• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Addiction (Swedemoor)

2 lbs I believe we're Graf and sons and the other 8 from powder valley. They had A LOT when I seen it was in stock. By the time I placed my order they barely had the 8 left. It went FAST.

Anybody have case specifics for reloading the 6.5 addiction? Case min/max trim length? Which headapace Comparator to use?

Bullet and powder combination recommendations or load data?

I HAVE MY ACTION! I've contacted Whidden about dies so I'm calling on the short action 6.5 addiction guys to help me. Whidden wants 3 pieces of fired Brass to make dies from. Not sure why they need the fired brass but if anyone in CONUS has a few pieces they could spare I would greatly appreciate it. I would gladly return it after Whidden returns them to me. It would be great if someone who had PVA barrel their rifle had a few pieces as I will likely use PVA for my barrel. I have all of the other pieces of the puzzle. I just need dies and a barrel.

And for those wondering. I put my Zermatt/Bighorn TL3 short action in the Manners stock with bedded mini-chassis, loaded a magazine with 5 pieces of 6.5x55 brass and it cycled flawlessly.

Also, I tried the brass in my GunWerks GRB short action 260 rem. I couldn't chamber it of course but the bolt had not issue picking up the brass and pulling it out. It is a snug fit but it works great.

I HAVE MY ACTION! I've contacted Whidden about dies so I'm calling on the short action 6.5 addiction guys to help me. Whidden wants 3 pieces of fired Brass to make dies from. Not sure why they need the fired brass but if anyone in CONUS has a few pieces they could spare I would greatly appreciate it. I would gladly return it after Whidden returns them to me. It would be great if someone who had PVA barrel their rifle had a few pieces as I will likely use PVA for my barrel. I have all of the other pieces of the puzzle. I just need dies and a barrel.

And for those wondering. I put my Zermatt/Bighorn TL3 short action in the Manners stock with bedded mini-chassis, loaded a magazine with 5 pieces of 6.5x55 brass and it cycled flawlessly.

Also, I tried the brass in my GunWerks GRB short action 260 rem. I couldn't chamber it of course but the bolt had not issue picking up the brass and pulling it out. It is a snug fit but it works great.
Whidden made the dies that accuracy addiction used to have on hand. They should have all the data they need.

Whidden made the dies that accuracy addiction used to have on hand. They should have all the data they need.
I said the same thing. Their response was as follows

" Thank you for your email and interest. We have made 6.5 addiction dies in the past but we still need you to provide three pieces of fired brass or a copy of your chamber reamer print with brass being preferred. More information about custom dies and an order link can be found on our website."

I sent the chamber reamer print as published online and was told they'd really prefer 3 pieces of brass even with the print. I would prefer to have fired brass too just so there is no issues when I get the dies, they're not exactly cheap, Lol. If push comes to shove I suppose I could always just have a barrel chambered and jam some 6.5x55 lapua ammo and fire form?

I said the same thing. Their response was as follows

" Thank you for your email and interest. We have made 6.5 addiction dies in the past but we still need you to provide three pieces of fired brass or a copy of your chamber reamer print with brass being preferred. More information about custom dies and an order link can be found on our website."

I sent the chamber reamer print as published online and was told they'd really prefer 3 pieces of brass even with the print. I would prefer to have fired brass too just so there is no issues when I get the dies, they're not exactly cheap, Lol. If push comes to shove I suppose I could always just have a barrel chambered and jam some 6.5x55 lapua ammo and fire form?
Shiesters!

DISCLAIMER:

THIS IS NOTHING MORE THAN MY PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS. I AM NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE TRY THIS FOR THEMSELVES. YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL DUE DILLIGENCE AND THE FINAL DECISION, WHETHER OR NOT, TO TRY ANY OF THE CHAMBERINGS COMPARED BELOW. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE AND THIS INFORMATION IS FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.

I am sharing my observations for the sake of Posterity.

Today I was scheming on assembling my newest rifle for which I have 1 action (SHORT ACTION) and will have several different barrels. I want a 6.5 addiction which is based on the 6.5x55 case. The Addiction for those who don't know is designed to use 140gr berger Hybrids in a short action with a COAL of 2.945.

