• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 creedmoor or 338 Lapua?

You must care at least a little, otherwise you wouldn't have to get the last word in.
I might take a cue from @seansmd and follow you, just for entertainment purposes and to make sure I never miss a proclamation of engineering prowess.
Yes, please bask in my awesomeness. If you are lucky, some will rub off on you.

2019-10-13-21-46-01.jpg

I don't want any part of your current pissing match, but s&b 338lm 250grain match shoots sub 1/2 moa for me.

Please carry on with the aforementioned pissing match

Thanks
We all had healthy streams going when you walked in. Regardless of your desire, you're not leaving without some piss on your shoes...

Let's see your 6x5...

The funny thing is I firmly live in the echo chamber between @joelinux ears, and the real funny part is I do not think I have ever offered him any advice other than STFU and listen to what folks are telling him. Then not being able to believe someone could be that smart and stupid at the same time he had to be a troll. It is now clear his arrogance and obsession with being right regardless of overwheming dissent and facts makes him a must watch.

He currently owns one of the EPIC threads up there with Buddy and Paparock, and he keeps delivering dumpster fires! The fact that I can watch, let alone be his nemesis is pure gold.

Thanks Joe, you have made a flight to London a hoot!

Last edited:
And there ar lots of central CA shooters here who will see you, it won't be hard to identify you, the size of your head, the ammo, the constant debating, and the "im an engineer" every other word would be easy tells.

Latest example, your post and boast of this picture and your 19 of 20 shot @900y,
1571010040703.png

Everyone knows the RPR in 6.5CM is a sub MOA gun, and most capable of 0.5MOA. Yet when pointed out the vertical dispersion from your pic was not good, did you listen or argue? The vertical should be inside 10inches for sure, and the horizontal depends on the wind at these distances.

So we have a capable gun, and as pointed out either ammo or shooter issues, might be both. But argue on.

The funny thing is I firmly live in the echo chamber between @joelinux ears,
You do? Thanks for the heads-up. I think you can be knocked out with a round of antibiotics.
and the real funny part is I do not think I have ever offered him any advice other than STFU and listen to what folks are telling him.
Demonstrably false. And have you thought that perhaps you are the problem?
Thanks Joe, you have made a flight to London a hoot!
Can you just stay there?
And there ar lots of central CA shooters here who will see you, it won't be hard to identify you, the size of your head, the ammo, the constant debating, and the "im an engineer" every other word would be easy tells.
As I've said in previous threads, I'm actually quite sociable in person. It's you that has built up this strawman image of me. I simply play into it because it's fun.
Latest example, your post and boast of this picture and your 19 of 20 shot @900y,

Everyone knows the RPR in 6.5CM is a sub MOA gun, and most capable of 0.5MOA. Yet when pointed out the vertical dispersion from your pic was not good, did you listen or argue? The vertical should be inside 10inches for sure, and the horizontal depends on the wind at these distances.

So we have a capable gun, and as pointed out either ammo or shooter issues, might be both. But argue on.
And I said something like, "yeah, for three shootings out, I don't think I'm good enough for the problem to be that the equipment is holding me back. It's definitely me. If the ammo was at fault, or not as precise, I would have thought we'd see it in the horizontal as well."

I know you want to think ill of me, but, please. You are in the land that invented the English language. I'm sure someone can help you learn how to read. It would make all this go by so much easier. They can even teach you to sound out the big words.
As an engineer, I personally find almost all other engineers insufferable. However I'm looking at getting out of the trade.

What a dumpster fire of a thread this is.
Sounds like you aren't good enough to be in the field, so you are calling the grapes sour.

Probably a good career choice for you.

I predict an MBA, and lots of buzzwords in your future. Start with Synergy. Management loves Synergy.
6x5... what?

What side am I on in this bitch fight?
And who are players?

This thread seems to have seriously derailed... oh look, a shiny nickel.
Where were we again?
Oh no @BadQ ....you showed that you aren't familiar with something. That means the "experts" in here are going to hammer you and ridicule you for even think you are a long range shooter.

patiently waiting for you to meet the fate of garandman
If people were patient, and didn't just ridicule me out of hand, I wouldn't return fire. When it comes to online interactions, I return like for like.

