• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40x and Winchester 52 on CMP website

Re: 40x and Winchester 52 on CMP website

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anybody were willing to get a USMC marked barreled action for me, transfer it to me, I would give a $100 for their troubles. I believe it way to late for me to attempt to register and get one.

Want to put in my return stock until the rest is done...
Just PM me.

Regards,
DT </div></div>Highly illegal. I personally don't care but others might...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anybody were willing to get a USMC marked barreled action for me, transfer it to me, I would give a $100 for their troubles. I believe it way to late for me to attempt to register and get one.

Just PM me.

Regards,
DT </div></div>Highly illegal. I personally don't care but others might...</div></div>

How is it illegal? I see CMP guns on Gunbroker all day long. How is this any different?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anybody were willing to get a USMC marked barreled action for me, transfer it to me, I would give a $100 for their troubles. I believe it way to late for me to attempt to register and get one.

Just PM me.

Regards,
DT </div></div>Highly illegal. I personally don't care but others might...</div></div>

How is it illegal? I see CMP guns on Gunbroker all day long. How is this any different? </div></div>

It's a gray area of the law. It would be Illegal because it may be viewed as a straw purchase, especially if the secondary transfer was FTF so there really is no record of that transfer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gszeto99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anybody were willing to get a USMC marked barreled action for me, transfer it to me, I would give a $100 for their troubles. I believe it way to late for me to attempt to register and get one.

Just PM me.

Regards,

How is it illegal? I see CMP guns on Gunbroker all day long. How is this any different? </div></div>

It's a gray area of the law. It would be Illegal because it may be viewed as a straw purchase, especially if the secondary transfer was FTF so there really is no record of that transfer.

</div></div>

It can only be considered a "straw purchase" if the one who gets it is a prohibited possessor. You don't fill out a 4473 for these, so you don't need to answer the question about who you are buying it for. I'm not condoning it either way, just pointing out that this would NOT be a "straw purchase" because (presumably) the poster isn't a PP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jtb33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It can only be considered a "straw purchase" if the one who gets it is a prohibited possessor. You don't fill out a 4473 for these, so you don't need to answer the question about who you are buying it for. I'm not condoning it either way, just pointing out that this would NOT be a "straw purchase" because (presumably) the poster isn't a PP. </div></div>

And, anyone who I wish could help out, more than likely will be from outta state, meaning I will still have to transfer to my FFL anyways.

The list of CMP approved organizations for CO is small, and most of them have a waiting list just to join...

Anyone know if the National Bench Rest Shooters Association is CMP approved? I looked all over the approved list and cant find. That is the only club I am "officially" a member of. That is the only hang up for me to just do it myself.

Thanks again fellas,
DT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...The list of CMP approved organizations for CO is small, and most of them have a waiting list just to join...</div></div>

The CMP has a phone number that you can call to ask them. Their www even states that they will find a club for you. It's worth a try...

256-835-8455,

Or try emailing their customer service and ask them...

[email protected]

I got my USMC 40X! And I also got a USMC barreled action. It is probably far too much, but I just couldn't help myself. I imagine I won't get a deal like this again as it is the last of the CMP 40X's. I kind of wish I would have put in for a 52D, but oh well...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my USMC 40X! And I also got a USMC barreled action. It is probably far too much, but I just couldn't help myself. I imagine I won't get a deal like this again as it is the last of the CMP 40X's. I kind of wish I would have put in for a 52D, but oh well... </div></div>

pics???

lucky...

Thanks! If I could get it cheap enough, I might buy. But I figured I would pull the barrel off and put it in a McMillan with a shiny new match barrel.

Option 2 would be to buy the stock, sell the complete gun for a lot of money (USMC's sell for a premium), and get a new action to work off of... either another 40X or a Stiller.

I bought this barreled action to build a nice new gun from the ground up... when I get the funds together.