• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6 BRA reamer

Btmann45

FIRE FOR EFFECT
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2018
Kentucky
Looking to have a 6 BRA reamer made. I shoot prs and im looking to spec. A reamer to run peterson neck turned brass and also factory lapua brass. I will shoot either 105 hybrids or 110 atips through my barrels. Looking for input on brand and specific necks. Im running a .274 neck currently and have done well but I dont shoot alpha so im dont need .274. Also I currently shoot .135 free bore. With the two bullets listed what would you do on the free bore. This is the first time having a reamer done. Thanks

I run a no turn neck on my 6BRA - If you're going to turn necks you can spec based on the final neck thickness you want based on how far you plan to turn them down. My loaded lapua brass necks are right about ,268 right now, if that helps.

If I were going to buy a reamer, It would be a wheeler print, probably ,272 and ,104 freebore. I'm not sure how long a 110 Atip is, but I'm loading 95 Seneca solids at 35k off on a 104 freebore- and still seating above the nk/shoulder junction. The senecas measure 1,315" OAL and ,545" BBTO (SAC 6mm tool) for comparison.

If you want other opinions, probably best to head over to accurateshooter and search there a bit. Those guys know almost everything about 6BRs and BRA.

Edit: 104 FB not 110.

Last edited:
Thank you t-rex I will look it over there. I just am not sure what to do. I shoot prs and want the most accurate reamer I can get for my barrels so I can stick with it. I love the BRA

JGS should stock, or at least be a short lead on, an Alex Wheeler 6BRA#1 reamer. This is his standard reamer that holds a couple records... Its a 268 neck, but IIRC they will do it in a 272 if you want to no turn Lapua brass. I think standard is a 104 FB, which should be plenty, but if you want more, your gunsmith should be able to use a freebore reamer to take it longer.