• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5 confusion

J322

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2012
inside your modem
I just can not seem to grip the 6.5mm Crusader. Regardless of how hard I try, I always seem to end up in a circle with the same info.

If guys/ladies have information on it, I would greatly appreaciate some standard information about this round. [velocity/energy, Beta/Coeffient (if you got it) & drop vaules] From what I understand... it takes the Win 6mm brass to form and no one will likely produce such brass. But are the dies obtainable? Is G.A. the only reamer? As of right now is this round even a feasible option?

I need to decide if I am going with the .260 or the 6.5x47 Lapua. I am not a fan of hot loading overweights so I will most likely go with the .260... but! I have been wondering if I should wait a season to see where the 6.5 Crusader leads us.

Thanks all,

Drew

P.S. This is my first posting so please go easy. As I am no longer a Bravo 4 and just a cynical engineering student in which my skin has greatly weaken in the awesome atmosphere in the US... or whatever

Re: 6.5 confusion

The .260 is easy to reload and good match ammo is available. First I've heard of the 6.5 Crusader.

With the 6.5 heavies it will need a long action.... the case ends up being very similar to a 6.5x284 which has been proven successful for decades... you can pick up the phone and get Lapua brass, dies, a reamer, a smith that has the reamer in hand... load data is simple and proven.... no case forming...

Your lack of grip has validity. Perhaps this will help you understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY

I think you may mean the 6mm Crusader...

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1917980&page=1

BC for 6.5 creedmoor and 260 rem are going to be the same if you use the same bullets. Most are using 139-142gr bullets to get the highest BC and retention of velocity at distance. The difference between the 2 is a wash and comes down to preference.

Hornady loaded 140amax makes the 6.5 creedmoor attractive. Plus it is a little more powder efficient and you can load the bullets long. It feeds well from a magazine and in AR-10 format.

260 rem used to have limited loaded match grade ammo but has good options now. It however has much more brass options than 6.5 cm.

6.5x47 is better suited for the 123gr bullets which is a disadvantage, but has better brass with Lapua.

I went with 6.5cm only because I have bolt and gas guns in the same caliber. I don't always have time to reload, and so I use hornady loaded ammo when I need to. Their ammo prices are low enough that cost of reloading is not a great factor to me vs buying fresh brass, but I still reload for better accuracy and bullet options at further distances.