• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5.45x39 banned from import

my understanding is that They only banned the steel core. And did it because someone developed a pistol that would fire 5.45x39. So now there is a pistol that shoots armor piercing rounds... So the ATF banned the ammo. it has nothing to do with sanctions or any of that other BS politics.

So how much are the 20k rounds of it that I have worth now?

Is this one of those things where you'll see one spam can going for $500-$1000 or something eventually?

So how much are the 20k rounds of it that I have worth now?

Is this one of those things where you'll see one spam can going for $500-$1000 or something eventually?

My comment on the other thread was something like, "Oh, great, now I'm a thousandaire."

What you sell, you can't shoot, so you wind up asking yourself some deep, deep questions about the real value of plentiful ammunition and serviceable rifles.

It just isn't worth it to turn any of it around no matter how high it goes.

Apparently, here's your effin' "smoking gun" what done 7N6 in:

qL0Ptzo.jpg

First listing: AK-74 Pistol 5.45 RARE Custom Krink AK74 5.45x39 : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Relisted: AK-74 Pistol 5.45 RARE Custom Krink AK74 5.45x39 : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Discussed: Kiss Imported 5.45x39 Milsurp Ammo Goodbye - Apparently ATF Ban is now in effect | Investor Discussion Board: IDB

:mad:

All it ever takes is one dumb ass to ruin it for everyone.

My comment on the other thread was something like, "Oh, great, now I'm a thousandaire."

What you sell, you can't shoot, so you wind up asking yourself some deep, deep questions about the real value of plentiful ammunition and serviceable rifles.

It just isn't worth it to turn any of it around no matter how high it goes.

Yeah I agree. It was something I decided to start getting a monthly crate or two for and then thought, what the hell, lets get a Krinkov.

It's not my go-to rifle nor my go-to ammo. However, having an SBR Krinkov and 20k+ rounds around definitely isn't a bad thing.

There will be other ammo, and I have a feeling this may finally be the motivating factor for reloading component manufacturers to look at 5.45.

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about. We learned from an older thread that 5.45x39 and 5.56NATO are "basically the same" and "will work in a pinch". That's the beauty of the Russian design. You guys need to be more positive.

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about. We learned from an older thread that 5.45x39 and 5.56NATO are "basically the same" and "will work in a pinch". That's the beauty of the Russian design. You guys need to be more positive.

So, you're gonna go around and scrape any shattered bits of receiver out of the faces of everyone who attempts caliber/chamber long division and doesn't get a result of exactly 1? :rolleyes:

No but I feel Rooney and TR might have something here with a 5.51x42 Hybrid tungsten core death ray cartridge. For the low price of $7,856, you can shoot that milsurp stuff you operators are clamoring for.

No but I feel Rooney and TR might have something here with a 5.51x42 Hybrid tungsten core death ray cartridge. For the low price of $7,856, you can shoot that milsurp stuff you operators are clamoring for.

Rooney, it's ALWAYS Rooney with you people! :D

Well, there are ar pistols out there too. Makes me worry that 5.56 isn't far behind.

Call your congressmen, then get on Facebook, or any other forum, and tell your friends to call their congressmen. If even 1/10th of the people who care call, they will have a measurable impact.

I emailed my reps in ND and I hope it helps, but I've already sold my bbl and bolt. But I'll gladly eat crow and have to buy again if we can see it come back. :D

Sent from my SCH-I500