• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 40% off for military and LE for Leupold tactical

Re: 40% off for military and LE for Leupold tactical

Thanks!

Hadn't really considered any Leupold's. But 40% off does mix things up a bit.

First, a program like this makes me wonder just how absurdly inflated is the retail price. And second, as a marketing tool, it announces that Leupold really cares about only a small group of its customers.

For me the question remains: Do I really want a Leupold, even if I could get 40% off the retail price? And, unfortunately for this program, the answer is still 'No'.

Instead of spending its time and money slashing its prices for a select few, perhaps Leupold could improve the quality and the value of their product.

What I see in Leupold's announcement is a cry for help from a large organization in distress.

Hey Graham--quit your bitchin' and find a fed friend
smile.gif
40% of a Mk 4 spotter!!

See you in August!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Graham--quit your bitchin' and find a fed friend
smile.gif
40% of a Mk 4 spotter!! See you in August!! </div></div>LOL! Not even if you gave one to me as a prize - which you never did, btw.
laugh.gif

do any of you guys have the FFP Mk4 with the Mildot or TMR reticle? Im wanting to see some reticle pics to figure out if its something I'd be interested in.

Once again the poor civilian working in the private sector is expected to pay full price for everything, and pay for everybody else's too via the repressive Fed's taxation system!
Political rant over!

I'll take a NIB Leupold Mark 4 12-40x60mm Tactical Spotting Scope P4 or TMR for $1200 plus shipping today!
Any sellers?

Saw one go for 1K on gunbroker, might have to wait on that again.
I knew I should have got that demo Mike offered me for $1100!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Graham--quit your bitchin' and find a fed friend
smile.gif
40% of a Mk 4 spotter!!

See you in August!! </div></div>

I'm available for rent
grin.gif

I bought a MK4 4.5-14 MilDot on a similar incentive program a few weeks ago. I love me some MK4. Glass is nice and clear, great turret feedback and accuracy. So far so good.

Dear Leupold,

Thanks for not supporting the state and local law enforcement, which could usually use the help of a discount like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dear Leupold,

Thanks for not supporting the state and local law enforcement, which could usually use the help of a discount like that. </div></div>
No shit...
I feel jipped. I would actually buy a 3.5-10x M5, but NO...

It makes no sense that they would extend this offer to Active military and activating reserve/NG but not state/local LE.

First of all- if you are buying an optic in the military it's most likely because you want to, not because you need to. I was provided with ample equipment issue while in and though I made the decision to purchase my own ACOG once I didn't *need* to. For those that are in situations where you would *need* to buy an optic for the military, why go with Leupold when there are much better options? A discount? At least local LE and state LE would be able to use this offer. As it stands, the offer is just a way to gain favor in a community they expect to support them, not to support that community.

You can join regardless of your status if you just have an army.mil or other government account. It worked for me and I have been retired for two years. I don't plan to purchase though.

but whats the wait time on purchases? Nightforce quoted me a very nice price for a NXS but wait time was 11 weeks minimum. I ended up going with a dealer for only $90 more than what Nightforce quoted me and had it in 3 days.

Their website says: "Federal Law Enforcement <span style="text-decoration: underline">Agencies</span> involved with security, protection, and/or enforcement". Does this mean I can only order on behalf of my Agency or can I order for myself using this discount? Does my question make sense?

Even if I still qualified...
3.5-10X40 FFP [NON-Illuminated], TMR Reticle, M5-turrets

40% off and still $1K.... Ummm... no thanks. I wonder how much more it would be for a 4-14 with the same options plus illumination [oh wait...they don't make one]... good lord...

Well I think it is really a slap in the face that they are only offering it to federal law enforcement officers! What about state and local law enforcement officers? I guess in Leupold's eyes they are not important! Leupold has gotten the last dollar they will ever see from me! Not that it will bankrupt them but it's the point behind it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I think it is really a slap in the face that they are only offering it to federal law enforcement officers! What about state and local law enforcement officers? I guess in Leupold's eyes they are not important! Leupold has gotten the last dollar they will ever see from me! Not that it will bankrupt them but it's the point behind it! </div></div>

I have to agree. There are more life saving shots taken through State and Local optics than Federal. Maybe Leupold knows this.... Maybe that is the reason....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: merc308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but whats the wait time on purchases? Nightforce quoted me a very nice price for a NXS but wait time was 11 weeks minimum. I ended up going with a dealer for only $90 more than what Nightforce quoted me and had it in 3 days. </div></div>

I can answer this for you as i have ordered through this program and managed to get myself in a bind due to their lack of responding to emails, calls, and voicemails (and my stupidity in assuming). It took 6 weeks to get what i had ordered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks!

