• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 PRC bullet options

bgeher

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2019
Western Montana
Like everyone, I can't find 143 grain ELD-X anywhere, or any 0.264 hunting bullets for that matter.

What I do have is an abundance of 129gr Hornady Interlock bullets I received for free when I bough my Hornady press years ago. I can't find any load data for this bullet in 6.5PRC. I'd consider myself between a complete novice and mediocre in regards to reloading knowledge. Would this be a bad idea? The only other option is 140 or 147 ELD-Match, but it's needed for hunting.

I've seen (2nd hand) plenty of success with 143 ELDX on elk, but am curious of the 129 Interlock pack enough punch?

Thanks for any input.

The interlock is an excellent hunting bullet, it’s just not a “long range” bullet.

If you got em and are looking for something to do give it a go!

Reactions: bgeher and db2000
Hornady has load data for 129 interlocks in their 13th edition manual.

Most of the powders will do 3050 Fps and some will do 3200. Plenty of horsepower, bullet has a poor BC but that’s enough speed to make it to 400-500 yards comfortably on elk sized game.

Reactions: bgeher