• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50 bmg. The endless choices.

Gunner64

Private
Minuteman
May 23, 2020
I like many others am just getting into the world of 50 bmg. I have read numerous articles about which rifle to buy. This one has a better trigger assembly , another has better accuracy, this one has a more of something else. So many different brands its enough to make your head spin. So if you could pick one rifle between 3000 and 5000 that is accurate between 600 and 1000 yards, is durable with a overall trigger assembly what would it be? Thanks for input and help ahead of time.

I went with the Ferret 50 upper receiver because the first option listed was a free left hand bolt with their compliments.
I could have gotten something cheaper but I wanted the left handed bolt.
I plan to check with Timney and see if they can do a 4# skeletonized trigger with a stronger spring in the future.
As to the accuracy I have not fired it yet.
I like the ability to customize the lower just about how ever I want with the ar lower.
I also like the ability to remove it from the lower in case I am traveling through enemy territory.

Last edited:
What do you want to do with it? If you just want to own a .50 for the fun of it I’d get a Barrett M99, probably the best bang for the buck so to speak.

If you intend to even semi-seriously shoot at targets with it, get an AR50a1 or Barrett M99. If you want a .50bmg to throw pyrotechnics and make big boom, safety harbor SHTF50 or the like.

I have 2 and they never get shot. Insane deals because people buy them and realize it's not what they thought.. there great for beaver dams and or snake nests from 100 yds.

Seriously not worth it though unless you want to waste money

B63A1A37-1731-4599-B79C-A1163F6F0B20.jpeg

I’d never get a 50 caliber
Pretty much useless except for showing off.
A 375 or 416 I could certainly put to proper use.
Really? Useless Anti material. Didn’t realize a rifle that can shoot AP, API, MK211, Tracer, Sabot was useless. And let’s face it. Anytime there’s an issue in the field with a caliber other then 50, well let’s just say the 50 bmg comes out to solve it.

Dude, why are you responding to a nearly 3 year old thread? Big zombie fan?

Reactions: The D
Ahh, makes sense. Happens to the best of us. It's just funny sometimes because it feels like I'm watching an old man yelling at a cloud :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: The D
Really? Useless Anti material. Didn’t realize a rifle that can shoot AP, API, MK211, Tracer, Sabot was useless. And let’s face it. Anytime there’s an issue in the field with a caliber other then 50, well let’s just say the 50 bmg comes out to solve it.
I love my 338-Lapua (Barrett MRAD), and would get a 50-BMG if it wasn't against the rules at our local range. All the steel targets are "Max 338" ... so I wouldn't have anywhere to shoot it.

Ahh, makes sense. Happens to the best of us. It's just funny sometimes because it feels like I'm watching an old man yelling at a cloud :ROFLMAO:
Don’t dismiss these feelings. There is a pretty good chance that’s exactly what you’re doing