Hadn't really considered any Leupold's. But 40% off does mix things up a bit. </div></div>

Yes it does, I'll see how it goes shortly.

I'm a city cop in Oregon and have used the Leupold LE program twice now. I know the letterhead states federal only but that's not the case. Just prove where you work and you're good. Talk with JR in the LE sales dept. He'll get you squared away.

KeithR41

Personally I would say thank you Leupold for giving our guys in uniform a break. I am sure any legitimate LEO would also be able to get this with a little work, as stated by a couple of guys already. Honestly I think some of you guys would bitch if they gave you one. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psycho-82</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: merc308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but whats the wait time on purchases? Nightforce quoted me a very nice price for a NXS but wait time was 11 weeks minimum. I ended up going with a dealer for only $90 more than what Nightforce quoted me and had it in 3 days. </div></div>

I can answer this for you as i have ordered through this program and managed to get myself in a bind due to their lack of responding to emails, calls, and voicemails (and my stupidity in assuming). It took 6 weeks to get what i had ordered.</div></div>

Yep, I knew it would be forever and a day until you receive the merchandise. Slightly better than Nightforce's wait time. I bought a P220 directly from Sig Sauer on their Military purchase plan and it took 3 months to get to my FFL.

I was only commenting on Leupold's website says about the discount. It clearly states that the discount is for active military or federal law enforcement officers. I thought that was pretty shitty that they didn't include state and local officers. If they do give the discount of state and local officers and it just doesn't say that on their website, then I retract my rant!

I called Leupold Tactical Division today and spoke with J.R. He's a pretty good guy and I was pretty happy with his great customer service.
Basically, the promotion is ONLY for feds and military. He said that he's (and the Tactical Division) been working with Leupold to extend the discount to local police, but that Leupold hasn't gone with it. He had no idea why Leupold wouldn't do a local LEO program, but said it's been discussed and brought to the table without much result. To his credit, I'm glad that he was honest enough to say that.

He also told me that their Leupold Tactical Reps are generating some good pricing that is below retail and possibly comparable to the LEO promotion Leupold had many many years back. Unfortunately, there or no reps anywhere in my region, and it'll be a month before they determine who the rep will be. So, I'll hold out for that and see where we're at.

I'm still annoyed by the way Leupold doesn't seem to want to have these programs with LEOs. In the interest of fairness, I'll wait to pass full judgment until next month when I can speak to a Rep and see what kind of LE pricing they'll be giving. Maybe I'll be even more annoyed afterward, or maybe I'll be made to eat crow and look like a moron (my wife says I already do anyways...).

On a side-note, the CQBSS is scheduled to be ready for the market by August 1st. The cost, according to Leupold, will be approximately $3,000. Yes, that's right- $3k! To their credit, they're supposedly using some form of HD-quality glass. And you gotta jack up the price for the HORUS reticle. First orders will fill government contracts. Then, all over-runs and orders after the contracts will be available for LE. The public/civilian models won't be available until as late as 2011 SHOT show.
There's also a less expensive model with more traditional reticles that will be available some time in the future, for those of us that aren't made of money.

Cheers!
_______

Even with the 40% discount, it's not that great.

For example,

Leupold 6.5-20x50 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm TMR - $1300 @ SWFA

Leupold 6.5-20x50 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm TMR - $1003 with the 40% discount. The price before discount would be right around $1670

$300 is still a nice chunk of changed saved. But the 40% discount is exaggerated by the much higher list price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeroed1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even if I still qualified...
3.5-10X40 FFP [NON-Illuminated], TMR Reticle, M5-turrets

40% off and still $1K.... Ummm... no thanks. I wonder how much more it would be for a 4-14 with the same options plus illumination [oh wait...they don't make one]... good lord... </div></div>

actually with the discount that scope is $1143.00
grin.gif

It is me, or does it seem odd that a post the demonstrates an American company that gives a discount to Federal LE and Active Mil....and the majority of the posts are from folks complaining they're not elgible for the discount?

What an amazing sense of entitlement.