If people were patient, and didn't just ridicule me out of hand, I wouldn't return fire. When it comes to online interactions, I return like for like.
i think most would agree the patience with you ended about the first thread you started when you got dozens of people with sound advice and you just spouted off nonsense.

you're the dude who asks about shit he already bought or ideas he has just to get affirmation they made a good choice and then gets completely defensive when the vast majority says your idea sucks.

did you happen to design the Lava B5?

• Love
Reactions: Rthur and seansmd
i think most would agree the patience with you ended about the first thread you started when you got dozens of people with sound advice and you just spouted off nonsense.

you're the dude who asks about shit he already bought or ideas he has just to get affirmation they made a good choice and then gets completely defensive when the vast majority says your idea sucks.

did you happen to design the Lava B5?
Quite the opposite. All the threads I've started have been for stuff I haven't bought yet.

Based on the people answering earnestly, I made my purchases.

I had to screen through a lot of BS and screaming that "I must be a troll" in order to get the good nuggets of information.

As I told @seansmd earlier, this has been my history on this forum:

I asked about going straight into .375CT or .416B. I was dissuaded. Final result? Got an RPR 6.5CM.
I asked about a scope that will be good for 6.5CM, but also good when I eventually DO switch to .375CT/416CM. Was recommended to get a Nightforce ATACR F1.
I asked about whether MOA or MIL was more popular currently. It came out that MIL was.
Asked about reticle. Was recommended to get a MIL-XT. Got MIL-XT.
Asked about rear bags. Was informed about Armaggedon Gear's "Game Changer", which is what I ended up going with.
Asked about a shooting mat. Was given good information that informed me on my eventual choice.
Asked about Bipod. After listening to all the points for and against, went with Atlas.
Asked about case. Got recommendations, then made a choice based on the information in the thread.
Asked about boresnake vs. Rod. Got information and made a choice.

This thread is a classic example of the seasoned people ridiculing the n00b for not being on their level. @Studio3 asked a series of very earnest questions, and everybody provided good insight as to his choices until @goosed decided to be an ass in post #18 and, when asked about a good STARTING rifle, and given a total budget of $4-5k, told him to go purchase a $5700 rifle. Clearly, out of scope for what @Studio3 asked for. in Post #19, @Studio3 quite respectfully states that, as far as starting rifles go, that one is out of budget for him.

The sh*t-show starts on post #23, when @forrestgump01 takes his desire to get a gas piston, but also perhaps a bolt gun, as license to ridicule him for not having made up his mind, or insinuating that he wants both. @AIAW dogpiles on in post #24, and then it's "make fun of the newbie" time.

You can't have it both ways. Don't pretend this site is in any way n00b friendly if this is the way you treat people who come in here without completely understanding things.

My post was actually serious until the last period right before the image! After that it got a little goofy in this ragged out mess.

This place, despite the owners of these epic threads beliefs, is very friendly to noobs. No so much for arrogance and unwillingness to listen, or refusing to read before asking the same question that was asked twice already that week or day.

As a noob myself, I was welcomed and treated well.
Somehow you slipped thru the cracks. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: seansmd
thx For the add to the forum and being new I’m looking around for the appropriate location to ask my question but couldn’t find a specific spot so here I am.
I am an avid shooter, not a weekend warrior nor do I shoot long gun on a regular basis but I want to build one now to just go out and have fun with, no competition, no hunting, just a good no recoil to low recoil quality firearm. I am really interested in putting an atacr NF on one and have the ability to shoot 1200 yds. Now in reality I will probably shoot 200-800 but would like the ability to go out further if I get a wild hair. I’m told 6.5 is the better cheaper option? I’m a guy that will tweak Until I get the lowest MOA. I was looking at the gen 3 Ruger for the money then upgrade as I go? Thoughts and thanks guys. Be gentle it’s my first time. ?

