• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 6.5 creedmoor

johnnyappleseed

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2011
Cody, Wyoming
i've got the long range bug and i'm fixin' to get a 1000 yard scope

i need a 1000 yard rifle to go with it

i don't think my 25 06 will cut the mustard much past 500 yards

i'm talking hunting deer, antelope, coyotes and probably a bunch of rock targets

i may never take a 1000 yard shot on a game animal but i need something with mild recoil that'll get out that far

looks like the 6.5 creedmoor might get the job done

what do you think?

Re: 6.5 creedmoor

I use my 6.5 religiously in west Texas. Performs great from 25 yds to as far as my mind will allow. I run 140 Bergers and they deal with anything from javelinas to elk. Big open country make the predator hunting more challenging and fun with the 6.5.

I just got a new Savage 10 predator in 6.5CM. Hoping to scope it up and test some loads. Going to try Hornady 129sst. I have a custom 6.5x284 savage. I hope the 6.5CM is as good or better.

Hello sorry I'm new to this forum but I got a few questions to ask. I'm sure u guys are sick of beating a dead horse but their are so many options out their. First off all I'm looking for a good rifle platform to shoot up to 1000 yards out. That I don't have to spend 5 grand for just a rifle. I've been looking at the tried and true seven hundred and other rifles like that ect. Yea i could go with a .308 if I would have to but I was thinking more in the size off a 6mm or a .260 and I know their isn't to much difference between the rounds but I've always been impressed with the 6mm. I've seen it in first hand action and just wondering if any one would have some ideas to steer me in the right direction. Or if any one had better ideas I would love to hear them thank you

Google search 6.5 cm vs 260 vs 6.5x47

hunting past 800 yard on medium game might be slightly pushing it but i have seen it done. with that said anything 6.5 cred or 260 will fit the bill.