Kudos for NF, Leupold, and any other company out there for offering a discount to anyone wearing a uniform, whatever the group may be (Federal, State, County, Muni, etc)....that's my stance.

The Companies that make these policies will bear the consequences of their decision, that's their decision to make.

If your not in this "specific" club offered by Company "X"....get over it.

Guess I'm not seeing what good it does to whine away on a thread about being excluded from a discount.

Flame away.

I'm a Soldier and I qualify for the discount. What gets my dander up is the fact that ALL Law Enforcement do not qualify. That is a travesty. When Police Officers see more Combat in LA, Detroit, Washington DC, etc than 3/4 of the Fobbits that never see the perimeter wife on the FOB they live on. A hard day for a Fobbit is Pizza hut is out of pepperoni, or they are out of chocolate ice cream. They are serving their country non the less, but when our Police Officer's are in the direct line if fire, I want them to have the best.Oh and by the way to those complaining that they get no discount... The Maximum Age to join the Army is 42. Come on in, do your two, get a scope and get out. For those who served an d are out now, there are plenty of us that will make a purchase and it find its way into you your hands. It is the least we can do.

By the way, Hey Nightforce, a 40% discount would be nice, instead of the 10% off MSRP. Looks like Leupold might be pulling ahead in the optics race (not counting US Optics, Schmidt and Bender,etc)

I for one will give my business to Leupold. But I will tell whomever I am talking to that it is Bull Sh*t that all LEOs don't get the same discount. Come to think about it, I think Nightforce might get a call from me, too. Lets just hope Viper PST offers a discount to MIL/LEOs as well (that might make them the optic of the year)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasvmi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets just hope Viper PST offers a discount to MIL/LEOs as well (that might make them the optic of the year) </div></div>

Oh Vortex does give a mil discount... however they are not offering that discount to their viper or razor series of optics. Ive called and asked and they said they would leave the discounts for Liberty Optics and co...

No sense of entitlement here.
Negotiated a fair price and have a Leupold MK 4 P4 Spotting Scope and ARD inbound for next week.
Got a Ray-Vin Eclipse Stand to use with it and some other ideas.

hey hey, we aint got pizza hut in the Stan anymore remember?
lol

All seriousness, I must agree. A lot of LEO who would need to buy a personal scope for duty usually do so because their department cannot afford to equip them with one. They should definitely be allowed to participate, if anything else.

Another thing about the 40% off. It only applies to certain items, not their whole product line.

Gentleman, this argument was held a year or two ago. Anyone in Law Enforcement knows it's a thankless job. There are days when you just can’t please anyone……..You guys know what I’m talking about. I look at this way...it's enough for me to know that my family, friends and neighborhood are safe……….even for a little while with every dirt bag I put in jail………..at least until he/she makes bail. Keep a good mental attitude. We all know that we are not owed anything from the public or businesses. Last year was one of the deadliest years for Federal, State and local Officers killed in the line of duty..... I think the majority of the public really appreciates our efforts in fighting crime. So, if Leupold wants to only recognize a certain segment of Law Enforcement and/or Military, then good for them. PAT.

I'm not sure if everyone bothered to go and dabble around the website they're offering this through or not... I'm aware you guys are a bit upset over Leupold not offering the equipment to Law Enforcement personnel, but you might still find some deals on other gear/equipment via the website.

List of "Teams"
http://www.promotive.com/action/broform/team/search

LEO team offers the following brands
http://www.promotive.com/action/broform/team/home?teamId=56

Not sure if this helps at all... don't kill the messenger please.

It is only Federal LE , Not State or Local.

Thanks

They're not offering this discount to give a break to military and federal LE, the're doing it to try to get the papers and websites full of pictures of their scopes being used in the field. Theres plenty of pictures out in the mass media of military and the feds carrying their rifles. Not so much of local and state LE. Shame on Leupold.

As a side note, anyone know who else (brands or retailers) offers a military and LE discount?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adm845</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They're not offering this discount to give a break to military and federal LE, the're doing it to try to get the papers and websites full of pictures of their scopes being used in the field. Theres plenty of pictures out in the mass media of military and the feds carrying their rifles. Not so much of local and state LE. Shame on Leupold.

As a side note, anyone know who else (brands or retailers) offers a military and LE discount? </div></div>

What? How in the hell would this discount help them in advertising? You think the media is going to give them free advertisment because thier giving a discount for any reason? I'm certain they're paying for every ad, discount or not,....... unbelievable.

