• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.375 Cheytac questions

Re: .375 Cheytac questions

sweet pickles said:
Rockchucker Supreme works great, another one that is worth a look is the Redding Ultramag, [/quote

I've been using the redding Ultramag press to reload the 375 chyetac improved for a while now and if your looking to get a new press the redding Ultramag would be on my shopping list.

What MOA scope bases are people useing for a 375CT shooting around 2000 yards or so.

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks Pyrofx, thats what I went with was just making sure I had enought.

I run a 40MOA with the Vortex Razor. That setup with DTM 375 Cheytac gives me 2750 when the turret is topped out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run a 40MOA with the Vortex Razor. That setup with DTM 375 Cheytac gives me 2750 when the turret is topped out.</div></div>

What distance is your zero with that set up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run a 40MOA with the Vortex Razor. That setup with DTM 375 Cheytac gives me 2750 when the turret is topped out.</div></div>

Was that you that just shot 3080 yards? Very impressive if so! Congrats.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tyler_s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone make a stock for the 1.60" stiller tac 408 action other than chassis? </div></div>

I believe Mcmillan makes A5 in a super magnum model that will accept that size action. Manners does as well.

My benchmark 375 barrel came in this week. It's a 10 twist and it has .368 stamped on the end. Is that a lost river bore? And what kind of bullets can I expect to try ?

So after so many years, what are the loads everyone is using now powders primers etc?

I'm sure there are a lot of new developments from the last in 2013

DTA HTI with Bertram/CE L09/132.5 Retumbo/fed gm215m @ apprx 3050fps

These shots were uncorrected and fired blind at 1020, 1520, 1953, and 2377 based on AB predictions corected for met/env conditions. The black square is 15" x 15".
Other than there were some major deviation between AB and the realtime results, I am very pleased that the best results were obtained at the farthest distance fired to date.

Tyler, 368 is the minor bore. its not a lost river, this is standard with the major being .375

What and who set the standard?

Most standard SAAMI spec. barrels in .375cal. are .366" bore. One exception I know of is the .378WBY which is .367".

I haven't seen any SAAMI standards for .375 Cheytec etc...so if .368" is the standard for that then Cheytec must have set it?

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Hey WaltHer, have you had a chance to try any of the CEB 427 gr. pills yet? If so I am real interested in your feedback on them.

The Hti is a straight 1:10 twist so I'm under the impression that the 427 isnt recommended by CE. I bought heavy in the 352s and other than matching the ballistic curve to realtime results the 352s are real impressive. They destroy targets in excess of 1500yds that 300gr smk's out of my Lapua bounce off at 1000yds, and matched my starting AB curve very closely out to 1520. I haven't had the opportunity to test them since I adjusted my curve based on testing at 2377.
How about you, are you up and running?

I am but with work, and being back in school lately I've had no chance to stretch the legs so to speak. I need about a week in the mountains with the rifle, need to recharge the batteries. With the straight 10 twist I bet you could run the 377's pretty well. The 300 smk's bounce at 1000? What are you shooting 1/2 in. steel?

I am but with work, and being back in school lately I've had no chance to stretch the legs so to speak. I need about a week in the mountains with the rifle, need to recharge the batteries. With the straight 10 twist I bet you could run the 377's pretty well. The 300 smk's bounce at 1000? What are you shooting 1/2 in. steel?

Hardened steel harrow disc.