• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 Bmg Blow up....

So pointing out stupid decisions is cancelling? You must really hate your parents.

You can buy all the cheap crap you desire...just don't expect folks to not point and laugh.
Stupid decision or not...this rifle didn't have any issues until this one specifically built rifle with a very questionable round was put together...that is what I am questioning...and the monkey train that seems to be following that one rifle through this time frame. I know of several well established brands that have had multiple failures in both rifles and pistols...yet the virtue signaling mob mentality here seems to use its leftist tactics on this one event. Do you see the hypocrisy of your actions now?

You guys act like little kids.

Reactions: Long_Action
Stupid decision or not...this rifle didn't have any issues until this one specifically built rifle with a very questionable round was put together...that is what I am questioning...and the monkey train that seems to be following that one rifle through this time frame. I know of several well established brands that have had multiple failures in both rifles and pistols...yet the virtue signaling mob mentality here seems to use its leftist tactics on this one event. Do you see the hypocrisy of your actions now?

Did you just attempt to cancel little kids and why do you hang around? Still have those same high school dreams about being the "cool senior?"

PS: My wife says I act like a 16-year-old..and I contiually prove her right.

Nobody is here exclaiming the awesomeness of those other rifles and pistols that, you say, had issues.

Do you understand that? Or is that beyond your comprehension?

Reactions: EddieNFL
Anyone who is butthurt over this rifle has never ridden a 3 wheeler or owned a liter bike. Same bunch of Karen's ruined the NHRA.... now the cars only run 1000ft and not a 1/4mile. Sky is falling... it's too dangerous. I'm not saying every single person needs to race the Isle of Man, but it wouldn't hurts to grow a pair of stones.

Reactions: camocorvette
Wonder how many forums Old Don was Flamed on back in the day?
don-garlits-does-a-wheelie-with-his-top-fuel-dragster-swamp-news-photo-1579207555.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
Butthurt?
Anyone who is butthurt over this rifle has never ridden a 3 wheeler or owned a liter bike. Same bunch of Karen's ruined the NHRA.... now the cars only run 1000ft and not a 1/4mile. Sky is falling... it's too dangerous. I'm not saying every single person needs to race the Isle of Man, but it wouldn't hurts to grow a pair of stones.
That's your take on the discussion?

Rode three-wheelers, played lawn darts and participated in bottle-rocket wars.

Well the fact that you need "a pair of stones" to pull the trigger on a serbu ( because you know you are playing Russian roulette) is a problem. And the fact that you are comparing buying and shooting a serbu to building and driving a dragster that is being pushed to the limits by a professional is also very telling.

Anyone who is butthurt over this rifle has never drunk bleach or stuck their dick in a blender....same bunch of Karen's who got the 737 Max fleet grounded....now Boeing has to actually safety test their planes before packing them full of people....apparently planes falling is "too dangerous"

Grow a set of stones would ya
Gaslight much?

The monkey train didn't disappoint.

This Serbu fanatic has really shown me the light.
I have "stones" but I guess having more or bigger is cool.
So just to be on board with the stones thing I am thinking of a Serbu, perhaps some mil. surp. ammo from a country I have never heard of and fuck it, also a nitro burning funny car.

If you do anything in our current political environment that is remotely dangerous and something bad happens, someone will try to get the sport, event, item, or place banned. I'm 43 years old and have seen nothing but Freedoms and choices removed by people who are butthurt. I remember buying ammo, a bull whip, throwing stars, knives and swords with zero parental supervision when I grew up in the 80's. 50bmg can be had for around 2 bux a round if you look hard enough. I have a 50 as well. My take on the rifle is it is perfectly safe with factory loads.

This Serbu fanatic has really shown me the light.
I have "stones" but I guess having more or bigger is cool.
So just to be on board with the stones thing I am thinking of a Serbu, perhaps some mil. surp. ammo from a country I have never heard of and fuck it, also a nitro burning funny car.
If you're gonna do nitro nitro a chainsaw.

Relevant clip comparing nos to not is 22:00.

Hi,

GEEZUS Christ this thread is still going, lolol!!!

All this talk from Serbu themselves of subsequently this, subsequently that, looking into this, assuming that, etc etc.....
That is NOT how engineering works.

Here are the bottom line FACTS; like it or not....

