• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 6.5 Creedmoor Zero

To make sure I am clear: we are discussing a precision rifle zero, a hunting rifle zero, and a battle-sight zero interchangeably?

Because...why?

My ARs with red dots wear a 36 yard zero, and my precision rifles generally have 100 yard zero, I must be doing all this shit wrong!

Unless the optic doesn’t have dialable turrets, a hunting and precision rifle zero are the same. 100yds.

Then dial whatever you want your current “zero” to be or dial in a max point blank.

I’m only interested in a hunting zero for my brand new to me savage axis 6.5 zero at 100yds and as far as that will take me in the deer woods appreciate any help that can be offered

Correct that a25yd zero 1/2” low on bullseye should be close to 100yd zero right am I understanding this rifle correct thanks for any help

Thanks for ur needed reply hope it works
If my zero is little low at 25yds of the bullseye it should be very close to a 100yd zero with the 6.5creedmoor right I’m grouping all shots around 1/2” low of bullseye at 25yds that should be close for a hunting zero at 100yds right I need help with a new caliber and rifle thanks in advance

My god, I have never seen so much inane discussion around a precision rifle’s zero.

100 yards and be done. That’s it. Now go out, shoot it.

Lots of digital necromancers about lately and they all seem to hate using periods and other forms of punctuation.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirthead1
My god, I have never seen so much inane discussion around a precision rifle’s zero.

100 yards and be done. That’s it. Now go out, shoot it.

Lots of digital necromancers about lately and they all seem to hate using periods and other forms of punctuation.
I’m new trying to be sure and that sounds like the easiest way to get it done thanks guess I’m good as I can get with it

Will a 6.5 cm 125gr winchester cartridge be enough to stop a deer at 100 to 150 yds thanks for the help I’ve only shot 150gr in 308 and 180gr in 3006 in last 15yrs

Will a 6.5 cm 125gr winchester cartridge be enough to stop a deer at 100 to 150 yds thanks for the help I’ve only shot 150gr in 308 and 180gr in 3006 in last 15yrs

I find when you shoot something or someone in the heart or head, the bullet doesn’t matter much.

E
I have been playing around on JBM quite a bit, but it's hard to get an exact because of not having the chrono measurements. I plan on hand loading these rounds and want to know exact values for yardage. I get the scope adjustments not matching the reticle measurements, that is always the first thing that I look at when I am looking for a new scope. Thankfully most of them now a days are matching.

On the AR point, that really just got my thought processes going on other calibers. I know where I hunt with my .30-06, I have it zero'd at 25 yards and I don't have to worry about hold over at all because the longest shot I will more than likely have is around 250 yds (and that's really stretching it); the average shot is between 115-165 yds. With my reloads, I can hold on target with a 25 yd zero and my maximum bullet impact ranges in the affected yardages of my hunting lease is roughly +/- 3" at the longest distances. Hunting the whitetail with my point of aim, bullet drop is a non issue at such close ranges.

Thank you for your reply and getting me thinking more about where is a good place to start.
xcu me sir but I’m new to the 6.5 creedmoor I got it zero at 100yds that should be 1” low at 25yds to be zero at 100yds am I reading the math rite on that rifle and cartridge thanks in advance for ur help

E

xcu me sir but I’m new to the 6.5 creedmoor I got it zero at 100yds that should be 1” low at 25yds to be zero at 100yds am I reading the math rite on that rifle and cartridge thanks in advance for ur help
You really need to go learn about exterior ballistics, on your own. You're not understanding even half of what you're being told here because you lack the most basic and fundamental knowledge of bullet trajectory.

Buy a book and read it.

Reactions: spife7980
You can zero your 6.5 CM at 100 yards 2.6" high and effectively be good out to about 280 yards in the boiler room aiming dead center of the deer. You will be 3" point of impact high from point of aim at 135 yards or so. Most deer hunting in GA is between 60 and 120 yards, more likely 70-100.

I set my 6.5CM deer rifle 2" high at 100 yards because I don't see myself firing past 200 yards.

For now, keep it simple. Zero it at 100 yards. If your deer is 200 yards away, hold the middle of the top 1/3 of the deer. You're good to go.

• Wow
Reactions: Snuby642
You really need to go learn about exterior ballistics, on your own. You're not understanding even half of what you're being told here because you lack the most basic and fundamental knowledge of bullet trajectory.

Buy a book and read it.
Sir I’m meaning this only for a hunting zero I don’t have to be right down to the thousands of inches just close enuff to hit and kill a deer from 0 to 150yds then I can do the rest if 1” low is close to a hundred yard zero that’s all I need thanks

It's whatever works for you. Some people have the ability to set Zero based on Stage, Expected Encounter Distance, Dial or Hold over.

My "BASE" zero is 100yards. I know what that bullet is going to do out to 1000 or more....

If I am at a stage where the majority of targets are past 500.... Well, I set my Zero for 500 or right in the center of all the targets and then hold over or under based on that.

I am talking Precision Rifle Only..... Hunting I leave it at 100 and if have to go past 300 yards.. I will probably have a lot more time to dial.

Yes sir I’m in georgia we rarely get a shot that far wer I hunt typically 100yds will get u wer u need to be here I’m shootings new cartridge ms rifle the 6.5creedmoor now just trying to figure it out with little to no range to practice

I was zero at 100shot at bullseye at 25 hit 1” low below the bully think that’s about rite for a hunting zero with a 6.5 or u think I should be closer to center or lower part of the bullseye thanks for ur help this only for deer hunting purposes only

I got to a 100yd range got zeroed at 100 then shot it at 25just to see wer it was it 1”directly below the bullseye did I do right or wrong I clicked a few clicks up I’m now lower part of the bullseye still dead center think that will be good for deer hunting only thanks for any help will it be close enough for deer most shots 100yds or less

You think zeroed at 100yds now hitting lower part of bullseye dead center so if I had to say maybe it’s half inch low at 25yds but zeroed to 100yds

What part of the deer are you trying to shoot????? Have you even shot a deer before? I have never seen anyone obsess like this over their zero for deer hunting. Good grief. You are zeroed at 100. Aim at deer.....shoot deer. Your zero is fine. Stop worrying about it so much. You said you are only shooting out to 100 yards. You can hit a deer anywhere from your muzzle to 150 or so just fine with the zero you have established.

