• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

37XC Build

What bullets (non solids) that are available for the 375?

There is the Sierra 350, but it's got a pretty low BC for what it is, and then there's the 390 gr A Tip. So, pretty much it's only the A Tip. I've got 600 on the shelf, but I'm not sure if I want to go through load development with my current barrel, or just keep using the solids and switch over to A Tips when I move to the next barrel. I'm leaning toward waiting.

Keep in mind you will run out of scope mils faster with the 41xc but if you want to hit 2-miles you are going to need a Charlie Tarac anyway.
we talked about this in another thread, if you run a zero offset that is close to zero at 1000 you should be able to dial to 2 miles and then put the Charlie on for 4k. :p

Reactions: Swatdude1
Just received my custom arbor seating die from @Dan Warner - I have to say I've never seen a die quite like this before...

warner die.jpg

The solids may be harder to see...I don't have any experience with other ELR bullets but the Cutting Edge bullets are performing great for me. With 3 trips shooting at 3'x3' plate at 3577 yds and last weekend 3702 yds, have hits on both. 3702 yds was 4th shot...so not dumping alot of rounds with my 37xc.

Reactions: Taylorbok and BCX
The solids may be harder to see...I don't have any experience with other ELR bullets but the Cutting Edge bullets are performing great for me. With 3 trips shooting at 3'x3' plate at 3577 yds and last weekend 3702 yds, have hits on both. 3702 yds was 4th shot...so not dumping alot of rounds with my 37xc.

What are you using for spotting? Also, what bullets/load?

I'm hanging a 33" square plate and it barely moves, if at all, at ranges much past 2100 - 2200, and there's not enough of a mark on the plate to see. And if the ground around it is anything but dusty/dry, I'm lucky to see one out of three on the misses at similar and longer ranges.

I may try switching solids as I've got some Warners, but I'm skeptical that it will help my spotting issues.

Reactions: Taylorbok
I posted some pics of hits on a 24x24 plate we use out to 2450 yards. 338 Berger’s vs Badlands vs Warners. I can see my hits and misses w the scope w Berger and Badlands, both leave a nice splatter on target! The Warners being a much harder alloy are hard to see the hits on plate but that’s what a flasher is for.

Do the CE leave a nice wide splatter on target? Can you post a pic? I have a 375 cal barrel coming for 37xc and haven’t settled on a solid to start with.

I have the 2 mile target camera from LongShot and T1000 flashers...we use both to see. Very visible, but not much impact area on plates for sure. N570 powder, 117.2 grains with C.E bullet. I have Vortex spotting scope with mil reticle to see. At that distance it is very hard to see splash, but doable.

I posted some pics of hits on a 24x24 plate we use out to 2450 yards. 338 Berger’s vs Badlands vs Warners. I can see my hits and misses w the scope w Berger and Badlands, both leave a nice splatter on target! The Warners being a much harder alloy are hard to see the hits on plate but that’s what a flasher is for.
Which Badlands? ICBM-2 or Super Bulldozers?

You just made me spend some $$$ :)

I just spoke with Badlands and ordered some 365 Bulldozers.

• Haha
Reactions: babyguppy and BCX
I would like to add one more observation, call me crazy but I swear I get a silver flash in the scope upon impact w BL SBD2.

I would like to add one more observation, call me crazy but I swear I get a silver flash in the scope upon impact w BL SBD2.

The guy at Badlands said that people shooting against bare steel said the same.

Reactions: BCX
I took the 365 gr Badlands out for a spin this weekend. They definitely improve the splash/target mark. I need to do some load dev and further testing, but initial impression is very positive.

I took the 365 gr Badlands out for a spin this weekend. They definitely improve the splash/target mark. I need to do some load dev and further testing, but initial impression is very positive.
I want to try these bullets in my 375 Project also. I've heard great things.

What velocity? Spoke to Bartlein last week. 375 blanks are scheduled for late fall production. Going to be next year before I get into shooting the 37 XC!

What velocity? Spoke to Bartlein last week. 375 blanks are scheduled for late fall production. Going to be next year before I get into shooting the 37 XC!

Out of my current barrel, it looks like roughly 3000 fps is going to be my max. We'll see what the new barrel can do. For this weekend, I ran four loads to gauge speed (all H1000): 118.3, 118.6, 118.9, 119.1. The last was definitely hitting pressure as I had heavy bolt lift. I didn't fire the 118.9 load (a friend who was there with me did), but I think he had a slightly heavy lift on one.

For 118.6 load, I got an ES of 11 and an SD of 5.7 over 4 shots - 3000 fps average. This is where I'm going to play.

As an aside, I haven't fired this thing for a few months - I'm feeling it and I only fired like 10 shots.

Reactions: BCX
I use MTM 28 gauge shotshell boxes for my ammo as they are much cheaper.
You can also invert the tray to hold your ammo from falling out of the bottom tray.

I use MTM 28 gauge shotshell boxes for my ammo as they are much cheaper.
You can also invert the tray to hold your ammo from falling out of the bottom tray.
can you link the case you are talking about. I'd be interested to see which one you are talking about? I can't figure out which one on their site would be long enough to hold ur ammo. I actually ordered a DNA case but haven't got it yet.

DNA cases are great. I use one w the 33XC. Worth ever penny.

It's a 20 gauge box mtm# sf-100 that normally holds two trays each of 50 shotgun shells.
I drilled the top tray so it sits on the shoulder of the case and nothing falls over.
Inside height is almost 6 inches.
Pictures are bad because my lens is cracked
Ammo in the box is 338 Snipetac

Attachments

• 20230905_181716.jpg
    20230905_181716.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230905_181549.jpg
    20230905_181549.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230905_181531.jpg
    20230905_181531.jpg