• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 Bmg Blow up....

So he will shoot another POS Serbu, you know the company that hires potheads to build their guns, but has to hide behind a truck to shoot a double rifle in 700 Nitro because he isn’t sure its safe? If he isn’t sure is safe why the fuck did he buy a 1968 10 gauge converted to .700 Nitro?

Scott is a grifter. He will shoot anything for money. What do you think paid for his hospital bills?

So he :

Blamed hot ammo

Blamed the guy for not screwing on the cap

Blamed a faulty case base

he should really just stop, wait 6 months and fudds will but his crap next spring

So he :

Blamed hot ammo

Blamed the guy for not screwing on the cap

Blamed a faulty case base

he should really just stop, wait 6 months and fudds will but his crap next spring

So many armchair engineers...surprised none of those who think they know more than the guy who builds these rifles isn't building rifles. I am sure to hear from those of you who do build rifles come up with "things" he should have done to make this rifle more fail-safe. The problem isn't with the rifle...its with those who use rounds that have not been vetted.

If this rifle is so unsafe, why have we not heard of any other catastrophic failures?

I blame the bloggers who are always looking to "one up" each other with a bigger, badder gun...doing things with them, most of us would never attempt...and for good reason.

At the end of the day, its always easy to blame the gun...isn't that what we do when a shooter goes nuts and everyone blames the gun for killing all those people...oh wait, different group...but the same scenario.

Last edited:
So many armchair engineers...surprised none of those who think they know more than the guy who builds these rifles isn't building rifles. I am sure to hear from those of you who do build rifles come up with "things" he should have done to make this rifle more fail-safe. The problem isn't with the rifle...its with those who use rounds that have not been vetted.

If this rifle is so unsafe, why have we not heard of any catastrophic failures?

I blame the bloggers who are always looking to "one up" each other with a bigger, badder gun...doing things with them, most of us would never attempt...and for good reason.

At the end of the day, its always easy to blame the gun...isn't that what we do when a shooter goes nuts and everyone blames the gun for killing all those people...oh wait, different group...but the same scenario.
We're not "armchair engineers".....were actual engineers.....

Bogus rounds or not, it is still the responsibility of the designer of the firearm to design it in a manner that does not actively contribute to the harm of the user....especially when it literally would not cost any more to design it "safely".....but of course that would require mark serbu to actually know what he's doing.

But enjoy your cheap 50bmg, ide invest in some life insurance and a good set of safety glasses if you intend to continue shooting it.

I do find it interesting that you've been a "member" here for 10 years....yet your only post is to come in and defend a proven POS rifle....hmmmmm

If this rifle is so unsafe, why have we not heard of any other catastrophic failures?

Hi,

Looks like you may want to spend a little more time and learn as to whom some of the members are on this forum before popping off with comments, lol

LOL.gif

Sincerely,
Theis

Bogus rounds or not, it is still the responsibility of the designer of the firearm to design it in a manner that does not actively contribute to the harm of the user....especially when it literally would not cost any more to design it "safely".....but of course that would require mark serbu to actually know what he's doing.

But enjoy your cheap 50bmg, ide invest in some life insurance and a good set of safety glasses if you intend to continue shooting it.

I'm ready.

1637250345794.png

The fuck are you even talking about? Not even close to the same scenario. Well designed firearms are specifically designed to fail in a safe as possible manner (relief ports, weaker parts to direct pressure and shrapnel, etc.) because shit like this happens even with high quality ammo. Out of tens of millions of rounds there can be some bad ones. The Serbu rifle simply is not designed this way.

As far as why all these "armchair" engineers don't make firearms... Maybe you should take a look at who's actually responding genius.

Reactions: 1moaoff

Screenshot_20211118-095608_Samsung Internet.jpg

You are some kind of troll or shill.
Fucking go away.

I'm not an engineer, but I bet I could design a better rifle than Serbu

Reactions: Holliday
View attachment 7742989

You are some kind of troll or shill.
Fucking go away.

I'm not an engineer, but I bet I could design a better rifle than Serbu
Dudes a shill of some sort..

Screenshot_20211118-105952.png

I had to turn around and check, just to make sure. Yep, my diploma on the wall says "Engineer."
Next.

You should prob research a little more before choosing what post to reply to….that’s what the “R” in R&D means.

I guess you and serbu missed that day in school

Reactions: DairyDictator

I do find it interesting that you've been a "member" here for 10 years....yet your only post is to come in and defend a proven POS rifle....hmmmmm

Boy...did I hit a raw nerve with you all. Group think is alive and well on here. One posts a comment and the rest of the wagoneers jump in for the ride...telling how different gun forums seem to all evoke the same reaction.

Yes, I did a couple group buys with Serbu...both of which were very successful and well received by those who participated in them. Not to mention the two 50 BMG ammo group buys we did and the optics group buy that followed.

You girls all react the same...

Boy...did I hit a raw nerve with you all. Group think is alive and well on here. One posts a comment and the rest of the wagoneers jump in for the ride...telling how different gun forums seem to all evoke the same reaction.

Yes, I did a couple group buys with Serbu...both of which were very successful and well received by those who participated in them. Not to mention the two 50 BMG ammo group buys we did and the optics group buy that followed.