I was curious since I can get pre-fit barrels from Proof, whether or not, I could just have a 6.5 CM reamed to the 6.5 Addiction. In order to figure out if it was possible I found the reamer prints and this led me down a rabbit hole of designing and 3d modeling different cartridges based off of reamer prints.

The findings are as follows:

NO You cannot ream out a 6.5CM to a 6.5 addiction. You can, however, ream a 6.5x47 Lapua chamber to 6.5 Addiction.

-You can also ream 6.5x47 Lapua out to 6.5 BJAI/6.5x55 40* improved and 6.5 GWI.

-You can ream 6.5 CM to 6.5 BJAI/6.5x55 40* improved but NOT 6.5 GWI

-IF you just had to have your 6.5 CM set back and wanted to run 6.5 Addiction you'd have to take a minimum of 0.78" off of the chamber end to run the reamer far enough to clean up the 6.5 CM as the 6.5 CM body has far less taper than the Addiction.

When changing Opacity of each cartridge and overlaying the 6.5x55 swede improved cases I don't see much reason other than MAGAZINE LENGTH and FREEBORE holding one back from loading up to a 140gr bullet in a short action like the 6.5 Addiction Short action does. I've had Berger Hybrids do quite well at even 0.250" jump and have heard people REALLY jumping them, like 0.500" yes, half an inch.

Freebore is as follows:

6.5 Addiction SHORT ACTION 0.010"
6.5 Addiction LONG ACTION 0.120"-0.188"

6.5x55 BJAI 0.188"

6.5x55 GWI 0.191"

In conclusion:

To summarize I would say that if one wanted to magazine feed any of the above 6.5x55 improved cartridges in a short action it appears possible so long as you have a magazine capable of feeding a cartridge with an overall length of 2.945". I personally have ran Berger 156 EOL in my 260 rem built on a Gunwerks GRB short action in MDT magazines without the binder plate at 2.975 and there is still some room... little
but enough: and I haven't had a problem feeding them.

I hope this helps anyone who finds themselves relentlessly searching the internet for answers.

REAMER PRINTS USED:

BJAI- PTG (6.5x55 swed. mauser ack improved)
GWI- PTG (6.5x55 GW imp)
ADDICTION- PTG (6.5 addiction Short action)

Reactions: MTSLW
Fireforming brass the other day. The Lapua 120gr factory ammo shoots great out of my 6.5x55AI.

Attachments

• IMG_6838.jpeg
    IMG_6838.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6839.jpeg
    IMG_6839.jpeg
    889.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6844.jpeg
    IMG_6844.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 41
Anybody have good luck with the Hornady or Nosler brass? I’m tempted to do a long action Addiction or AI but not sure how well my CDG bolt would do with the larger euro rim

After about a year of not having an addiction, I put one back together. I was able to put a remage barrel on a Remington 700 that had the bolt face opened a bit. I had 40 rounds left over from my last barrel and they shot great in the new barrel. I worked up a new hunting load with 127 Barnes LRX at 3025 using VV555. That should work on on about anything from coyote to elk. I have always been pleased at how close the Addiction runs to the 6.5x284. Hopefully I'll get to run my 140 Berger at 2950 match load in a hunter match or two this year as well.

Reactions: MTSLW and nrspence
With a tikka long action, 140 hybrids, 24inch barrel I am running about 2880 with 50.5 grains of H4831sc. This is a very accurate load in my rifle, but was hoping for a little more speed. once it warms up I’m planning on seeing where I find pressure.

With a tikka long action, 140 hybrids, 24inch barrel I am running about 2880 with 50.5 grains of H4831sc. This is a very accurate load in my rifle, but was hoping for a little more speed. once it warms up I’m planning on seeing where I find pressure.
That seems a little slow. I’d think you’d be 50-100fps faster with that kind of load in a 24”.

My 25.5" remage is pushing my 140 hybrid load at 2920, but that was only with 40 rounds down the tube. It started at 2900. After the Barnes load work it has 85 on it. By the time I get to 200 rounds, I expect it to be around 2950. That is where my last 26" barrel ran for most of its accurate life I'm running .7 less of H4831 than you are, but I run short action length 2.945 coal.