Hey boss, looking passed all of the trolling on here, a couple of builds that I have that actually work and I have tested:

If your looking for a 200-800 yard gun with the option to send a few at 1k, the 6.5 would be a good set up. If your anything like me, eventually you get the urge to go compete and this would make a great PRS cartridge. Great part about this cartridge, there is a lot of brass, load data, and options out there. A set up I run

Manners stock with a factory Model 700 SA
Krueger medium palma barrel
Trigger Tech trigger

For shooting 1k I shoot a 300 WM. Again, its a cartridge with a lot of load data and available options out there. The 300 WM does not kick that bad at all with my muzzle break or suppressor on it. Hope this helps a bit. Manners stocks are obviously a pain to get a hold of, so I've been switching my new builds to AG Composite stocks. A lot faster turn around time.

Reactions: joelinux
Hey boss, looking passed all of the trolling on here, a couple of builds that I have that actually work and I have tested:

If your looking for a 200-800 yard gun with the option to send a few at 1k, the 6.5 would be a good set up. If your anything like me, eventually you get the urge to go compete and this would make a great PRS cartridge. Great part about this cartridge, there is a lot of brass, load data, and options out there. A set up I run

Manners stock with a factory Model 700 SA
Krueger medium palma barrel
Trigger Tech trigger

For shooting 1k I shoot a 300 WM. Again, its a cartridge with a lot of load data and available options out there. The 300 WM does not kick that bad at all with my muzzle break or suppressor on it. Hope this helps a bit. Manners stocks are obviously a pain to get a hold of, so I've been switching my new builds to AG Composite stocks. A lot faster turn around time.
See, this is the kind of post a new person can actually learn from. @seansmd , @goosed , take notes.

which would be great if the OP didnt start smashing shit all over the place after getting the 6.5 answer from SEVERAL people
Re-read the start of this thread slowly. You'll see people started ridiculing him before he started second guessing them. When people suggest something serious in one hand, but then start ridiculing them at the same time, it's hard to know if they are serious with their initial suggestion.

You do start to wonder, "are they suggesting I buy that just to see if I'll actually do it?"

Re-read the start of this thread slowly. You'll see people started ridiculing him before he started second guessing them. When people suggest something serious in one hand, but then start ridiculing them at the same time, it's hard to know if they are serious with their initial suggestion.

You do start to wonder, "are they suggesting I buy that just to see if I'll actually do it?"
When your question is 90% troll from the start...

Quite the opposite. All the threads I've started have been for stuff I haven't bought yet.

Based on the people answering earnestly, I made my purchases.

I had to screen through a lot of BS and screaming that "I must be a troll" in order to get the good nuggets of information.

As I told @seansmd earlier, this has been my history on this forum:

I asked about going straight into .375CT or .416B. I was dissuaded. Final result? Got an RPR 6.5CM.
I asked about a scope that will be good for 6.5CM, but also good when I eventually DO switch to .375CT/416CM. Was recommended to get a Nightforce ATACR F1.
I asked about whether MOA or MIL was more popular currently. It came out that MIL was.
Asked about reticle. Was recommended to get a MIL-XT. Got MIL-XT.
Asked about rear bags. Was informed about Armaggedon Gear's "Game Changer", which is what I ended up going with.
Asked about a shooting mat. Was given good information that informed me on my eventual choice.
Asked about Bipod. After listening to all the points for and against, went with Atlas.
Asked about case. Got recommendations, then made a choice based on the information in the thread.
Asked about boresnake vs. Rod. Got information and made a choice.

This thread is a classic example of the seasoned people ridiculing the n00b for not being on their level. @Studio3 asked a series of very earnest questions, and everybody provided good insight as to his choices until @goosed decided to be an ass in post #18 and, when asked about a good STARTING rifle, and given a total budget of $4-5k, told him to go purchase a $5700 rifle. Clearly, out of scope for what @Studio3 asked for. in Post #19, @Studio3 quite respectfully states that, as far as starting rifles go, that one is out of budget for him.

The sh*t-show starts on post #23, when @forrestgump01 takes his desire to get a gas piston, but also perhaps a bolt gun, as license to ridicule him for not having made up his mind, or insinuating that he wants both. @AIAW dogpiles on in post #24, and then it's "make fun of the newbie" time.

You can't have it both ways. Don't pretend this site is in any way n00b friendly if this is the way you treat people who come in here without completely understanding things.

You are wound tight... maybe a Norwegian basket weaving forum would be better for your health.

