• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 Bmg Blow up....

Oh look what just popped up today, a rifle with a round loaded to 85k psi had a case head separation and the guy that pulled the trigger didn’t almost die because he didn’t buy a piece of shit pipe bomb.

Oh look what just popped up today, a rifle with a round loaded to 85k psi had a case head separation and the guy that pulled the trigger didn’t almost die because he didn’t buy a piece of shit pipe bomb.
Glad to see how the nuke held up even after over 100 ski of pressure.

Pipe bomb vs rifle action designed by an engineer.

Reactions: st1650

Literally came here to post this.

There ARE many ways to build guns....you can either choose to build them well, or cut corners and build them dangerously.....mark serbu chose the latter.

And yes, building them safely IS infact the "best way"

I also don't know why you seem to think "marketplace acceptance" has anything to do with safe effective design....people used to buy water with radium in it because they were told it was safe.....market place acceptance means jack shit.

Also, even if you ignore EVERYTHING else wrong with the design....the fact that serbu designed KBs rifle SPECIFICALLY for SLAP rounds, and included a muzzle brake....even though you are not supposed to shoot SLAP rounds through a brake, speaks to the level of negligence that went into the design.....and no amount of ball fondling on your part can in any way excuse a fault like that.
Show me just one of your designs...I'll wait.

What’s better? To design a gun that blows up and injures its operator, or to not design a gun at all?

Show me just one of your designs...I'll wait.
Ah, the age old "you can't criticize unless you've done the job" defense.

Protecting the inept from criticism for decades.

At least nothing I've built has nearly killed anyone through negligent design...unlike mark serbu....

It's a crappy design, mark knows that it's a crappy design and was warned about the potential dangers of specifically lacking gas ports.

Not when you’re a hypocrite. There in lies the beauty.

Reactions: EddieNFL
What’s better? To design a gun that blows up and injures its operator, or to not design a gun at all?

Lets look at how many have been injured from car accidents...yet the design is tried and true. Even though they keep making improvements to the design of the car, people are still dying in them. Nascar, being one of the greatest contributors to safety in car design, many of which make it into the general design of cars for sale commercially, still has its fair share of accidents. Rarely do they result in death, but in the past their have been some.

Here we are, so many car deaths later...and yet people continue to drive them. We must have a taste for blood or living on the wild side of things...ohhh my.

Remind me again how many of these rifles have blown up due to user error...or in your biased case, design?

You lack perspective...

Ah, the age old "you can't criticize unless you've done the job" defense.

Protecting the inept from criticism for decades.

At least nothing I've built has nearly killed anyone through negligent design...unlike mark serbu....
Just as I thought...nothing.

You can criticize all you want...and you have. Yet you still haven't put out anything, worthwhile, to sell. Keyboard commando describes you to a T.

Pointing out the obvious seems to go over your head...or maybe its because you lack the same perspective. I am starting to think you just like to complain...about everyone else and their designs, yet you haven't the ganas to put one out yourself.

Just as I thought...nothing.

You can criticize all you want...and you have. Yet you still haven't put out anything, worthwhile, to sell. Keyboard commando describes you to a T.

Pointing out the obvious seems to go over your head...or maybe its because you lack the same perspective. I am starting to think you just like to complain...about everyone else and their designs, yet you haven't the ganas to put one out yourself.
Where's your design troll?

Lets look at how many have been injured from car accidents...yet the design is tried and true. Even though they keep making improvements to the design of the car, people are still dying in them. Nascar, being one of the greatest contributors to safety in car design, many of which make it into the general design of cars for sale commercially, still has its fair share of accidents. Rarely do they result in death, but in the past their have been some.

Here we are, so many car deaths later...and yet people continue to drive them. We must have a taste for blood or living on the wild side of things...ohhh my.

Remind me again how many of these rifles have blown up due to user error...or in your biased case, design?

You lack perspective...
Car manufacturers are held liable for faulty and unsafe designs. Changes are made to make cars safer. Great example that works against you.

Mark keeps selling pipe bombs with no change in design to increase safety, and needs to be held liable for his negligent designs

You lack perspective...
When was the last safety revision on this pipe bomb?
Please keep shooting your zip gun, and do it all on camera.

