• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 cm powder and various wonderings

Smokin7s

Lawyer, Astronaut, Pathological Liar
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2020
Oklahoma
I’m about to start reloading for a 6cm (first time to reload for myself) and was wondering what everybody is liking for powder? I’ve heard h4350.

I think I’m going to shoot 105’s smk’s maybe Berger’s any suggestions h

I'm going with lapua brass. Should cci br primers be alright?
I’ve got a rockchucker starter kit found and ordering Redding competition dye set. Case lube and deburring tool, anything else I’m not thinking of or that’s not obvious that I need?

My 6cm is on it's second barrel, with the first barrel being a Bartlein 5R 7.7 twist on a full GAP build. My second barrel is a Brux 4 groove 7.83 twist.

As everyone here state, use a reloading manual as what works for my chamber may not work for yours.

Bartlien Barrel 25"
Case: Alpha Munitions SRP
Powder: 40.4 Gr H4350
Primer: Federal Gold Medal Match SRP
Bullet: James Eazor 106 Gr
Avg 3045FPS

Brux Barrel 25"
Case: Alpha Munitions SRP
Powder: 39.1 Gr H4350
Primer: Federal Gold Medal Match SRP
Bullet: James Eazor 106 Gr
Avg. 3021 FPS

Both barrels with the above loads shoot well under 0.5". First image is 4 shots at 800 yds (Bartlien Barrel) and the second is 5 shots at 100 yds (Brux Barrel). Have not had a chance to take the Brux out to distance.

800 yds.jpg
100 yds.jpg

H4350 and reload or 16 will do. Look into the 115 DTAC bullets. They’re cheaper than the bergers, very consistent, and will be a better match for a saami spec chamber. They also have a very high BC. If you’re going to be shooting small primer brass, it’s better to have a small rifle magnum primer, which has a thicker cup. The BR-4 primer falls into that category. Save yourself 150 bucks and buy a Hornady match die set.