Soooooooo do you want to change your tune or pick a different song??? Make up your mind!

So do you shills. And the "armchair engineers" stuff....wtf, you personally know the education and certifications of the people throwing shade (well deserved shade, IMO) at Serbu and his POS rifle that's one step above a zip gun.

You should leave. That'll show 'em.
now there is some good advise.

You should leave. That'll show 'em.
Naw,hope he hangs around for a while longer popping off.....nothing I enjoy more, than watching a good ole pee pee stomp in tha "Pit", it's quite entertaining, especially when the park rangers go on the hunt and bring back pictures of houses and cars, ect.......that's when things generally quieted down in a thread....amusing to watch.

Soooooooo do you want to change your tune or pick a different song??? Make up yo

Naw,hope he hangs around for a while longer popping off.....nothing I enjoy more, than watching a good ole pee pee stomp in tha "Pit", it's quite entertaining, especially when the park rangers go on the hunt and bring back pictures of houses and cars, ect.......that's when things generally quieted down in a thread....amusing to watch.
Gang warfare...sounds interesting.

All of you against one of me...Antifa comes to mind.

People who understand real engineering and want to keep their face intact in the event they get a bad round tend to react in the same way but sure, call it "group think."

People who understand real engineering and want to keep their face intact in the event they get a bad round tend to react in the same way but sure, call it "group think."
I understand real engineering. I also understand engineering and building concepts that are out of the box thinking. Its what drives innovation and design. How many new ideas have there been presented in the gun world in the last few years...that have taken off? Lets eliminate the same old ideas and just the new ones. The Laugo arms pistol is one...

edit to add...if there had been other Serbu rifles that had catastrophic failures, as this rifle was built specifically for SLAP rounds, then I would be agreeing with everything you all have posted. One failure does not make a pattern. Nor does it suggest the rifle was the issue.

• Haha
Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Wonder if them 50 cal. come with a Kidd trigger ?

What are you so afraid of?
Nothing I was just telling you not to be surprised when you cross the line in a blaze of sadness.....

Why are you so worried if you don't like it here??? You should report the conduct here as he touched me and I liked it.

I understand real engineering. I also understand engineering and building concepts that are out of the box thinking. Its what drives innovation and design. How many new ideas have there been presented in the gun world in the last few years...that have taken off? Lets eliminate the same old ideas and just the new ones. The Laugo arms pistol is one...

edit to add...if there had been other Serbu rifles that had catastrophic failures, as this rifle was built specifically for SLAP rounds, then I would be agreeing with everything you all have posted. One failure does not make a pattern. Nor does it suggest the rifle was the issue.
There’s nothing wrong with new design and innovation. With regards to the fact that it must be safe from a failure. This guy wasn’t the first and won’t be the last to put a bad round in a gun. Likely this same RN50 if it had it been chambered in 308, which was accidentally loaded with red dot powder by someone not paying attention, would likely result in the same failure. Smaller scale

It’s a shit design. Innovative or not.

This is from a Serbu BFG 50 owner who’s best memory of owning the firearm was the day I sold it

At this point the rifle isn't just a concept or out of the box thinking. It's a product in the market that doesn't fail safely. That's a major failure on Serbu's part.

I don't care that it had a catastrophic failure. I'm not blaming the gun for failure. I'm blaming the gun for pretty much guaranteed injury or death upon failure, and that major problem would have come out in the pressure tests had he actually done any... Firearms technology hasn't changed a whole hell of a lot over the past 50 years or so. You don't get to use innovation or new technology as an excuse when the tech is as old as WWII.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Nothing I was just telling you not to be surprised when you cross the line in a blaze of sadness.....

Why are you so worried if you don't like it here??? You should report the conduct here as he touched me and I liked it.
Do I sound worried? Hardly.

I don't spend a lot of time here...not because I don't like it. I prefer other forums.

Its unfortunate what happened to Scott and that rifle. In reading the various reports that have been promoted as indicators for the failure of the rifle, its difficult for anyone to build a rifle that sustains such dramatic increases in pressure and have the rifle perform in a manner that will result in no injury or loss of life. Since this event happened, I am amazed how many have come forward to recount their own experiences with a gun blowing up on them. If anything, this accident has taught us not to take our safety with guns lightly...and lately there have been many bloggers using all kinds of weapons in situations which tend to escalate the level of crazy, thereby diminishing the level of safety. After all, who wants to see an inflatable raft with 400 lbs of tannerite blow up at 1000 yds, when you can watch it at 100yds? Safety...I am all about it.

At this point the rifle isn't just a concept or out of the box thinking. It's a product in the market that doesn't fail safely. That's a major failure on Serbu's part.

I don't care that it had a catastrophic failure. I'm not blaming the gun for failure. I'm blaming the gun for pretty much guaranteed injury or death upon failure, and that major problem would have come out in the pressure tests had he actually done any... Firearms technology hasn't changed a whole hell of a lot over the past 50 years or so. You don't get to use innovation or new technology as an excuse when the tech is as old as WWII.

How much pressure are we going to allow to build up in a rifle and have it blow up safely? Do you hear what I just wrote?