• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

**6 Creedmoor**

I get it but I haven't bothered with it. It doesn't seem to mess with the shots since it shoots in the 1s with no problems if I do my side.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
what about sir how far your jump off land? With the hybrids

That is amazing. Are you using the same load as me?
I gotta get the chrono on this thing soon but I had so much fun with it today that I shot up all my loaded ammo :)

Hornady 6mm creedmoor brass from GAP of course, CCI 250 primers, 42.6gn of h4350, 105gn Hybrids at 2.7300 coal in a accurate ordnance chambered brux 1-7.5 AO varment contour barrel and tac30 action.

After some load development at 100 yards I got out to the 500 yard range with my 6 Creedmoor. Load is 42 gr H4350, FGMM primer, Hornady brass (from GAP), and 105 Hybrid. Barrel is a 26" Bartlien with 1 in 7.5 twist. This thing was shooting under .2" for 3 shots at 100 so I was thinking it was going to be good. My first shot I went with 2.8 mils (no chart or chrono work). It was a bit high to my surprise. I dropped back to 2.3 mils and let shot two fly. Dead center hit. Then I went to the range's 10" plate and shot a five shot group that came in at just over 2". Decided to see what it had to give at 300. Backed down to 1 mil and it was a bit high. Came down .2 and nailed a five shot 1 1/4" at 300 dead center. I ran numbers in JBM and the 2.3 equates to 3100 FPS. The chart showed 1 mil for 300 but my 300 yard plate is at a pretty good down hill angle so I am sure that made the .2 mil difference. Holy cow!!! This 6CM is a real shooter!! Now the question is can it really get to 1000 yards with 7.1 mil elevation? We will soon see. That is less drop than my 300WM shooting the 230 OTM at 2850.

Easy, mine does it in 6.6 mils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hornady 6mm creedmoor brass from GAP of course, CCI 250 primers, 42.6gn of h4350, 105gn Hybrids at 2.7300 coal in a accurate ordnance chambered brux 1-7.5 AO varment contour barrel and tac30 action.

AO chambered mine as well. Great guys!
It's screwed into a Gen I Badger that was originally a 7mm08 by GAP.
Hated to see that thing die but maybe it was a blessing now :)

I'm in bham as well. Actually 4 mins from Brocks Gap so I probably know you but can't put a name with screen name. Lol

Ha I cant shoot and Im ugly as hell but I will sure as hell act like I can shoot :)

Ill be down on H Range today as soon as I wrap up a few things for work this morning. I believe Walt will be joining me down there as well with his 6mm creed..

tynumy9e.jpg
suje7y7e.jpg

Brass back in stock, received 115,000 pieces today.?

1,000 less now... grin

Have Mr. Sinclair to thank, I'm building a GAP 6 Creed...

I sized the first ones and then tested some that I just pulled out of the box, primed and loaded. The ones just out of the box were noticeably tighter to seat the bullet but velocities were with in 10fps compared to the size ones. I tested a 10 shot group with 5 of the sized ones and 5 of the out of the box and shot a 0.281 10 shot group... I'm just priming and going from here on out.

After 700 rounds down mine I'm starting to see velocity bleed off a little. My first shots during load development the temps were in the 30s or 40s. I'm at the range now and see about a 30fps loss and it's 65* out. I'm highly doubting the 3k mark with good velocity and accuracy. Either way another barrel is ordered up and ready to go as soon as I get AO some cash and feel I need another one. I have less than 2 months on this setup so far. Lol. What can I say I love shooting the thing!

After 700 rounds down mine I'm starting to see velocity bleed off a little. My first shots during load development the temps were in the 30s or 40s. I'm at the range now and see about a 30fps loss and it's 65* out. I'm highly doubting the 3k mark with good velocity and accuracy. Either way another barrel is ordered up and ready to go as soon as I get AO some cash and feel I need another one. I have less than 2 months on this setup so far. Lol. What can I say I love shooting the thing!

Hope you're getting a Bartlein this time.

Hope you're getting a Bartlein this time.

I've seen them all do it. Same as Ford vs chevy vs dodge imo. Round count was actually 825. I use my empty beger boxes to tell how many I've shot. I've also had a few long periods of continuous firing like 25 rounds in 90 seconds during a match which I'm sure made the barrel and throat screem a little. Lol. It's doing what it's intended to do and doing it very well. The 308 was pulled back out today and the 6mm creedmoore will only be used in matches from here on out other to verify zero befor I head out to a match.

