• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5 cm on a AX LA chassis?

Anything is possible, its just a matter of cost and effort.

Since the 6.5 CM is based on the .308, it would be easier and cheaper to sell/trade your chassis off and go with a SA.

Just get the AXMC with a short action conversion kit.

That sounds very strange Mchase. I have an AXMC with short action conversion kit. I'm running a 308 barrel but I can't see why they couldn't use the same dimensions and cut a 6.5 CM barrel. I have/had plans in the future to order a 6.5CM barrel for my rifle. Nowadays, I might consider a 6.5 PRS barrel. If it can't be done, I recommend they resolve whatever the problem is.

That sounds very strange Mchase. I have an AXMC with short action conversion kit. I'm running a 308 barrel but I can't see why they couldn't use the same dimensions and cut a 6.5 CM barrel. I have/had plans in the future to order a 6.5CM barrel for my rifle. Nowadays, I might consider a 6.5 PRS barrel. If it can't be done, I recommend they resolve whatever the problem is.

I think I’m going to research a little more. I’m getting varying opinions on this

I just talked to Mile High and he said it can’t be done on this chassis. No worries, I’ll finish the 300 Win Mag, and start planning the new build in 6.5 ?
Perhaps the AXMC magwell adapter can't be used on the chassis is what they meant?

I really just meant buy the AXMC rifle and ditch the chassis, heh.