• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

5 round magazine for p308?

Rynham9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2012
Enid, OK
Looking for a 5 round magazine for p308. I want the lower profile for hunting applications. I have yet to find one. Anybody know where I might get some?

You can modify a 20LR PMAG (the previous generations that is...not the new, M3 model which won't work because of the baseplate redesign) by cutting it down and pinning the baseplate back on. Search the forum as there is a "How To" here somewhere (if not here...there is one on BARFCOM that works in the same manner with the same reliable results).

If not that, then wait for the 10-round factory offering from Magpul (should be in the next month or so) and the 5-round limiters that they'll be making for them.

OR...if not either of those options...there are the DPMS limited capacity mags (4-round) seen here: DPMS Mag LR-308 308 Winchester 4-Round Steel Parkerized

Good luck!