I need to pull a few loads down and double check the powder load. I chronoed a few yesterday and got about 10fps lower which would be normal and could just be a random lower 5 shots. I tested 0.2gn over my normal load and it was at 3180fps so it shouldn't have any loss. It may be that my chargemaster wasn't calibrated before I load that batch. We shall see this weekend I guess after I load everything up and double check my numbers.

Chrono readings today. These are from my Magnetospeed V2.
42 gr H4350 with FGMM primer and 105 Hybrid at 2.77" COAL measured an average of 3140 FPS with a 13 AD.
These were brass that was just pulled from the pile and no prep done. All rounds but one fell within 26 FPS but I did not edit the printout to reflect one outlier.
Funny thing, I weigh sorted the balance of the cases, took the heaviest group of them, chamfered, deburred flash hole and uniformed primer pockets. Loaded fifteen rounds and fired ten. No better accuracy, average was 4FPS difference and (the number I thought would change) 13 AD.
SO much for all the PITA of match prep. BTW, all data was derived from two ten shot strings.

I run the Cci 250 primers in mine and consistently have loads that I test hit 6fps extreme spread. What ive found is the guns sweet spot is a round running between 3140 and 3160fps for the most part. Sure I had a slower accuracy node around 3005fps but why not use what's available. The others that fall outside of that range caused the groups to open up a little more and the ES went to 20 or above over a 10 shot group. H100v gets me to 3150fps with no problems and has shown better initial results than all the fine tuning with h4350 did. I'm sold on the 2 dollar cheaper per pound and actually in stock powder :)

I run the Cci 250 primers in mine and consistently have loads that I test hit 6fps extreme spread. What ive found is the guns sweet spot is a round running between 3140 and 3160fps for the most part. Sure I had a slower accuracy node around 3005fps but why not use what's available. The others that fall outside of that range caused the groups to open up a little more and the ES went to 20 or above over a 10 shot group. H100v gets me to 3150fps with no problems and has shown better initial results than all the fine tuning with h4350 did. I'm sold on the 2 dollar cheaper per pound and actually in stock powder :)

What spec on your barrel? 236 or 237? I cant find that powder here in hawaii:(

I have no problem getting to 3150 with 41.6grs H4350, same amount of 100V would more than likely give me 40fps more. That being said, just had the last 3lbs of 100V set aside til Monday, will go good with the other pound I got from them. What if it don't work, lawn can always use some good nitrogen, hehe.

If you don't like it then save it for me :)

Deal! But ever since I've been reading about the powder I was sure it would work well, especially with 115DTACs, we shall see come May 3rd when our range opens.

Ok, so I got my 6 creed to the range yesterday and my results were not what I was expecting.
All loads horn brass and berger 105 hybrid.

I started with 41g of h4350 and went to 42.8.

Shot around a 1/3 moa group and really the only one worth using at 41.0 gr. The problem is that it averaged 2875. The rest of the groups were .75 to 1 moa. The 42.8gr group only averaged 3100 fps.

I did not have any pressure signs at all and bolt lift felt the same for all charges. I'm really disappointed that the only group that shot well was so slow. I know some people say that the barrel gets faster as it gets broke in, what kind of increases are we talking about.

I think I am going to go up in charge weight until I get pressure signs just to be thorough.
Anyone have any ideas on what to do next?

Mine likes to be pushed to 3140-3160fps, I had one accuracy node around 3090-3100fps but I didn't want to settle for that.

Ok, so I got my 6 creed to the range yesterday and my results were not what I was expecting.
All loads horn brass and berger 105 hybrid.

I started with 41g of h4350 and went to 42.8.

Shot around a 1/3 moa group and really the only one worth using at 41.0 gr. The problem is that it averaged 2875. The rest of the groups were .75 to 1 moa. The 42.8gr group only averaged 3100 fps.

I did not have any pressure signs at all and bolt lift felt the same for all charges. I'm really disappointed that the only group that shot well was so slow. I know some people say that the barrel gets faster as it gets broke in, what kind of increases are we talking about.

