• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm BR long range bullet

TackDriver2

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2017
In the process of load developments for the 6 BR - 26 inch barrel, for 1000 yards. Currently working on 105 Hybrids and is there another bullet(s) with high BC you folks recommend that will work well at 1000 yards.

In the process of load developments for the 6 BR - 26 inch barrel, for 1000 yards. Currently working on 105 Hybrids and is there another bullet(s) with high BC you folks recommend that will work well at 1000 yards.
109 Hybrids. Are you not liking the 105's? I just started with a new barrel also and have found the 105's and 109's to be very similar.

Last edited:
First question is: What do you have available?
Beyond that, probably what @Cfshooter said. Also 107SMK, 108 Berger, 103 Vapor Trail (hand or machine pulled), maybe 110 A-tips.

I was always told 105 or 109 Hybrids followed by 107SMKs. When they were unobtainable I used some Barnes 105 Match Burners but went back to 105 Hybrids as soon as possible.

Op are you having a load dev issue at 100 or a downrange performance issue at 1,000?

I have tried Hornady 108 ELDM, Lapua 105 Scenar, Berger 105 Hybrid Target, and Barnes 105 Match Burner.

So far, the Berger 105 HT is well ahead of the others for best performance at 1000 yards - best combination of accuracy, BC and velocity at sane pressure in the little 6BR case.

After load development, I plan to only use these for matches or practicing just before a match (barrel and loads were new late last year, no matches with 6BR yet) because they're relatively expensive and can be hard to find.

For practice, I use Barnes 105 Match Burners, which can be had for $0.25 apiece plus tax/shipping. Loaded with CFE223 - which I got cheap pre-pandemic - it's cheaper by almost half than Varget/Berger loads, is plenty accurate and gives me a use for the nasty CFE223 which hasn't worked very well for my .223 precision loads.

I have found the Hornady 108 ELDM to be less accurate than all of the 105s tested.

Last edited:
Reactions: ma smith
Has anyone used Berger 108 BT with 6BR or is it also a bit too heavy?
(unless shooting BR-A or Dasher etc)