Reactions: Yasherka
Renov8 type ._._.01 if you are being held in the basement of Serbu HQ against your will.
We can send in a Hide strike force, with Choid at the head of the spear to liberate you.

You lack perspective...
Right when we think that you couldn’t be any dumber, BAM you go and post this.

Car manufacturers are held liable for faulty and unsafe designs. Changes are made to make cars safer. Great example that works against you.

Mark keeps selling pipe bombs with no change in design to increase safety, and needs to be held liable for his negligent designs
When was the last time a car manufacturer was held accountable...Ford Pinto?

Cars are by design supposed to be safe...yet 50k die in them every year.

Clue...less.

Remind me again how many rifles have blown up...not including the one with user error? hysterical...

Clue...less.

Remind me again how many rifles have blown up...not including the one with user error? hysterical...
Go make a car today that puts the steering wheel through your chest, doesn’t use saftey glass, put the gas tank next to a catalytic converter at the rear of a car, design zero cumple zones, and tell me how well your fair in court. That is your RN50

Clue...less

when was the last time a cars design failure caused a death?

death in a car =/= death caused by the cars negligent design

your arguments make 0 sense....you are grasping at straws now...and its readily apparent to everyone here.
And I’ll humor you, one I know of as my vehicle had the recall was the Toyota floor mats. Paid out millions due to deaths.

Reactions: Tokay444

Clue...less.

Car companies have been held liable on a regular basis in court - not to mention every single time an informed consumer makes a purchase - and as a direct result every car sold new in the US far exceeds federal safety standards by a margin that your brain cannot possible comprehend. (It'd be like asking your housecat to explain quantum superposition.)

We (that would be the engineering community to which myself myself and many others in this thread belong) strive to achieve "intrinsically safe" products wherever possible, but it's well understood - maybe not by you since you keep bringing up (incorrect) yearly auto death stats - that this cannot be practically achieved in most products. So we then work to achieve "reasonable risk" via the principles of functional safety. The numbers that constitute reasonably safe vary by application; the automotive electronics modules I help design are generally allowed to violate the strictest safety goals no more frequently than once per cumulative 1 billion hours of operation. That why cars crash because the operators are morons and not because the brake control module or electric power steering assist systems fail.

Since firearms are not "intrinsically safe" - there is rapid combustion at ~50ksi about two inches from the user's face - we have to incorporate mechanisms to reasonably reduce the risk of injury or death. Even the most cursory attempt to quantify risks via tools like HARA and FMEA would quickly identify the risk posed by overpressure cartridges, and safety mechanisms to mitigate this fault and the resultant failure would be identified and implemented. For most rifle actions, relatively simple vent mechanisms work acceptable well.

If I were a product liability lawyer and wanted to take Mark Serbu to court, I'd ask to see the following:

1) HARA, DFMEA, and PFMEA to show which risks were identified during design and process development
2) CAE and DVP&R to identify what testing was performed and its results
3) Corrective action reports generated through the lifecycle of the product

That's just a starting point, but my guess is that it'd be enough to sink him on the first day.

You probably won't generate a response worthy of any additional time and effort, so I wish you luck in further salting this discussion so it doesn't further hinder your efforts in distributing questionable products.

Last edited:
And I’ll humor you, one I know of as my vehicle had the recall was the Toyota floor mats. Paid out millions due to deaths.
And it wasn't even their fault. People were doubling up on floor mats. That was the only way they could recreate the runaway throttle issue in the lab, so now they have huge declaimers in their manuals, stickers on the widows, stickers on the mats, and the salesman emphasizes not t do it at point of delivery.

And it wasn't even their fault. People were doubling up on floor mats. That was the only way they could recreate the runaway throttle issue in the lab, so now they have huge declaimers in their manuals, stickers on the widows, stickers on the mats, and the salesman emphasizes not t do it at point of delivery.

The single biggest problem with Toyota unintended acceleration events was pedal misapplication, as confirmed by event data recorder (EDR) data when available (not all Toyota vehicles had such a feature at that time). Basically, if data shows the throttle going towards WOT with no application of the brake pedal, it becomes very difficult to blame anyone but the driver.

This issue is well-known within the industry, and is one of the primary reasons that the brake and throttle pedal are spaced such that it is difficult to perform "heal-and-toe" shifts in modern cars. By the time that the spacing and "step over" heights are established to minimize pedal misapplication, it takes Bozo-sized shoes to blip the throttle while braking.

