• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5x47 Tikka T3 Whiskey 3 build **UPDATED**

Re: 6.5x47 Tikka T3 Whiskey 3 build is DONE!!! PICS

Impressive,

Anyone actually measured the weight on their W3 stocks bare? I'm curious to see what they actually scale out at.

Impressive shooting and rigs gentlemen!

We list the weight right on our website, fixed is about 4lb 14oz depending on version (T3 vs 700) and additions (rails, etc)
Folder is around 5lb 4oz.
Justin

The Whiskey 3 fixed chassis is about 4 1/2 lbs. IIRC. It is extremely stable and very comfortable to shoot with. One of my favorite features is the thumb shelf on the grip. I do not wrap my thumb around the grip so this provides the perfect (for me at least) orientation for my style of shooting.

Tikka's are often overlooked and considered "cheap" by many. While they are a great price point rifle, they are far from "cheaply" made.
I have owned Surgeon, Remington, BAT, Sako, etc., and the Tikka T3 actions are the smoothest I have every used.

With the growing aftermarket support, I think we will see more and more rifles built using the Tikka actions.
Out of all the actions we have used at Chipley Arms, only ONE needed to have the face of the receiver touched up. So "blueprinting" is not needed.
If you want to use a caliber that uses small rifles primers, the Tikka has the advantage of NOT having to have the firing pin bushed which is common to Remmy actions do to their very...uhh...generous firing pin hole.

The machining on the Tikka's is so consistent that you can pull a barrel off one action and screw it on another and they headspace perfect. Switch barrel Tikka anyone??

All this saves time and money. The Tikka may not be for everyone, but I always like being a bit different, so it works well for me.

Take care,Stan

PS...some pics from the 600 match:

I'm jealous......wish I was launching 6.5mm projectiles on that day! But no......had to build my rifle different and still waiting on parts. Nice shooting Stan in tough conditions.

DV

one thing I have found with tikkas is they seem to shoot a variety of loads very well. they are the least picky rifle I have ever used. one of these days I can going to put a high power load development scope on my 30-06 and do some ladder testing with it. who knows what it will do then.

another secret to tikka is the port style action, just like the 788 was legendary for accuracy, it was also a port style action. its a shame that beretta keeps its foot on the throat of tikka. imagine cheaper more readily available parts like mags and bolt stops. imagine a heavy barrel 6.5-284 or a heavy barrel 8.5 twist 243.

that thing looks great cant wait to build my creedmoor on that action and chassis

Hey all,

I drank the KRG Kool-Aid also. I kind of feel left out though as mine is for the Remmy 700.

I was hell bent for election to get a Badger M2008, but this Tikka thing, has me thinking.

After reading this thread though, I am thinking about picking one up for the Tikka T3, and putting together a 243AI for competitions.

Couple questions I have though,
1. Can the Tikka T3 accept AIAW mags in the KRG?
2. Does the Tikka T3 have the same 60 degree bolt like the TRG?

Thanks

Bolt lift is about 70 deg. I believe....still pretty darn short. Chassis uses AICS mags.

If you decide to go that route, please post up some pictures and a range report.

BgBmBoo,

Do you know if the Tikka action can be cut to accept AIAW mags?

My remmy in the KRG W3 chassis does
a5882da6.jpg

af3b7443.jpg

9e8d9bc4.jpg

b40dcd83.jpg

How much does your entire setup weight?