• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 PRC Defiance XM action and XM BDL Kit

Jzone

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
Anyone build a 6.5 PRC using a Defiance XM action with their XM BDL kit? Any regrets using the BDL kit versus other BDL on the market?

Anyone build a 6.5 PRC using a Defiance XM action with their XM BDL kit? Any regrets using the BDL kit versus other BDL on the market?
What other BDL bottom metal is available that will work with an XM action?

APA was coming out w a XM DBM.

I just received an anTi XM action and their alloy BDL kit. Leaning toward a 7 SAUM instead of PRC, but might go PRC. GAP will get the build, I’ve just gotta decide!

I just received an anTi XM action and their alloy BDL kit. Leaning toward a 7 SAUM instead of PRC, but might go PRC. GAP will get the build, I’ve just gotta decide!

I built on a Fuzion XM w/ Hawkins XM BDL (made for the Fuzion). I have one chambering in 6.5 Creedmoor and another for 7 MAX.

I just got my XM length Tenacity build assembled this evening. I’m using an APA DBM setup.

Only trouble is that the magazines are not seating fully, and contact the bottom of the action prior to achieving the necessary height for the bullets to feed. Angle of the magazine looks good, and there is a fair amount of clearance between the bolt and feed lips.

Hoping to talk with Defiance and MDT next week to move toward sorting this out. Haven’t been able to find anybody else running a DBM setup on an XM yet so I guess I’m guinea pig’n it...

Sweater

Attachments

• 00199E4F-8427-4103-9280-8894DC8F8A12.jpeg
    00199E4F-8427-4103-9280-8894DC8F8A12.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DF12A8D7-DCE4-4728-9264-D60DB89B3283.jpeg
    DF12A8D7-DCE4-4728-9264-D60DB89B3283.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 90
I just got my XM length Tenacity build assembled this evening. I’m using an APA DBM setup.

Only trouble is that the magazines are not seating fully, and contact the bottom of the action prior to achieving the necessary height for the bullets to feed. Angle of the magazine looks good, and there is a fair amount of clearance between the bolt and feed lips.

Hoping to talk with Defiance and MDT next week to move toward sorting this out. Haven’t been able to find anybody else running a DBM setup on an XM yet so I guess I’m guinea pig’n it...

Sweater

This is NOT an issue with MDT or APA.

This is an issue with the Defiance XM Tenacity action for DBM only. I screwed up. We’ve made many of the XM Deviant, Rebel and even some Ruckus actions for DBM over the last couple years with great results. The Tenacity and anTi receivers are machined using different type of machines, so all new programing was needed. I inverted a dimension while creating the computer model for my CAM, then used that same model for the inspection sheet.

We found this problem a couple days ago and are now in the process of tracing the actions. There aren’t many out there, and of course we’ll be taking care of the issue immediately. Please contact Norm or Cody on Monday so they can arrange for pick-up. 406-756-2727 [email protected]

I take personal responsibility for this problem and apologize for the inconvenience. - Glen

This is NOT an issue with MDT or APA.

This is an issue with the Defiance XM Tenacity action for DBM only. I screwed up. We’ve made many of the XM Deviant, Rebel and even some Ruckus actions for DBM over the last couple years with great results. The Tenacity and anTi receivers are machined using different type of machines, so all new programing was needed. I inverted a dimension while creating the computer model for my CAM, then used that same model for the inspection sheet.

We found this problem a couple days ago and are now in the process of tracing the actions. There aren’t many out there, and of course we’ll be taking care of the issue immediately. Please contact Norm or Cody on Monday so they can arrange for pick-up. 406-756-2727 [email protected]

I take personal responsibility for this problem and apologize for the inconvenience. - Glen

Appreciate the incredibly swift response on the topic. I guess I will call Monday and we go from there.

GAP has all the parts, now it’s time to wait!

I picked up a 300 WSM with Rebel XM action and BDL bottom metal (steel not alloy, that sucker is heavy!). It feeds the WSM cases without any hitches So the PRC should be good to go.

Update.

Glen, Cody, and team over at Defiance Machine straightened it out. They got my barreled action onto the floor and had it back on a spaceship to Alabama in a couple hours. TTWoR under 48 hours, no $#!+. Needless to say my next build will be on another Defiance action.

Thanks again and I look forward to the 7mmSAUM/PRC switch barrel setup down the road. (Prefit and Magnum Bolt swap).

Attachments

• CE4D4C9F-D188-4093-B5F7-794A9D1F9F37.jpeg
    CE4D4C9F-D188-4093-B5F7-794A9D1F9F37.jpeg
    362.5 KB · Views: 77