• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.375 cal Berger Bullets

wadcutter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2008
NSW Australia
www.austargets.com
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> it was our original plan for the next large diameter bullet to be a 50 cal. This would bookend our line and be the largest diameter bullet we will ever make. After we made the 50 cal we were going to start on other large diameter bullets. This plan has changed.

Due to significant feedback we've decided to make the 375 cal bullet next. This will be followed most likely by the 408 cal. Please keep in mind that introducing a whole new caliber takes a lot of time due to the significant amount of tooling involved. It won't be soon (and not likely this year) but the 375 cal and then 408 cal are the next new calibers to be made at Berger. </div></div>

Re: .375 cal Berger Bullets

Something to look forward to

Can't wait...

I wonder how many 375 barrels I can wear out before they show up
smile.gif

It is definitely worthwhile to look into the 375 CT,or the 408 CT now. Wondering about the brass situation. I amsure that it wont be cheap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wadcutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> it was our original plan for the next large diameter bullet to be a 50 cal. This would bookend our line and be the largest diameter bullet we will ever make. After we made the 50 cal we were going to start on other large diameter bullets. This plan has changed.

Due to significant feedback we've decided to make the 375 cal bullet next. This will be followed most likely by the 408 cal. Please keep in mind that introducing a whole new caliber takes a lot of time due to the significant amount of tooling involved. It won't be soon (and not likely this year) but the 375 cal and then 408 cal are the next new calibers to be made at Berger. </div></div> </div></div>

Although I sold my 375CT (might buy another in the future) I'd like to see Berger make a couple different weights with very small meplats.

Hybrid design in the 340 grain range for all the 11.5 twist barrels out there and a 380-390 grain Hybrid made to work in 8-9 twist barrels.

I wish Lapua would make 375CT brass, also for a temperature stable powder made specially for the 375CT case and for a new "hotter" large rifle magnum primer. Not much to wish for aye ?
wink.gif

unless someone steps up to make 408/375 CheyTac brass its not going to go very far, unless Dave steps in and produces a ton of SnipTac brass for the market.

Jeffvn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stephen Damron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We already have a 350 grain 375 bullet that flyes great in the CT and also ................ </div></div>
You have one place to buy that bullet now.
If Berger steps up it will take forever...Count on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeffvn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unless someone steps up to make 408/375 CheyTac brass its not going to go very far, unless Dave steps in and produces a ton of SnipTac brass for the market.

Jeffvn </div></div>

Bertram Brass made in Aussie
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stephen Damron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We already have a 350 grain 375 bullet that flyes great in the CT and also Dave Viers Snipe tac </div></div>

Are you talking about the SMK?

For some reason they wouldn't shoot well out of two 375CT's we were using.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickoz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kiwi Greg,

How much does the Bertram stuff cost normally?? </div></div>

If you can get it over there in the US it shouldnt cost anymore than the Jamison did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stephen Damron</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, the 375 from Dynamic Research LLC. </div></div>

Ok, yeah I was thinking a standard lead jacketed bullet not a solid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiwi Greg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeffvn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">unless someone steps up to make 408/375 CheyTac brass its not going to go very far, unless Dave steps in and produces a ton of SnipTac brass for the market.

Jeffvn </div></div>

Bertram Brass made in Aussie
cool.gif
</div></div>
Bertram brass is custom made to the quality required by the agent that requests it.
I have shot some of the stuff that was made to a standard rather than a price, and it is wonderful stuff. Easy as good as the best Lapua brass.

Yep, Bertram brass isn't hard to get.. if you can't find 375 brass, just neck down the 408... no issues.... you can get the brass for under 200.00/100 pieces.

The bullets range from 1.30/ea out to as much as you'd like to spend.... the 330gr LeHighs are about 1.30ea and are solids.

I'd like to see Berger make a 375 bullet... can't wait to buy some. The 350gr SMKs were a special run and, I can no longer find them.

There are a lot of 11.5:1 twist barrels but mine is a 1:10.

I'd like to see something in the range of 375-400gr for that barrel. There will be a lot of 11.5:1 barrels but, there are a lot of 10.5:1 and 10:1 barrels out there too for the long copper solids. Would be great to see something with a lead core and heavy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wadcutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Due to significant feedback we've decided to make the 375 cal bullet next. This will be followed most likely by the 408 cal. Please keep in mind that introducing a whole new caliber takes a lot of time due to the significant amount of tooling involved. It won't be soon (and not likely this year) but the 375 cal and then 408 cal are the next new calibers to be made at Berger. </div></div> </div></div>

Although I sold my 375CT (might buy another in the future) I'd like to see Berger make a couple different weights with very small meplats.

Hybrid design in the 340 grain range for all the 11.5 twist barrels out there and a 380-390 grain Hybrid made to work in 8-9 twist barrels.

I wish Lapua would make 375CT brass, also for a temperature stable powder made specially for the 375CT case and for a new "hotter" large rifle magnum primer. Not much to wish for aye ?
wink.gif
</div></div>

I'm going to use the rem 9 1/2 magnum primers... they're hot as hell so, they should perform better than the cool primers we use for everything else. LOL Like you, I wish there were something between retumbo and 50bmg powder too for burn rate.

I might have Dave rechamber for 375 snipetac when I'm done with this barrel... I like Dave... seems like a cool guy. He doesn't mind chatting on the phone and, he's cutting my dies now.

Also, after Berger starts making projectiles, I'm sure the caliber will become even more popular. Really, why would you buy a 338 when you can shoot a 375 for really not much more? (more for powder and more expensive projectiles but, Berger will likely cut down the cost of projectiles with a good lead core design ) The 375 will school a 50 cal in every way for long range accuracy, distance, trajectory and shoot inside it in the wind... arrive 3/4 a second faster at 2500yds... not to mention the rifle is lighter and you can use the same rockchucker you've always used to reload it.

N570,869,872. Try those powders.

The Cheytac case needs Fed 215 primers only. Other primers are not hot enough on cold days. Remember, if the case uses more than 100grs of powder, use the 215 primer.

thanks, Guys! I'm just getting started and Dave it probably getting my dies in the mail today so, all of this advice helps me.

Is jamison going to eventually open there doors up at a later date or are the done for good?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That sucks. Need more options on .50 bullets </div></div>
+1

I just bought 200 pieces of 375 CT brass from the hunting shack..$1.89 each. Apparently the brass was held up at customs, but they got em now!!!
So it looks like Bertram has stepped up to the plate. I think CT is here to stay. I just spoke to a vendor today who said the military ordered something like 10,000 rounds from them. The Russian military is also interested in the CT. Hopefully this cartridge will hit main stream and the price will continue to come down.
zman