1. Within 5 minutes of Serbu finding out about the catastrophic failure he should have been able to show his independent and insurance company approved Dynamic FAE and Motion analysis that shows EXACTLY what those pressures would have had to be in order to replicate the catastrophic failure. As this should/would have been done, certified and signed off on BEFORE the public release of the very first rifle.

2. Within 5 minutes of Serbu finding out about the catastrophic failure he should have been able to show his alloy certifications...He still hasn't shown them and how long has the event been?

3. Within 5 minutes of Serbu finding out about the catastrophic failure he should have been able to show his heat treatment certifications...He still hasn't shown them and how long has the event been?

4. Within 5 minutes of Serbu finding out about the catastrophic failure he should have been able to show the National welding certification for everyone in his shop that touches the welding machine (And just in case anyone is wondering why that....soon as that welding arc touches any metal the alloy composition changes)...He still hasn't shown them and how long has the event been?

5. The FACT Serbu still cannot show the Dynamic FAE and Motion analysis highlights just how far behind this catastrophic failure events' power curve he really is. That is evident in his numerous post event videos where he attempts to point the finger at everything but his design.
Now we have his shill actually blaming it on the Youtube video creators looking for bigger "wow" factors, lololol.......

So since the Serbu crowd likes to keep guessing....type your guesses to the following:

Guess what pressure needs to be for this event IF the alloy was improperly heat treated.....
Guess what pressure needs to be for this event IF the alloy composition was "shortcutted"....
Guess what pressure needs to be for this event IF Serbu internal quality processes did not monitor the heat from the stoned welding guy....

*Hint....it would not need "over pressured" ammunition to cause the event as it occurred.

Edited To Add: In response to the backlog he has, lolol.....
Well... he is selling the YEETS (YO, Evacuate Everyone To Safety) cannon of the rifle world...

Sincerely,
Theis

Thanks for including this detail...again.

Takes a lot of the emotion out of the discussion.

If you want to be real honest, many are shooting the heck out of these rifles. Rounds for this rifle don't cost anywhere near 5-10 bucks to feed them...another gross exaggeration...unless you are shooting match ammo...and even then its not 10 bucks a round.

I know many who still shoot their 50's from the two buys we did. And none of them have had an issue...imagine that.

Maybe I should offer up an ammo group buy for those of you who are paying more than 3 bucks a round.

Gotta love the fact many more will be putting rounds through these rifles. The design might not be to your liking, but many others have decided it is to theirs. Price points and design...hits on both.

So after reading everything that's been posted in this thread (particularly by THEIS) you don't feel there's ANY chance that the design may have flaws built into it that could lead to catastrophic failure?

"Gotta love the fact many more will be putting rounds through these rifles."

I don't understand this logic. It's like cheering for Ford to bring back the old Pinto because it's an affordable commuter car.

Everyone knows that had they used “military grade” materials in the gun just like Ford does in the F150, this accident wouldn’t have happened.

there is a distinct difference between "doing dangerous things".......and selling the public a poorly designed firearm that poses a unintentional, and unreported danger to the user.

lawn darts can be dangerous if used improperly....but would you be in favor of lawn darts that poisoned the users because they used arsenic based paint in the production?

would the company bear no responsibility for the people injured by those poisoned lawn darts?

were not talking about tipping over a 3-wheeler....or throwing a ninja star into your buddies leg....

if Toyota released a car, that because of a design fault, any time it was in an accident, it launched the steering wheel through the drivers chest........would Toyota not bear any responsibility?......would you drive said car?......

you said the rifle is "perfectly safe with factory loads"........what if those "factory loads" are double charged accidentally at the factory?.....how are you going to know its safe or unsafe?....

more importantly, what evidence do you have that the rounds that KB was shooting were not factory loads?......how do you even know the ammo was at fault?....

how can you make that claim, and say for certain that the rifle is "safe".....when the exact cause of the failure is not known with any certainty?

from an engineering/ design perspective, we have a responsibility to create products that do not pose undue harm to the user....regardless of what caused the rifle to fail.....it should "fail safe".

this rifle does not do that.....its cannot, in any understanding of the word, be considered "safe"
Mr. Mcamaron that is a lucid,intelligent, well thought out argument...
Serbu owner "Over ruled..."

