• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 GT with 105 / 108's ?

Baddog 0302

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2013
Panhandle of FLA
Deciding a new build, I want something with less case capacity that my present 6CM, regarding the 6 GT, from my research, G&T designed the reamer for 115 D TAC's. From this I'm guessing that 105's th 108's will have a considerable jump when seated where the bullets gas ring * is at or just above the neck / shoulder junction.
So, how do those with 6 GT's chambered rifles handle the 105 th 108's ??
* gas ring = full Cal. of bullet at bullet / boat tail junction

, looks more like .2424, everything, being considered, according to PT&G

Attachments

• doc24446520200714135755(1).pdf
    603.8 KB · Views: 137
I’m pretty sure George said that for the 108 eld, 115 rdf and 115 DTAC, the ideal freebore length is the .170” feeebore reamer. The .120” freebore is the standard reamer

Reactions: Jspeed1440
.1347 includes the .120

The lead is .0147 @ 45 deg. This .0147 long lead goes from .273 to .2436 in diameter @ a 45 deg angle.

.1347 includes the .120

The lead is .0147 @ 45 deg. This .0147 long lead goes from .273 to .2436 in diameter @ a 45 deg angle.
SOooo, you have a GT ? And IF so , what are your loaded rounds OAL ? and there is the top of the boat tail in relationship to the neck / body junction ?

SOooo, you have a GT ? And IF so , what are your loaded rounds OAL ? and there is the top of the boat tail in relationship to the neck / body junction ?

Had several. Don’t have them anymore. I was .020 off and the top of boat tail was just above the neck shoulder.

I don’t have the OAL on me. The FB group mentioned above has all that info.

I’m not on FB, and not going to get on...what dies and magazines are you guys having good luck with? I’ve got one coming in a week or two...JGS reamer with .120 freebore....thanks...gonna load 108 elite hunters in alpha brass

reubenski
THANK YOU, 600 rounds ? How much do you thing you have had to increase OAL from the 1st round ? I've got a Savage in 6 CM, going to rain tomorrow,good time to make a chamber cast.

I’m not on FB, and not going to get on...what dies and magazines are you guys having good luck with? I’ve got one coming in a week or two...JGS reamer with .120 freebore....thanks...gonna load 108 elite hunters in alpha brass
For dies I use a RCBS seater and a Hornady sizer. Until I can find a redding comp seater. all my accurate mags works just fine it seem to get hung up on mdt 10 and 12’s with and without the brace plate. I’d tell you to avoid those. But I’m sure other folks have them and they work fine.

Might want to recheck those AMP codes. I get 142 for Hornady using pilot code 073C and Aztec. George Gardner says 141 for Alpha brass. If you are using Aztec, use pilot code 073C (I think this is a divergence with AMP's suggestions for GT, but it's George's advice).

Maybe you're using a AMP Mk I, in which case the codes may be different. I have no experience there. Just wanted to flag it.