Relevance to this thread? It shows the level of detailed thinking that goes into producing safe products. Pipebombs don't require this level of foresight.

The single biggest problem with Toyota unintended acceleration events was pedal misapplication, as confirmed by event data recorder (EDR) data when available (not all Toyota vehicles had such a feature at that time). Basically, if data shows the throttle going towards WOT with no application of the brake pedal, it becomes very difficult to blame anyone but the driver.

This issue is well-known within the industry, and is one of the primary reasons that the brake and throttle pedal are spaced such that it is difficult to perform "heal-and-toe" shifts in modern cars. By the time that the spacing and "step over" heights are established to minimize pedal misapplication, it takes Bozo-sized shoes to blip the throttle while braking.

Relevance to this thread? It shows the level of detailed thinking that goes into producing safe products. Pipebombs don't require this level of foresight.
And that's exactly why I got one of these...

I can't believe bozo renov is still arguing this... Mark knew of the issue, was told of the issue and told that it's not a matter of if but when…. he did nothing to fix it.

Honestly this has turned into one of the dumbest threads I’ve seen on here in a long while. Mainly because of one person who has too big of a vested interest in a shit product and refuses to admit as such.

I’m still flabbergasted that KB hasn’t sued MS into the ground. I know I and lots here for sure would have. Guy is an absolute dunce and needs to be held accountable for his almost deliberate negligence.

Anyone who cannot see this is a delusional and has just fallen in line with social media circle jerk of MS. If KB had A single time said anything negative about MS or the gun the social media reaction would be 180. People cannot think for themselves.

Reactions: E. Bryant
And that's exactly why I got one of these...

I don't know what you're talking about

PXL_20211217_123520107.jpg

Disclaimer: For off-road use only, blah blah blah

Go make a car today that puts the steering wheel through your chest, doesn’t use saftey glass, put the gas tank next to a catalytic converter at the rear of a car, design zero cumple zones, and tell me how well your fair in court. That is your RN50

Clue...less
And yet with all of these changes and IMPROVEMENTS in cars today we still have over 40k deaths per year...imagine that.

The fact you won't even consider my point just goes to show how stupid you all are when you double down on your bias. Have at it...I could care less. But pointing it out as much as I have had to, surprised more of you don't get it...or should I say refuse to get it.

Sometimes you can't fix stupid. People learn through one of two ways...school of hard knocks...or they listen.

when was the last time a cars design failure caused a death?

death in a car =/= death caused by the cars negligent design

your arguments make 0 sense....you are grasping at straws now...and its readily apparent to everyone here.

TESLA

I will say it again...Clue...less

Brandon Herrera shot a 50BMG cartridge through a 12 gauge AK and it held up better than that piece if shit Serbu.
Sure, but the case obdurated to the size of the barrel and most of the powder flew out of the muzzle, unburned...

And yet with all of these changes and IMPROVEMENTS in cars today we still have over 40k deaths per year...imagine that.

The fact you won't even consider my point just goes to show how stupid you all are when you double down on your bias. Have at it...I could care less. But pointing it out as much as I have had to, surprised more of you don't get it...or should I say refuse to get it.
Imagine how many deaths we'd have if as many people with cars had Serbu pipe bombs, and every mile driven was a shot from each one.

Sometimes you can't fix stupid. People learn through one of two ways...school of hard knocks...or they listen.

Kentucky Ballistics learned through the school of hard knocks. Pretty sure that everyone reading this thread who isn't you will fall into the second category.

Imagine how many deaths we'd have if as many people with cars had Serbu pipe bombs, and every mile driven was a shot from each one.

This sounds like the plot of a dystopian sci-fi movie. I'd watch it.

Kentucky Ballistics learned through the school of hard knocks. Pretty sure that everyone reading this thread who isn't you will fall into the second category.
I don’t think that he did. My understanding is that he is still shooting it...

Reactions: Fig
you got to be kidding he’s still blaming the ammunition and not the piece of shit design that will not hold together if a failure happens.

I get the ammunition caused the failure but the rifle ( pipe bomb ) does nothing to protect the shooter.

Reactions: Im2bent
Marks cock must be delicious. All he did was prove the gun won't fail in a safe manner.