• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

35mm on rings on 34mm scope?

Sffred

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2017
Hello my fellow hide members.
Just wondering if anyone put 35mm scope rings on a 34mm scope tube.

I may have been seeing things, but I couldn’t find the pic post that had it on a Vortex Razor gen2 4.5-27x56. I tried looking for it again but no luck. (Maybe I was dreaming):unsure:

The reason being I do own a razor g2 4.5-27x56 in H59 and I’m actually wondering if the top caps of the rings would seat better on its base and have a harder time from “over tightening/over clamping” and would be easier to torque down without tightening down one side more than the other.

I actually just bought a set of rings from a fellow member here that had the rings “lapped” I’m hoping it would seat beautifully, yet tight enough that it doesn’t harm the scope tube or rotate or move upon recoil.

Thanks in advance, your opinion is greatly appreciated,
Fred

I agree that it's annoying to have 35mm rings in hand and not be able to use them on a 34mm tube. I went through that. But to buy a $2000 scope and put the wrong rings on it to save $120 wasn't going to fly with me.

Also, it won't even work. When I got my gen2 Razor 3-18, Vortex accidentally sent it with 35mm rings. Even bottomed-out, the scope still spun around.

WTF. Easier to torque???? How the fuck hard is it to torque the correct rings.

This thread is the stupidest thread in forever.

Go be a dumbass somewhere else.

giphy (36).gif

But I want to plaaaay with it, please?

Reactions: Spblademaker
Probably dancing with it in front of a mirror.

I agree that it's annoying to have 35mm rings in hand and not be able to use them on a 34mm tube. I went through that. But to buy a $2000 scope and put the wrong rings on it to save $120 wasn't going to fly with me.

just get a blowtorch and fill in the void with solder.

anymore than I would use 9mm Luger in a 10mm auto.

but it will explode and blow my head off!

• Love
Reactions: 2ndamendfan
I would put them in a vice and bend them just enough to get a tight fit

You can just smack the top ring with a hammer to make it tighter once the scope is mounted in the rings if you don't have a vise. It will keep the scope from wanting to slide forward as well when you do this. It's a win/win situation.

All kidding aside, I bet if you put a .5mm shim on the top and bottom ring it would probably work just fine.

Hello my fellow hide members.
Just wondering if anyone put 35mm scope rings on a 34mm scope tube.

I may have been seeing things, but I couldn’t find the pic post that had it on a Vortex Razor gen2 4.5-27x56. I tried looking for it again but no luck. (Maybe I was dreaming):unsure:

The reason being I do own a razor g2 4.5-27x56 in H59 and I’m actually wondering if the top caps of the rings would seat better on its base and have a harder time from “over tightening/over clamping” and would be easier to torque down without tightening down one side more than the other.

I actually just bought a set of rings from a fellow member here that had the rings “lapped” I’m hoping it would seat beautifully, yet tight enough that it doesn’t harm the scope tube or rotate or move upon recoil.

Thanks in advance, your opinion is greatly appreciated,
Fred

This is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on the internet

Frank's Hide is a No Shim Judgment Safe Space Zone ...

gaga.jpg