Reactions: CNC-Dude
Problem solved.
LyQd5OfQ86pt6.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
What part of the deer are you trying to shoot????? Have you even shot a deer before? I have never seen anyone obsess like this over their zero for deer hunting. Good grief. You are zeroed at 100. Aim at deer.....shoot deer. Your zero is fine. Stop worrying about it so much. You said you are only shooting out to 100 yards. You can hit a deer anywhere from your muzzle to 150 or so just fine with the zero you have established.
thanks sir I just don’t like to miss and this is a new rifle and cartridge to me from shooting 3006 and 308 over the last 35yrs I’ve just got issues with this new to me combination

thanks sir I just don’t like to miss and this is a new rifle and cartridge to me from shooting 3006 and 308 over the last 35yrs I’ve just got issues with this new to me combination
You'll love it.
Just practice and enjoy.
Find somewhere you can set up targets at variable distances.
You'll be surprised how quickly your brain guesstimates the holdover.
Time on task.

What issues are you having? The trajectory inside 100 yards for all three of them will be virtually identical. Sight it in at 100 yards and you are good.

You'll love it.
Just practice and enjoy.
Find somewhere you can set up targets at variable distances.
You'll be surprised how quickly your brain guesstimates the holdover.
Time on task.
Appreciate it sir I’ll get on it may just forget the 6.5 this season and go with my 308 it’s proven to be zero already I just really wanted to see how the 6.5 would or will do on a deer

Sir I’m meaning this only for a hunting zero I don’t have to be right down to the thousands of inches just close enuff to hit and kill a deer from 0 to 150yds then I can do the rest if 1” low is close to a hundred yard zero that’s all I need thanks
I won't help people who won't help themselves.

What issues are you having? The trajectory inside 100 yards for all three of them will be virtually identical. Sight it in at 100 yards and you are good.
The issue he's having is that he's a fudd with absolutely no understanding of trajectory and wants an answer spoon fed instead of actually learning the rock bottom basics.

Reactions: dirthead1
I won't help people who won't help themselves.
Thanks sir I’m not gonna waste more time with my 6.5 until I get a couple in the freezer will hunt with my already zeroed 308 to get that done I’ll get the 6.5 right at a later time

A 6.5creedmoor hitting zero at 50yds u think should be doing what at 100or more thanks

Don't bother, it's a waste of time.
What u mean sir I love this little gun hit targets great haven’t hit a deer with it yet I’m 54 yrs old shot hundreds of whitetails can’t hit one with this new rifle seeking help

What u mean sir I love this little gun hit targets great haven’t hit a deer with it yet I’m 54 yrs old shot hundreds of whitetails can’t hit one with this new rifle seeking help

I was zero at 100shot at bullseye at 25 hit 1” low below the bully think that’s about rite for a hunting zero with a 6.5 or u think I should be closer to center or lower part of the bullseye thanks for ur help this only for deer hunting purposes only

If you are hitting the bullseye at 100 yds and 1" below bullseye at 25 yds then how are you missing deer under 100 yards?

I shoot a custom AR-10 6.5 Creedmoor, and only use Black Hills 143 Hornady ELD-X.
Velocity of 2750. From Black Hills. Out of an 18 inch barrel it is 2710.
When I decided on Black Hills I called and they sent me a ballistic card that shows all the info I need for MOA adjustments out to 1000 yards with a 100 yard zero. Very easy to use, and I entered the data in my ballistic calculator on my phone.
I have shot their data out to 400 yards and it is very accurate.

If you are hitting the bullseye at 100 yds and 1" below bullseye at 25 yds then how are you missing deer under 100 yards?
What’s the better cartridge for the creedmoor the winchester extreme point 125gr 6.5 or the browning bxr 129gr for killing deer dead fast

I guess ur rite but good shot placement wit bad Bullet just as bad as not hitting a deer in a good spot thanks

No, it absolutely is not the same.

There’s not any modern bullet on the market that won’t kill a deer if you shoot it in the heart or head. In fact, many reputable guide services recommend bullets like the Berger hybrid and hornady eld.

Bullet selection for easy game such as deer is one of the most overrated and overthought things out there.

No, it absolutely is not the same.

There’s not any modern bullet on the market that won’t kill a deer if you shoot it in the heart or head. In fact, many reputable guide services recommend bullets like the Berger hybrid and hornady eld.

Bullet selection for easy game such as deer is one of the most overrated and overthought things out there.
Never heard of that Bullet and if I did prolly wouldn’t use it thanks sir

My point exactly. You don’t have the knowledge required to give an opinion.
I never gave an opinion on anything I’ve only ask for advice but u can block me from ur fone r computer and we both will be much better off have great day kind sir

I never gave an opinion on anything I’ve only ask for advice but u can block me from ur fone r computer and we both will be much better off have great day kind sir

You gave an opinion on using the wrong bullet vs shot placement. Clearly not knowing what you are speaking of.

Further clarifying your lack of knowledge by not knowing two of the most popular bullets on the market for hunting and target shooting.

Read more, post less. This isn’t arf.com or a fudd hunter site. Don’t ask for advice and then give an incorrect reason why you don’t like that advice when given.