• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creedmoor - sing bolt action - Savage model 10 - need a muzzle break

Scarlett1013

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2020
Anyone who can give me a couple references on muzzle breaks? Just shot my savage today and the kick on it is horrendous. Someone told me there muzzle break on their 308 was a 64% decrease in recoil. However forgot the name of the manufacturer he purchased from.

Area419 hellfire is the one I use on my 6.5cm. Feels like I’m shooting a BB gun. It’s on the heavy side though with a 26” M24 barreled remy action topped with a Athlon Cronus in a krg bravo chassis.
6.5cm aren’t usually heavy recoil rifles. Yours must be a really light sporter rifle. Isaac Newton was really on to something with his ideas about gravity and inertia. Who woulda thunk 🧐

Last edited:
Area419 hellfire is the one I use on my 6.5cm. Feels like I’m shooting a BB gun. It’s on the heavy side though with a 26” M24 barreled remy action topped with a Athlon Cronus in a krg bravo chassis.
6.5cm aren’t usually heavy recoil rifles. Yours must be a really light sporter rifle. Isaac Newton was really on to something with his ideas about gravity and inertia. Who woulda thunk 🧐

How do I know which one I need for the size? Is that barrel diameter? I assume not because I selected the 6.5

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 4.57.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 4.57.48 PM.png
    524.1 KB · Views: 43
6.5 Creedmoor with horrendous recoil?

My ACR 5.56 Bushmaster. Recoil isn't difficult. My double barrel 12 gauge that holds 16 rounds? Recoil is very reasonable. (spring loaded buttstock) That 6.5 Creedmoor model 10 Ashbury was very rough on recoil. Shoulder still in pain.

That 6.5 Creedmoor model 10 Ashbury was very rough on recoil. Shoulder still in pain.

Something is very wrong. A 6.5 Creedmoor, unless it's extremely light (like sub 6 lbs all up), should leave no one (regardless of physique) in pain.

I have the Bergara break on my HMR. Firing my shooting buddies BMP without, there is a major difference. I'm new to this and the break is my first, but it's very nice. Easy on and easy off if you want to clean the crown.

Something is very wrong. A 6.5 Creedmoor, unless it's extremely light (like sub 6 lbs all up), should leave no one (regardless of physique) in pain.

Dude, I'm asking about muzzle break? Can you answer that? If not please let someone answer the question than troll. Yes, it had an aggressive recoil. You can google the gun. It's made by Savage, model 10 Ashbury, 6.5 CM

Dude, I'm asking about muzzle break? Can you answer that? If not please let someone answer the question than troll. Yes, it had an aggressive recoil. You can google the gun. It's made by Savage, model 10 Ashbury, 6.5 CM

You're either a tiny woman or a fucking pussy if you think the recoil of a heavy 6.5 CM rifle is "aggressive"

I was trying to help by pointing out that something else is going on besides the lack of a brake (I'd start with changing that shit stock they come with) but now you can just fuck yourself.

You're either a tiny woman or a fucking pussy if you think the recoil of a heavy 6.5 CM rifle is "aggressive"

I was trying to help by pointing out that something else is going on besides the lack of a brake (I'd start with changing that shit stock they come with) but now you can just fuck yourself.

What 6.5 CM do you own? Are you just upset being broke and can't afford the gun? You must like to run that mouth of yours. How far are you from Chicago Illinois? You can keyboard your opinion on of MY GUN ... That YOU DONT OWN. However I will guarantee you - you want call me a Pussy to my face with me removing your teeth from your mouth. Want to try me? Send me a DM

Otherwise stop messaging me with your Pussy shit. I'm asking about a muzzle break for my firearm from those who own a likewise gun.

Lol
I knew you’d catch some heat OP
Any of the popular brakes will substantially reduce recoil
Heathen is known be being less blasty to others around you.
Hellfire and lil Bastard will give maximum reduction but are fairly nasty to be around.
Pick what you want and enjoy Your rifle.

Lol
I knew you’d catch some heat OP
Any of the popular brakes will substantially reduce recoil
Heathen is known be being less blasty to others around you.
Hellfire and lil Bastard will give maximum reduction but are fairly nasty to be around.
Pick what you want and enjoy Your rifle.

