• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

**6 Creedmoor**

So I adjusted my seating depths and got better results, Seating at 2.770 COAL for now I think I can do a little better if I tweak it a little more. I'm going to make a modified case to get an accurate measurement off the throat.
I've settled on 42.5 grains of h 4350 for 3130 fps still slower than everyone seems to be getting but its good enough for now.

Last edited:
So I adjusted my seating depths and got better results, Seating at 2.770 COAL for now I think I can do a little better if I tweak it a little more. I'm going to make a modified case to get an accurate measurement off the throat.
I've settled on 42.5 grains of h 4350 for 3130 fps still slower than everyone seems to be getting but its good enough for now.

How many rounds do you have down the barrel so far? You will probably need to keep chasing the throat. I've had to seat mine 0.030 longer now after 1120 rounds. I've started checking it every time I load some up which takes about 30 seconds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

105 Hybrids?

howled007.jpg

1800+ rounds down this barrel(Bartlein#7 1-7.5" 5R), and still using the same BTO....still drilling 105 Hy's at 3100fps.

1800+ rounds down this barrel(Bartlein#7 1-7.5" 5R), and still using the same BTO....still drilling 105 Hy's at 3100fps.

You suck because you have such an awesome area to shoot from. How far have you stretched the 6 creed out to? Ive only had mine to 1200 yards but it did just like I expected it to do and had basically a 100% success rate after actually dialing the correct dope. I was shooting at a 12" circle on a calm almost no wind day though.. Im going to try it at a mile when I get a chance. Ive pushed my 308 to a mile with success so we will see how the 6 creed does way out there. The 3380fps load may come out though :)

I'll be taking delivery of a brand new GA Precision built 6 Creed, one week from today....Built on a Templar V2, and suppressed. Coyotes are going to hate it....grin!

[MENTION=17825]psinclair[/MENTION] has Montana always been suppressor friendly or just recently?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'll be taking delivery of a brand new GA Precision built 6 Creed, one week from today....Built on a Templar V2, and suppressed. Coyotes are going to hate it....grin!

Hopefully I'll be doing the same, Chad is "working" on it, but I know he's so fecking busy with his group Buy. My BR competitors will hopefully hate it.

I really was sad to see the 7MM08 barrel go south on the M2008 action. It made me look good in quite a few matches. But the 6CM barrel that replaced it is starting to grow on me.
Accurate Ordinance did a great job. Now I even have my own reamer. Found a PTG with live pilot and the go/no-go gauges to go with it for cheap.

How much neck tension are you ending up with using the Hornady / GAP sizing die? What are your neck diameter measurements after sizing / before seating & also after seating?

Thinking about going the Whidden bushing die / microseater route to avoid the runout issues mentioned.

How much neck tension are you ending up with using the Hornady / GAP sizing die? What are your neck diameter measurements after sizing / before seating & also after seating?

Thinking about going the Whidden bushing die / microseater route to avoid the runout issues mentioned.

I would suggest that you spend the extra $$ and get the Whidden dies. I have a set in 6 Dasher and really like them.

Thanks for the offer. I just ordered a reamer from midway this morning. Not sure of the specs though. If the freebore is way off for the 105/107's, I may take you up on it. Bo will be chambering it for me. Going with a 7.5 twist Bartlein in the neighborhood of 28-30".

I spent yesterday shooting with Ed Shell down at Central Virginia Tactical. Great day to shoot, lots of wind, good practice with all the fundamentals. Now on to the fun stuff.

I thought my load was going to be below 3000 in my 23" Gap-10. Not so. According to the dope, I was just about 3050 fps with 105gr Hybrids (pointed) over 41.3gr of H4350. Someone (can't remember who) chimed in that he thought I'd be in the 3050 range and he was dead nuts right. That puts me right around 7.3 mils at 1k, and frankly, I have a hard time seeing or hearing hits beyond that, so I'm more than satisfied. The better news is that load is killer accurate, .2s and .3s in my gun if I drive that GAP-10 the way I ought to. I couldn't be happier with this gun/load combo.

That's good to hear your pulling that out of a semi auto. I can't wait to build or buy mine. Try some h100v and I can almost guarantee your velocity will go up with no pressure issues. My verified dope to 1000 at 3158fps is 6.7mils or 6.4mils. I can't recall for some reason but I've had a few cold ones so that may be the reason. I know my wind hold is half of my 308 with the 185gn juggernauts pushed pretty hard.