there is a distinct difference between "doing dangerous things".......and selling the public a poorly designed firearm that poses a unintentional, and unreported danger to the user.

lawn darts can be dangerous if used improperly....but would you be in favor of lawn darts that poisoned the users because they used arsenic based paint in the production?

would the company bear no responsibility for the people injured by those poisoned lawn darts?

were not talking about tipping over a 3-wheeler....or throwing a ninja star into your buddies leg....

if Toyota released a car, that because of a design fault, any time it was in an accident, it launched the steering wheel through the drivers chest........would Toyota not bear any responsibility?......would you drive said car?......

you said the rifle is "perfectly safe with factory loads"........what if those "factory loads" are double charged accidentally at the factory?.....how are you going to know its safe or unsafe?....

more importantly, what evidence do you have that the rounds that KB was shooting were not factory loads?......how do you even know the ammo was at fault?....

how can you make that claim, and say for certain that the rifle is "safe".....when the exact cause of the failure is not known with any certainty?

from an engineering/ design perspective, we have a responsibility to create products that do not pose undue harm to the user....regardless of what caused the rifle to fail.....it should "fail safe".

this rifle does not do that.....its cannot, in any understanding of the word, be considered "safe"
Double charge any rifle and tell me how it works out for you. I've seen what a double charge does to 45acp on a dan Wesson 45acp 1911, and the shooter was lucky not to lose a finger and an eye. Have fun with your Government control, because lawn darts are too risky to sell to the general public. You guys are the reason why I have to show ID to buy cough syrup and tide pods.....

This pretty neatly sums up everything.

Double charge any rifle and tell me how it works out for you. I've seen what a double charge does to 45acp on a dan Wesson 45acp 1911, and the shooter was lucky not to lose a finger and an eye. Have fun with your Government control, because lawn darts are too risky to sell to the general public. You guys are the reason why I have to show ID to buy cough syrup and tide pods.....
Well the first issue you are going to run into is case capacity preventing a double charge for rifle rounds.
If only someone out there overloaded a .338 with pistol powder and fired it in a DTA.
If only there was a thread on here where the first post states something like "Stage 2 pressure testing had increased pressures to approximately 152,000 PSI pressures without catastrophic receiver failure."
Lol.

This pretty neatly sums up everything.

Well the first issue you are going to run into is case capacity preventing a double charge for rifle rounds.
If only someone out there overloaded a .338 with pistol powder and fired it in a DTA.
If only there was a thread on here where the first post states something like "Stage 2 pressure testing had increased pressures to approximately 152,000 PSI pressures without catastrophic receiver failure."
Lol.
That second one later said FEA shows its good to 240000. They also changed materials to make it better than that 152000.

Later on in the same thread software said a 338LM with 300gr Scenars with 70gr (Case cannot even take that amount of fill) of Bullseye tops out at 170000.

That second one later said FEA shows its good to 240000. They also changed materials to make it better than that 152000.

Later on in the same thread software said a 338LM with 300gr Scenars with 70gr (Case cannot even take that amount of fill) of Bullseye tops out at 170000.
Yea I thought they were above 200k for sure but couldn’t find it in a quick search.

It’s almost like there are really competent people out there designing firearms who don’t seem to think a catastrophic failure almost killing someone is acceptable.

I watched an shooter launch an AR barrel downrange. Consensus was he used pistol powder. Upper receiver was destroyed. Still has all 10 digits and no extra holes in his head or torso. It's almost as if it were designed to fail in just that fashion.

The Savage 10mlii comes to mind. That was a muzzle loader designed for smokeless powders. Savage pulled it because so many people were double charging and having kabooms. The couple I saw posted about all failed in the same way. The barrel split and looked like a banana peel. If your hand was in the vicinity, like on the fore end of the muzzle loader, it was a hospital trip. What it didn’t do was launch the bolt back into shooters face.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn

What if this, what if that. The world of what ifs...seems to be your basis for this argument. You also like to pull the argument away from what we know about the ammo, the prior use of the rifle with said ammo and no issues, until that one degenerate round was introduced to the rifle.

All of your conjecture and what ifs amount to nothing but speculation and bias. Read your first posts...to your last. All bias and opinion.

You base your entire weak argument on ONE case. ONE rifle. Lame is all I can come up with.

