• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 6.5 creed reamer for 130 prime ammunition

g.ross

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2010
Queen Creek AZ
Looking to order a reamer from JGS ,I’m not a gunsmith just wanting my own reamer for my personal barrels.Looking for any advise on reamer specs , neck size , throating or even a reamer print for prime ammo or the new 130 federal match ammo .
I know I can play it safe by ordering a SAAMI spec reamer just looking for any advise from gunsmiths that have had success with a certain reamer.
Thanks GW

Reactions: OneMoreNoMore
I used a SAAMI spec reamer from JGS On all the ones I’ve built and it has worked excellent. You can always send them a dummy round though and have them make one off of it

The saami spec reamer is really good actually. I don’t know prime ammo or the 130 they use. If you are a loader already, you could pull a prime bullet and take some seating depth measurements to see how far out the bullet is seated at touching dimension in a saami chamber. Then adjust the fb measurement for the prime seating depth, plus jump. Saami freebore is .199”. Below is a link to the ptg saami reamer. Sending a round to jgs so they can measure it is probably easiest though.

http://cdn0.grizzly.com/specsheets/t23212_as.pdf