That's good to hear your pulling that out of a semi auto. I can't wait to build or buy mine. Try some h100v and I can almost guarantee your velocity will go up with no pressure issues. My verified dope to 1000 at 3158fps is 6.7mils or 6.4mils. I can't recall for some reason but I've had a few cold ones so that may be the reason. I know my wind hold is half of my 308 with the 185gn juggernauts pushed pretty hard.

I tell you what, man, when I'm getting 1/3MOA or better out of a gas gun, I'm not changing anything about that load. I'm more than happy with that dope, and those lower pressures just mean a longer barrel life before I have to send it back to GAP for re-barreling. I used to chase the high pressure loads in all my guns. Now I just chase accuracy, and let the velocity fall wherever it may. I'm in the process of loading another 200 rounds so that I've got most of the spring/summer comp season covered. Great cartridge.

I hear ya. I've been loading mine for my practice sessions a good bit less at a much lower velocity accuracy node to try to save the barrel but I love shooting it. I know yours is a gas gun but mine didn't really seem to have a bad load, just 3 that really shined. One was at 3050fps or maybe a little lower, next st 3140-3160fps and then one way on up around 3320fps. 3380fps is the first one I had any noticeable pressure and that was just by measuring the case expansion. No tough bolt lift or anything. That was with the 100v though. With h4350 at 3215fps I saw some pressure signs and stopped there since match max velocity is usually 3150fps or 3200fps so it did me no good and just ate brass up and of course was tougher on the barrel.

Run a load of 42.2 for the next 200 rounds. You should get 3120 when it speeds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm doing load development for a buddy who just picked up his GAP built 6mm creedmoor and velocity is on the low side imo for the powder charges I've tested. How much velocity should we expect it to come up? Mine may have gained 20fps or so. It's taking 43gn to touch 3100fps, 26" barrel (waiting on my buddy to get all the specs for it now) .. Which reamer do you guys use? is it similar to the PT&G 6mm creedmoor reamers? 2.800 was jammed pretty hard into the lands as well which from reading above is what most are saying we the magic number for the GAP builds.. I ran them today for the first ladder test and set them 20-25 thou off the lands which puts me at roughly 2.7650 oal.

**6 Creedmoor**

PTG has 2 or 3 reamers with different freebore. I think GAP uses a 159. PTG also sells a 110 and maybe one more. You have be sure to specify the reamer because I got the 110 on accident.

Just thought id let everybody know that Giraud is now making 6mm Creemoor case holder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41.6 was my pet load with H4350, BUT after I threw my can on I started getting slight pressure signs (cratered, but not flattened primers). Any of you running with a can? If so, anyone had to dial their loads back a bit?

So I was looking back through these and saw this. I feel silly!! After talking with my shooting buddies I realized that I was NOT getting pressure signs(I was being WAAAAYYYY conservative!). So to update, 41.6 gr H4350 is the go-to load for my weapon. I have gone up to 42.2, but didn't see anything spectacular that made me want to change, so I stopped there and stayed in the comfort zone. Just wanted to clear that up. And without further adieu, I figured I'd post pics since I never have!

GAP1_zps2845472f.jpg

GAP4_zps9a47b6ce.jpg

Nice setup. A buddy of mine runs a can sometimes on his and doesn't show any difference as far as the brass is concerned. It does add 0.4mils to his 720 yard dope if I recall compared to running without it.

Yeah, I haven't seen any changes in the brass. I do have a minor poi shift when I throw the can on, but it's still just a tack driver. Thanks to all of you guys for helping me get to where I'm at by posting stuff. It's been really helpful stuff!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

I passed my buddies Gap 6mm creedmoor back over today with load info. His setup took a pretty decent amount of h4350 to get to that magic 3150fps where I've seen 5-6 of these guns really pull the accuracy in at. His 26" bartlein 1-7.7 5r required 43.2gn to hit that accuracy node at exactly 3150fps. H100v only needed 42.4gn to reach basically the same results. Here is the magneto speed data with a 4fos extreme spread

9y3ujete.jpg

Last edited:
I passed my buddies Gap 6mm creedmoor back over today with load info. His setup took a pretty decent amount of h4350 to get to that magic 3150fps where I've seen 5-6 of these guns really pull the accuracy in at. His 26" bartlein 1-7.7 5r required 43.2gn to hit that accuracy node at exactly 3150fps. H100v only needed 42.4gn to reach basically the same results. Here is the magneto speed data with a 4fos extreme spread

9y3ujete.jpg

So this is with 42.4grs H100V, correct?