.....you still don't fucking get it.....and at this point Ive run out of crayons make it any simpler for you....

Enjoy your shit rifle designed by a retard.

Also, learn who the fuck you are talking to if you think anyone here is advocating "govt control"

Why are you so triggered? You attack everyone who just doesn't see it your way. Why is that?

haha son, try sticking around a little longer, maybe youll get to see what happens to the retards who actually "trigger" me lol
That might be fun to see. Is it related to what people have done in some of the more Legendary Threads? I wonder how his tire pressure is doing?

That might be fun to see. Is it related to what people have done in some of the more Legendary Threads? I wonder how his tire pressure is doing?

Yep, one of two things happen when folks get "triggered" around here. They go full on retard until the cat handler lets the ban kitty out the cage......which can be quite the entertainment or the " diggers" get to digging and post some interesting pictures........last time that happened,that I remember, somebody "moved to Montana soon " , guess he was gonna be a dental floss tycoon 😅

Yep, one of two things happen when folks get "triggered" around here. They go full on retard until the cat handler lets the ban kitty out the cage......which can be quite the entertainment or the " diggers" get to digging and post some interesting pictures........last time that happened,that I remember, somebody "moved to Montana soon " , guess he was gonna be a dental floss tycoon 😅
Trust me. I know. I'm the one that started the Legendary Thread.

Reactions: NH4X
Under normal working conditions, I have yet to see a video or read a story about another RN50 having a catastrophic failure. That's where I was throwing out the 3 wheeler reference. Is a 350x more dangerous than a Quadzilla, or a 1000 Polaris Sportman? Polaris had 3x the HP but also has an extra tire so.... KB was pushing the rifle to an extreme, just like all of the items I listed that were banned by the Government. If anyone is at fault for the accident it is KB. KB had zero Idea where the rounds he was shooting were produced or if they were to spec. As for all the people who think Serbu is a "Retard", please post a video link of your machine shop and tell me about all the firearms you have designed and built. I bet your firearms Patents are amazing, and life changing! Serbu isn't my cup of Tea, but I highly doubt that he is "Retarded" or has any learning disability to speak of?

I have a hard time letting kids ride on my acreage or race on my track because too many Dad's are a bunch of Karens. First time a kid gets hurt nowadays, the parents blame wherever the kid was or what they were riding. Good God, it's like the entire population thinks the World is perfect and spending money guarantees their Safety. When you get behind a gun, you put on your big boy pants, and take responsibility for what you are doing. KB or Alec Baldwin.... Doesn't Matter! Had KB been shooting factory rounds, I'd be in his corner..... that's not the case.

I've seen a handful of firearms get destroyed during my lifetime and no 2 failures are alike. Squib rounds, wrong powder, double charge, and a few where the wrong caliber was loaded or improper head space. Split barrels, bulged barrels, frame separation, you name it. Most of the accidents I've seen were due to user error(like 99.9%). This rifle was purpose built to give shooters the chance to own a 50bmg rifle without breaking the bank. Another analogy.... it's like an ultralight plane. Would you call the inventor of Ultralights a "Retard" because a pilot tried to break the 63mph max speed? It helps to have Stones and Brains in life, and you get further ahead when you know when to use one, or the other, or both.

Reactions: renov8
Yeah I do believe ultralights are classified as "experimental" and have a giant sticker exclaiming such on the airframe. And anyone flying them knows the risks and is willing to take them. Does the serbu say experimental on the side and are the buyers aware of such? Most people buying an off the shelf firearm are not doing it to play russian roulette. Anymore stupid analogys?

If you are getting carded for tide pods, then it is the cashier trying to save you from yourself. Blame meth for Sudafed…

Reactions: EddieNFL
haha son, try sticking around a little longer, maybe youll get to see what happens to the retards who actually "trigger" me lol

There you go again...talking about how great your thoughts and opinions are vs. the average monkey here who knows how to clap when told to. Carry on...

Yeah I do believe ultralights are classified as "experimental" and have a giant sticker exclaiming such on the airframe. And anyone flying them knows the risks and is willing to take them. Does the serbu say experimental on the side and are the buyers aware of such? Most people buying an off the shelf firearm are not doing it to play russian roulette. Anymore stupid analogys?

The Serbu rifle isn't experimental. There goes that stupid analogy.