I dont care if the discount is just for red headed step children. Why in the hell would you bash a company for discounting a procuct of any kind, of any quality, for any reason? To me this line of reasoning is just beyond comprehension. Me, I'll take the discount, 5% or 50%, any's better than none which is what you get from most.

okie

PS. I'd be interested in an answer to that side note too.

okiefired, apparently you didnt get the point of what i was saying. Im not saying the media is going to give them free 2 page leupold ads in the paper, but if leupold can get enough of their scopes in use in the field they are getting 'free advertising.' Do am image search on any of the major search engines for 'snipers in iraq' or 'soldiers in iraq' and you'll see plenty of guys in the desert with their rifles. Leupold hopes that by offering this discount more of those rifles will have leupold's on top.

Before I really got into shooting I couldnt have told you what a nightforce was and I would have thought schmidt and bender was a lawfirm. But I knew who leupold was because when I saw pictures of soldiers or read about their equipment I saw leupolds. Thats not the standard anymore and leupold would like it to become the standard again.

Hopefully this clarrified my original post for you.

Not sure if there was a misunderstanding, I said nothing about 2 pages. I thought we were talking about pics because thats what you said. Sorry adm845 but I find it a bit funny that you think Leuppy would pull a stunt like that to get more pics of thier product in use, they're pretty common. Actually, some of the recent LR records in the mid east were set with Leupy clad rifles and pics to prove. Not saying they're the best available, they're certainly not but they are being used and its not hard to prove.

okie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okiefired</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What? How in the hell would this discount help them in advertising? <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">You think the media is going to give them free advertisment because thier giving a discount for any reason? I'm certain they're paying for every ad, discount or not,....... unbelievable.</span></span>
I dont care if the discount is just for red headed step children. Why in the hell would you bash a company for discounting a procuct of any kind, of any quality, for any reason? To me this line of reasoning is just beyond comprehension. Me, I'll take the discount, 5% or 50%, any's better than none which is what you get from most.

okie

PS. I'd be interested in an answer to that side note too.
</div></div>

My two page comment was in reference to your underlined comment above. my original post was not refering to the media giving leupold free advertisements they would normally pay for (like . . . oh, i dont know, a two page ad in the paper!) and you refered to it as though it was. So obvisouly you were confused and since you cant even remember the comment you posted 30 minutes ago, your obviously still confused. You dont seem to understand how marketing works. Why does Peyton Manning get paid millions of dollars to wear a Reebok hat? Because reebok wants people to see pictures of Peyton Manning using their products. You dont think Scope manufacturers do the same thing? Since they cant pay the troops to use them, and the army doesnt give out leupolds to everyone like they do with aimpoints and acogs, Leupold needs to offer them discounted to the troops in order to get more in use, and thus more will be seen.
Now if you can understand that that is exactly how marketing works, you may finally see what im talking about. If not, youll say something else which wont make a whole lot of sense.

Damn, lighten up Francis. Little thin skined aren't you?
Dont think there is any reason to get personal here but if you insist, I can probably do it. And WTF, YOU were the one to make the "2 page" comment, not me, who's confused? I know exactly how marketing works and so does Leupold. They're not gonna give away how ever much in discounts to gain a few pics of thier products in action in which they already have more than they can use. But I tell you what brother, you go ahead and continue to school us all in the intrecacies of marketing, in your infinate wisdom, you seem to be the pro we've all been looking for.

okie

Lighten up? I didnt get personal, everything i said was a direct reference to something you had previously said. You attacking my post initially was the whole reason for my rebuttel anyway. This is my first post since I made a couple while in afghanistan and i can tell you that there aren't many leaupolds out there. I saw maybe three during my whole tour.
Guys like you, on here giving people a hard time and making fun of people for giving their opinions are everything that is wrong with this website.

See you in a couple months when I get back from my next tour and decide to post again.

I never attacked anything, I didn't agree and thats what I stated. I've never made fun of anyone and your a lier if you say I have. You think I was giving you a hard time? If so, I appologise. Damn, hate to see how you'd have acted if I really had. Dont know what mil service has got to do with anything but I've never served because of reasons beyond my control. I'll just go ahead and conceed that your dicks probably bigger than mine too. Thanks for your service and take care of yourself on the return, look forward to your next post.

okie