So this is with 42.4grs H100V, correct?

The speeds in the pic are from the h4350 load but the h100v were similar. The case measurements were normal and primers still had a nice round edge.

Last edited:
yeah, either way, that's a lot of powder for my 6 creed, I get a sticky bolt with 42grs H4350, though that's with 105 Hornadys.

Last edited:
Have you guys messed with imr4350 at all? There's tons of it around my place, but no h4350. Thinking about using some, but won't waste my time if is been tried before to no avail.

Have you guys messed with imr4350 at all? There's tons of it around my place, but no h4350. Thinking about using some, but won't waste my time if is been tried before to no avail.

IMR will work, got me some last month, I'll be breaking in my next 6 Creed with it, then comparing it with h4350, very confident it will do a fine job.

My Whidden dies came in today ... Seated 2 bullets and they both ended up with approx .0007" of runout (brand new out of the box GAP brass). I'm curious to see the results with fire formed, properly sized brass.
u9enaduz.jpg

sa4e6ehe.jpg

u3unaha9.jpg

Has anyone loaded some lighter bullets for their 6 creed? I was thinking of using something along the lines of the 85gr Amax for coyotes, I'm trying to compare drop numbers, but I have no idea what kind of velocity to expect with lighter bullets. From the numbers I have run though it looks like to beat a 105 hybrid at 3130 it would take over 3300 fps from 85 class bullets. Do you guys think it could do faster than 3300 with 85 class pills?

I don't know if this will help, I haven't messed with 85's, But I did zip some 62 gr varmint grenades out at around 3400. And that was a fairly light loading. They stick together and were pretty good out to 500, I didn't try any further than that. I think they had a little more drop than my hybrids just because the BC is so bad with them

Has anyone loaded some lighter bullets for their 6 creed? I was thinking of using something along the lines of the 85gr Amax for coyotes, I'm trying to compare drop numbers, but I have no idea what kind of velocity to expect with lighter bullets. From the numbers I have run though it looks like to beat a 105 hybrid at 3130 it would take over 3300 fps from 85 class bullets. Do you guys think it could do faster than 3300 with 85 class pills?

Since I pulled 3380fps with the 105s with h100v I would say no problem with a lighter bullet.

Any idea what a hybrid at that speed would do to game?

No clue to be honest. I'm sure if you pushed the 105 hunting vlds that fast it would do some damage if it didn't fly apart first. I plan on using it to hunt a few times when hunting season comes back around but would do some research first to make sure it's going to do the job. Shot placement is definitely no issue with the gun on cold bore shots out to 800 yards however most shots taken here on deer are 200 or less, actually probably under a 100 yards for most.

I have shot two 87gr HPBTs thru my 6 Creed(fouling shots) with 42.6grs RE17 but did not chrono them, it was a light load but I'm willing to bet you can easily get 3400 from them. Here they are now.
hX0meE8.jpg

I have a primer question. I am going to load up 100 rounds of 41 of H4350 for my GAP 10 just to get it broke in before dialing in and I don't have any Fed 210's but I do have plenty of Win LR and Rem 9 1/2. What would you go with? I do have some Fed 215's but I don't think i would need that hot of a primer. Trigger is SSA-E.

Thanks

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck with putting a little more neck tension on the brass compared to what you get out if the normal hornady dies? Virgin out of the box with no prep seems to work better in my gun. If your using a bushing die what are you using?

So is the Hybrid 100V in the Extreme line of powders? Looks like it does pretty well if you can't find H4350.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So is the Hybrid 100V in the Extreme line of powders? Looks like it does pretty well if you can't find H4350.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No its not in their exteem lineup but I have not seen much if any changes (maybe 5 fps or so) from shooting it in 20* weather to 85* weather (hottest it's been so far this year) I've completely swapped to h100v in my setup.