• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm ARC bolt gun for competition?

Yeah a lot of people call it a budget action and in the world of customs it is on the low side for price but not at all for the features. Has features that make it a great choice over even more expensive actions.

I have 100 rounds though my rifle and they feed like butter. Same with extraction and ejection when I run it like in a match. If you slow extract you can get some pops back into the action but it's not an issue when actually "running" the rifle. The MDT mags work great also. When I got them I loaded them with 12 rounds and let them sit for a few days and then loading after that was easy.

I was going to buy some N140 to try with the 110 ATip but seeing the Varget recommendations and also the CFE223, both of which I have, I might try some of them first.
For what it's worth, my gas gun pet loads are primarily with Varget. I'll be very interested to see how fast these same loads run in a bolt with a longer barrel as these are from an 18" Proof:

26.7 gn Varget with 108 ELDM 2545 fps
26.8 gn Varget with 105 Hybrids 2551 fps
29.7 gn Lever with 108 ELDM 2671 fps
30.7 gn xbr8208 with 58 Vmax 3205 fps

Reactions: Rob01
Yeah I don't want to mess with Lever even though people say it does great because it's not temp stable. N140 and Varget are. CFE223 not as much but better than Lever. If I get in the 2750fps area I will be totally happy.

Yeah I don't want to mess with Lever even though people say it does great because it's not temp stable. N140 and Varget are. CFE223 not as much but better than Lever. If I get in the 2750fps area I will be totally happy.
2750 should be doable with Varget and a 28”… 2775 should be

I think I read you or someone else mentioning VV N140/N540 a little while back... and after looking into it, whether for 6ARC or any other 6, I'm going to try some. The way all the data out there that I've found shakes out, it looks like those are Vihtavuori's Varget-alikes...

That said, another one to try is Shooter's World Precision Rifle (AKA Lovex-Varget), especially now that the prices have come back to earth. It's been great in my 6GT, the largest SD number I've seen so far was a 6, and that was the first firing on virgin brass. Since then, and while trying a couple of different charges I pulled out of the air (no ladder/OCW stuff at all), my SDs have been no higher than a 4... the other day I got an SD of 2 over 10 shots and nearly shit lol! Same temp stability as Varget, whether it's cold or hot out, it almost doesn't change. I honestly should just stockpile it while we can.

Gentlemen, can I get a Hell Ya!!
6mm ARC
Zermatt TL3
PROOF 26”
XLR Envy Pro
Trigger Tech Primary
Dead Air Brake
MDT 10 rd mag
I have some CFE 223/Varget loads ready 1/2 grain short of max to try her out tomorrow. We’ll see how she does.
IMG_8104.jpeg

Reactions: Ronws
6mm ARC
Zermatt TL3
PROOF 26”
XLR Envy Pro
Trigger Tech Primary
Dead Air Brake
MDT 10 rd mag
I have some CFE 223/Varget loads ready 1/2 grain short of max to try her out tomorrow. We’ll see how she does.
View attachment 8263693
Cool beans. I can make out Arken Optics but I cannot determine the model.

6mm ARC
Zermatt TL3
PROOF 26”
XLR Envy Pro
Trigger Tech Primary
Dead Air Brake
MDT 10 rd mag
View attachment 8263693
That is a sick build! Are you running bolt pressure loads? Please post results (load data, velocity, accuracy) as I'm considering a near identical build for PRS for an efficient, low recoil 6. Very cool!

That is a sick build! Are you running bolt pressure loads? Please post results (load data, velocity, accuracy) as I'm considering a near identical build for PRS for an efficient, low recoil 6. Very cool!
👍

Here’s some results from the first 100ish rounds down the Proof barrel. Very promising. All rounds were loaded on brass fired thru my AR ARCs so I did have a few rounds chamber tight but that was to be expected. Other than that every round fed well from the MDT magazine. This is my first chasis and I’m loving it 👍
IMG_8124.jpeg
IMG_8118.jpeg
IMG_8111.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the 6ARC for PRS. Granted this is my first season and I'm a shitty enough shooter that it's more about learning than being competitive.

Tried reloading it with 103 eldx's, 107 SMK's, 108 eldm's and 112 match burners. In a stock Savage bbl I haven't been able to get anywhere near Hornady's advertised speeds without hitting pressure signs. I've spent the most time shooting 107 SMK's at 2615 with 27.9gr of LVR and 112 match burners at 2525 with 27gr of LVR.

I have a Rock Creek bbl from PVA on order that I'm really excited to try for both a better rifle balance and hoping something will be different about the chamber and I'll be able to get another 200fps out of it.

All told I'm having fun with it, and the throat is holding up amazingly well for having 1300 rounds through it.

I'm really enjoying the 6ARC for PRS. Granted this is my first season and I'm a shitty enough shooter that it's more about learning than being competitive.

Tried reloading it with 103 eldx's, 107 SMK's, 108 eldm's and 112 match burners. In a stock Savage bbl I haven't been able to get anywhere near Hornady's advertised speeds without hitting pressure signs. I've spent the most time shooting 107 SMK's at 2615 with 27.9gr of LVR and 112 match burners at 2525 with 27gr of LVR.

I have a Rock Creek bbl from PVA on order that I'm really excited to try for both a better rifle balance and hoping something will be different about the chamber and I'll be able to get another 200fps out of it.

All told I'm having fun with it, and the throat is holding up amazingly well for having 1300 rounds through it.

Hello AKM, been playing with the 6ARC on a savage with a PVA Osprey 26" bbl attached is the velocity data with LVR from the Garmin with Barnes match burners 105's. Is just an idea on velocity versus powder charge with LVR on this particular bbl. None of the primers were flattened just a little cratering on the last 2 high loads.

Attachments

• 6mm ARC loads 2024.pdf
    84 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: tehmonker