That question is already answered. I'm asking about threads - see pic.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 4.57.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-11 at 4.57.48 PM.png
    524.1 KB · Views: 25
What 6.5 CM do you own? Are you just upset being broke and can't afford the gun? You must like to run that mouth of yours. How far are you from Chicago Illinois? You can keyboard your opinion on of MY GUN ... That YOU DONT OWN. However I will guarantee you - you want call me a Pussy to my face with me removing your teeth from your mouth. Want to try me? Send me a DM

Otherwise stop messaging me with your Pussy shit. I'm asking about a muzzle break for my firearm from those who own a likewise gun.
LOL Enjoy being the laughingstock

What stock does the ashbury have on it? I find alot of the AR collapsible stocks uncomfortable. For example I had a RRA ar15 with their "tactical entry" stock with battery storage in the corners. Gave the stock a diamond shape which made it uncomfortable when getting good cheek weld. Dumped it for an a2 fixed ans was fine from then on out. Maybe try a different stock.

ETA looked it up, they come with the low end CTR stock, which has a thin I think 1/8 in hard rubber pad, magpul makes a thicker pad for them. Its going to have a different feel than say an H&S or a traditional stock because its light and well designed for an ar15.

TL/DR- Replace your stock instead of a brake. It will make more of a difference.

Last edited:
5/8x24 is the one. If that doesn’t help enough Check out the magpul gen 2 or gen 3 fully adjustable buttstocks.

Last edited:
What stock does the ashbury have on it? I find alot of the AR collapsible stocks uncomfortable. For example I had a RRA ar15 with their "tactical entry" stock with battery storage in the corners. Gave the stock a diamond shape which made it uncomfortable when getting good cheek weld. Dumped it for an a2 fixed ans was fine from then on out. Maybe try a different stock.

ETA looked it up, they come with the low end CTR stock, which has a thin I think 1/8 in hard rubber pad, magpul makes a thicker pad for them. Its going to have a different feel than say an H&S or a traditional stock because its light and well designed for an ar15.

TL/DR- Replace your stock instead of a brake. It will make more of a difference.

I got the 5/8 x 24 thread. I purchased the area419. I think I need to update the stock but want to check out the muzzle break first. First time shooting the gun and I had intuition about not having a muzzle break on that bore. Sure enough that gun gave me a sore shoulder.

So far its a sweet set up. Vortex scope, bipod adjustable. Got a level on and the dial. Need to shoot a few more times to find out what buttstock is most comfortable with the gun. That 6.5 CM is one fast bullet. 200 yards it hit before I could find out with my own eyes.

Reactions: jcmullis2
I got the 5/8 x 24 thread. I purchased the area419. I think I need to update the stock but want to check out the muzzle break first. First time shooting the gun and I had intuition about not having a muzzle break on that bore. Sure enough that gun gave me a sore shoulder.

So far its a sweet set up. Vortex scope, bipod adjustable. Got a level on and the dial. Need to shoot a few more times to find out what buttstock is most comfortable with the gun. That 6.5 CM is one fast bullet. 200 yards it hit before I could find out with my own eyes.
That buttstock isn’t built for comfort that’s for sure. The 6.5cm is pretty fast but there’s others that make it look like it’s sitting still. I think the muzzle brake will help a bunch and you’ll have some time to shop around for a more comfortable buttstock. I like the magpul fully adjustable but there’s hundreds to choose from. Good luck and happy shooting 👍

The brake won't be an end all cure all. Weight and the pad will help more if anything or a combo at least. 2 of my bolt guns and a 223 SP1. The top bolt rifle is a 308 and the bottom is a 223 check the difference in pad thickness. Your CTR is basically the same as the Ar15 SP1 collapsible stock but with a little sheet of rubber. The CTR works well on a semi auto thanks to all the dampening that occurs as parts move. On a bolt gun its not fun.

ETA to remove additional picture not a bragging thread.

108507241_3184936471562465_4919736480835520927_n.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy being short, broke with girl problems. You're not fooling anyone with your keyboard warrior BS. You're a fucking loser. You & I both know it.

I'd let you ride this but I'm afraid it'd dislocate your shoulder s
Howa 1500.jpg

How do I know which one I need for the size? Is that barrel diameter? I assume not because I selected the 6.5

Assuming there is nothing all that different about your rifle, I'd say get either the 6.5 or the .308 one and then probably the 5/8-24 threading most likely that will fit fine.

You might also look on the exchange here for a used .308 brake with those threads for a great deal.

There is also the Patriot Valley Arms, Jet Blast Muzzle Brake - 5/8"-24

If you are really serious about needing the maximum recoil reduction and don't care about added noise / blast, then there are a couple that do really good at that such as the PRECISION ARMAMENT - AR .308 M4-72 SEVERE-DUTY BRAKE 30 CALIBER
or the Cadex Defense MX1