• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

45 ACP Powder Choice

I started using VV N-340 6.0 grains under a 230 grain bullet back in the 1990s. When I last shot IPSC I practiced 500 rounds of 45 a week. That's a lot of cleaning. This load is the cleanest load I HAVE EVER shot. From a 5" barrel it runs 850 to 880 fps.

Good luck.

I run IMR SR4756 in my 45acp so far and have had good luck

Same here, 6.8gr is what im using for the Berrys 230gr
wasn't my first choice but it has been easy to find and it also works well for 9mm

I've been using AA#5 for a couple of years (mostly). I did drag out some old cans of 700X and Unique awhile back and load up some rounds with those powders.

In the past I used mostly Unique and a little bit of Bullseye.

I need to do some research and make a list of newer/different powders and take it with me to the gun store/gun show to see what I might run across.

Hello,

I prefer Bullseye or Win231 and 230 grain (nominal) soft-cast Lee truncated cone with standard lube groove and homemade lube. Very good on the critters I encounter.

I do load a bit hotter than is recommended by the Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook, so I hesitate to put the charges here. The charges are considered plenty safe for jacketed bullets.

Regards,

Josh