 34mm SIMRAD Caps - Now 30mm as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWHII</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please put me down for 1-34mm simrad cap as well thanks </div></div>

Awesome. I would say to go ahead and email Lizzardking the details requested and make your payment so we can get this thing done. No need to wait now that the GB is active.