I think I am going to go up in charge weight until I get pressure signs just to be thorough.
Anyone have any ideas on what to do next?
Dont tell me your barrel is krieger 1.7.5 twist with 236

Nope, bartline 26". Everything is like gap does it. The only thing I can think to do is push it till I get pressure signs and see where that leaves me.

Nope, bartline 26". Everything is like gap does it. The only thing I can think to do is push it till I get pressure signs and see where that leaves me.

42.8 should be close to 3200. You will speed up 60-80 fps after about 200-300 rounds.

What was the outside temperature when you shot?

What OAL are they loaded to, IE what is the FB on the reamer?

Yeah all 2.8 everyone with a gun with the gap reamer seemed to suggest 2.8 was the magic depth. How much jump do the 105 hybrids generally like? And could a shorter seating depth increase the velocity to be more in line with what most people are getting?

what chrono were you using aj?

gettin out there early in mornin at or before sun up may keep you from chaseing your tail. dont ask me how i know (;

she'll shoot that powder bullet barrel combo WILL work and i know you can shoot

Last edited:
Giraurd now has the trimmer conversion kit for the 6 Creedmoor I have one in route for those who are getting ready to need to trim you can now pick it up

Yeah all 2.8 everyone with a gun with the gap reamer seemed to suggest 2.8 was the magic depth. How much jump do the 105 hybrids generally like? And could a shorter seating depth increase the velocity to be more in line with what most people are getting?

From my experience the hybrids like about a 0.020-0.030 jump. Anything in that range and mine shoots awesome if its at 3140-3160 or at 3090 for a lower node. I confirmed that with a benchrest buddy who shoots those exclusively in his 6mm builds. One other thing is Ive had about 5 people who are running a 6mm creedmoor from multiple vendors, all mentioned here that are having to chase the lands about every 300-500 rounds. Ive started checking the distance to the lands before every loading which is usually every 150rnds and have had to make seating adjustments about every 2-3 loading sessions. A few guys are having to seat theirs to AI mag length with is crazy long IMO. Mine are still at 2.750-2.760 with plenty of room in the mags.

I finally got the chance to shoot some H100V loads. I am afraid my findings weren't as impressive as Irokcrawl reports.
As background info, my 26" Bart 5R launches 105 Hybrids at 3152 FPS behind a load of 42 grains H4350 lit by FGMM primers. Average Deviation was 13 FPS.
Using 42 grains H100V with all other components the same the Magnetospeed V2 clocked an average of 3099 with an AD of 21.
Using 42.6 grains H100V went to 3166 FPS and AD of 17.
The temp was a slight bit higher and humidity a little lower in this test than when I recorded the H4350 numbers but both powders should be stable enough that it didn't make a huge difference.

I finally got the chance to shoot some H100V loads. I am afraid my findings weren't as impressive as Irokcrawl reports.
As background info, my 26" Bart 5R launches 105 Hybrids at 3152 FPS behind a load of 42 grains H4350 lit by FGMM primers. Average Deviation was 13 FPS.
Using 42 grains H100V with all other components the same the Magnetospeed V2 clocked an average of 3099 with an AD of 21.
Using 42.6 grains H100V went to 3166 FPS and AD of 17.
The temp was a slight bit higher and humidity a little lower in this test than when I recorded the H4350 numbers but both powders should be stable enough that it didn't make a huge difference.

Strange, my results are like idol crawl, I get a lot of velocity!!

George what load are you using with 4350 band what speed are you getting? I am going to do load testing this weekend and it would help as base line data

Thx in advance

OK, does my H4350 load line up with your velocity? Do I have chrono issues? My barrel is 7.5 twist. Should that make any difference in velocity?
Also, I got one round in both groups with H100V that was well outside the others in speed. Not sure where my trouble is.

OK, does my H4350 load line up with your velocity? Do I have chrono issues? My barrel is 7.5 twist. Should that make any difference in velocity?
Also, I got one round in both groups with H100V that was well outside the others in speed. Not sure where my trouble is.

My barrel is 1-7.5 twist and 24". I verified the velocity with the dope as well for the hottest load (3380fps) and it put me at 3.0mils to 720 yards vs 3.4mils I think for my normal 3150fps load. I did notice I was able to go up pretty high before I had any pressure signs with the h100v. Might work up some loads that are a little hotter and see what you get. Either way if your h4350 load is working with a low ES I would stick with it. Mine was fading a little which is why I tried the H100v and now I have that pep back in the round.