Best of luck sugar britches

I've recently shot a savage 110BA in 338 lapua and absolutely fell in love. I'm just not sure I care for the extra weight. Thanks for the thought of the 300 win mag. I'll keep looking around for the right deal. Keep the info and the pictures coming! Thanks again!
PX access in 35 minutes here we go!!

I've recently shot a savage 110BA in 338 lapua and absolutely fell in love. I'm just not sure I care for the extra weight. Thanks for the thought of the 300 win mag. I'll keep looking around for the right deal. Keep the info and the pictures coming! Thanks again!
That extra weight is what makes it easier to shoot.

Reactions: forestpaper200
You are wound tight... maybe a Norwegian basket weaving forum would be better for your health.

Best of luck sugar britches
*shrug* don't care. Picking signal out of noise is what I used to do for a living. (Barker Code FTW!)

There are enough good people on this site that make it worthwhile. Seeing as you obviously don't care if you are one of them, I can just f*ck with you, same as I do with @seansmd , and be on my merry way.

Despite the efforts of people like you, I got a good setup, and I'm learning what I need to.

His birth certificate is an apology letter from quality control at the condom factory.
3dagn1.jpg

FFP. You want the Units to stay the same no matter the zoom level. SFP is mostly for hunters with low scale zooms, from what I've read.
That's not quite how it works. The subtentions of the reticle stadia lines change in value as magnification changes in a SFP scope. The turret click value is constant regardless of magnification or focal plane location.

• Haha
Reactions: forestpaper200
Sounds like you aren't good enough to be in the field, so you are calling the grapes sour.

Probably a good career choice for you.

I predict an MBA, and lots of buzzwords in your future. Start with Synergy. Management loves Synergy.

Haha, very presumptuous and far from the truth.

No, I think MBA's are useless and are a huge fad. The market is oversaturated with people getting MBA's thinking that they can springboard immediately into management once they get that piece of paper. Plenty of people around me doing that, no thank you.

While I make a good 6 figures doing what I do, it's just not a rewarding career anymore. A lot of factors go into that, more than just being surrounded by overconfident engineers that don't have a flying fuck of a clue about what's going with operations.

Not that it's any of your business ;)

While I make a good 6 figures doing what I do, it's just not a rewarding career anymore. A lot of factors go into that, more than just being surrounded by overconfident engineers that don't have a flying fuck of a clue about what's going with operations.
Ah... An operations wonk. Even worse. ;)
You think I care what you shoot?
You are mental.
I don't seek affirmation from the web, nor do I give it.
Affirmation? Psssh. I just need information.
I'm here for entertainment.
I feel you on that one. If I don't get the information I need, that is definitely my fallback. :)

@joelinux You're too easy. I think everyone needs to include their job title for the rest of this thread just for giggles.

Ive always been very open about my shameful job. Maybe one day I can step up to working with concrete, maybe... just maybe.... buddly can be my life mentor. But for now... I'll just keep taking everyone's crap. This week I found both a NF and a TT in our grinder pump... should bought a QF or IOR.

Ive always been very open about my shameful job. Maybe one day I can step up to working with concrete, maybe... just maybe.... buddly can be my life mentor. But for now... I'll just keep taking everyone's crap. This week I found both a NF and a TT in our grinder pump... should bought a QF or IOR.
Keep searching until you find a Vudu

well the .338 lap has quite a kick to it, unless you get a heavy rifle with a good brake, even then it isnt recoil light. So just on recoil alone if I was you Id go with the 6.5 Creed. Depending a .338 Lap is a bit of a harder kicker than .300 WM (depending). I have a 6.5, and to me its a kitten recoil wise.

.338 Lapua is a funny animal; I shoot mine out of a Cadex Kraken (multi caliber) which weighs somewhere in between a shitload and a fuck ton. Recoil. Near zero. If you’re planning to reload, the Lapua is fun to shoot and fun to reload.

P.s. I also shoot 6.5CM, .308 Winchester and .300 Win Mag out of it, I honestly see no difference in felt recoil between all those calibers.
Down the road (after quite a bit of money saved up) Id like to try my hand building a .338 Lap rifle of my own, built into a modular chassis built around a good solid receiver, and a nice heavy 26-28 inch barrel with a good brake. Id have to really study up tho because never tried it before.
Yes I def agree reloading is the way to go with that round.