• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Tac Match cartridge comparisons

Any one having issues feeding the 6x47 with aics mags?

I don't.

I have one mag that I bent the lips out on for smoother feeding and one that I left alone. Both feed flawlessly but the former feeds smoother.

Usually when this happens the mags are positioned a tad too low or the mag lips are pinched too tight, or both combined.

wow creedmoor is laser!! i like what im seeing on 42.5-43.5....

That's way too much powder in my #1 creedmoor, my #2 seems to like a bit more, hope to test 42.1grs H4350 & 41.8grs Hyb100V this Wed. with Hunting VLDs. I think that's where the best node will be.

Another 6x47 fan here. 41.7gr H4350 with 105H hybrids, 31" tube, 3220fps and not pressure signs. Going 800 rounds and primers are still tight (250 cases = over 3 firings per case).

I'm running a 6x47 as well. It was reamed with 0.274 neck and 0.075 free bore. I was planning on shooting 105 hornady match hpbt but found 105 Hybrids so I used them. I'm getting 3020 fps with 38.9 gr H4350 out of a 26" bartlein medium Palma barrel.

I was looking at a 243 but really like some qualities the 6x47 has. What I s he shorted barrel recommended for these rounds with 105 hybrids?

I was hoping for about 22" but is that a waste of powder?

I like the 6x47 personally, with a little bit more freebore I know guys running 3075-3125fps very accurately.

as for the price difference here is what I gather:

you said the 6cm brass was $.65 per round but primer pockets were loose after 3 firings. Ill be generous and say you will replace it after 4 firings since you also mentioned how quick you are to discard a barrel (not that I blame you on that at all, for matches I agree!)

6cm = $.65 per case. replace every 4 firings means 5 purchases for 20 firings. 5 x $.65 = $3.25 for 20 firings.

6x47 Lapua brass = $1.05 per case. guys claim 20 firings and no issues yet so. 1 x $1.05 = $1.05 for 20 firings.

in the long run the cheaper Hornady brass is 3x as expensive as the Lapua brass. I have also seen Hornady brass come apart at a match, blown primers, primers just falling out, and case cracks. no thanks!

just my opinion, i know there are plenty who agree and plenty who don't.

I will also agree. I was going to build a 6 Creedmoor before I purchased my current XC. However, after having a 6.5 Creedmoor the poor brass quality changed my mind. Call me narrow minded but my experience has soured me and I will never own another creedmoor variant until Hornady pulls their head out of their brass!!! :eek:

I've had a couple of 6X47's, recently sold a 6SLR and now using 6XC (my first). I really liked the 6X47's. The SLR took me a while to find a load for it, and as mentioned it truly takes one firing to be completely formed (but what doesn't)…...but I do love this 6XC. I can see myself staying with the chambering for a while.

I am liking my 6xc barrel... 21" and with 39 grains of H4350 I am at 2968 with 105 hybrids. I had it up to 3030fps but was seeing slight ejector swipes on the norma brass.

6cm = $.65 per case. replace every 4 firings means 5 purchases for 20 firings. 5 x $.65 = $3.25 for 20 firings.

I will also agree. I was going to build a 6 Creedmoor before I purchased my current XC. However, after having a 6.5 Creedmoor the poor brass quality changed my mind. Call me narrow minded but my experience has soured me and I will never own another creedmoor variant until Hornady pulls their head out of their brass!!! :eek:
Does that mean I have to throw my Hornady brass away now? I've got 5 firings and some have 6 on them, primers are nice and snug in their pockets.:)