• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6X5 Thread V5.0 *new 1/1/21*

T1X
DIP 25 MOA Rail
S&B PM II 5-25
Burris XTR Signature Rings 1" height
Harris Bipod
Center-X from at least two different lots

Enviros.
Wind 0-3
64 F.

Again I apologize for image quality. From left to right groups are .179, .472, .516 (six rounds, shit like this happens when you get old), .493, .298 and .356. Average is .386.

The rifle has the Tikka vertical grip and forearm adapter. It is otherwise stock with about a two pound trigger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steelhead
just called, they had 3 x 500 in stock.
took all three
Cs will contact me if they got more of that lot in
bought from target sports

Actually had 6x500
So I'm set for a bit
Hit the range again this morning 1/2 Moa l/r and <1 Moa vt 10 rounds @100
Can't believe how well this vudoo shoots...
Shoots better than my first 700pss using 168FGMM @ 100

Forgot to post pic.
March 10-60 HM
At 40x each hash is .5moa.

Last 10 rds of the morning.
7B77C36E-A18A-4C9E-A0C6-3818E591B64F.png

Reactions: Scootch
Where do you guys get the orange pasters with the black dot in the middle? Can't find half inch, found 3".

I have not been contributing much lately, I have been busy with training and racing my bike. But with my longest/hardest race of the season next weekend I am starting a gradual taper so I was able to shoot some today. I got my ass kicked pretty good too...

I forgot to get a picture of the Anschutz, but here is the Vudoo. The wind was not too bad, 0-5mph from a full value left or right or a no value head wind. It wasn’t consistent at all I guess because we had a front moving in. I was trying to watch the mirage and grass but kept missing the change. It really shows on a few of the targets.

I have not been contributing much lately, I have been busy with training and racing my bike. But with my longest/hardest race of the season next weekend I am starting a gradual taper so I was able to shoot some today. I got my ass kicked pretty good too...

I forgot to get a picture of the Anschutz, but here is the Vudoo. The wind was not too bad, 0-5mph from a full value left or right or a no value head wind. It wasn’t consistent at all I guess because we had a front moving in. I was trying to watch the mirage and grass but kept missing the change. It really shows on a few of the targets.
that Annie is out of control.

Reactions: Scootch
that Annie is out of control.

It’s easily the most accurate rimfire I have ever shot. I sure didn’t shoot it to it’s potential today... But I am pretty rusty, you don’t get better at shooting by racing mountain bikes haha

It’s easily the most accurate rimfire I have ever shot. I sure didn’t shoot it to it’s potential today... But I am pretty rusty, you don’t get better at shooting by racing mountain bikes haha

If that's rusty, I don't know what it would like like if you weren't rusty. I love that gun...

So by saying rusty your pouring salt on the wound.

1 hasnt shot often
2 training for another sport all together
3 still shoots better than me

.::thanks for ruining my Sunday lol.:.

Reactions: Cuzz
I didn’t mean to imply that at all, just I’m not on my game right now. But I recently joined a smaller range very close to home with the hopes of correcting that...

I'm not on my game right now = avg 229 @50 and 789 @ 100

I think I'm with brianf lol

What kind of averages do you think the Annie will shoot? Do you have a goal I mind?

I'm hoping to get some better averages out of my Vudoo but don't really know what to expect. I had my trigger lowered to 12oz first stage and 12oz second stage and also ordered a muzzle break to experiment with. With my gun having a more spotter type design, slanted stock and forearm I have a hard time minimizing movement on the sand bags. Hopefully the break will help a little too. If not I guess it will go to the drawer along with the other shooting related things I've tried that didn't work out.

First off, thank you both for the compliment. I said that with how poorly I was reading the wind, I was getting caught by a change and not recognizing it until after I broke a shot. If you look at the 100 yard targets it really shows this and shows the accuracy of my Anschutz vs the Vudoo. In the Anschutz targets you will see 4 rounds pretty tightly stacked with one off, again the wind was switching from full value left to right around to a head wind at 4-5 mph and dropping to 0-1 mph, the let up was mu problem, I just didn’t see it. I am going to put some wind indicators out to learn the wind at this range, it is one I have not shot at in probably 10 years.

Based on all the targets I have shot with the Anschutz in good conditions I am fairly certain it will average out in the high 0.1XX’s at 50 and can average sub 0.500” at 100. **Not saying I can always do it, but if I ever get a dead calm day the rifle is capable of it. In testing ammo I have shot quite a few groups in the 0.3XX’s to mid 0.2XX’s at 100 yards with it. But doing that 6 times back to back is the point of this thread....

No visible improvement here but i thought id post anyway to encourage other beginners like myself to post
I'm at a strange and frustrating stage at the moment where things click for a couple of shots then i loose it again. so i get 2 or 3 shot groups that literally land on top of each other ... then the next shots are .... somewhere else.
see the image below for examples.

CZ 455 Evolution
Dolphin bipod
rear bag
50m
SK Biathlon Sport
little or no wind, 45 F

group sizes in MOA
0.892, 1.098, 1.289
1.083, 1.684, 0.488

No visible improvement here but i thought id post anyway to encourage other beginners like myself to post
I'm at a strange and frustrating stage at the moment where things click for a couple of shots then i loose it again. so i get 2 or 3 shot groups that literally land on top of each other ... then the next shots are .... somewhere else.
see the image below for examples.

CZ 455 Evolution
Dolphin bipod
rear bag
50m
SK Biathlon Sport
little or no wind, 45 F

group sizes in MOA
0.892, 1.098, 1.289
1.083, 1.684, 0.488

I shoot worse off a bipod/bench combination than strictly prone or a bench and a bag. Are you shooting ski feet on your bipod or do you try to preload? Is your bench top a hard slick surface or do you use something to soften it up like carpet? You can c-clamp a 2x4 to your bench and then put something between the bipod legs, like sand bags or a towel, something softer to absorb vibration and to push against for preload.

Might help.

Scootch

Oh, I'm trying to figure this stuff out too. When you figure it out.. share your learnings!

Make sure you are directly behind the rifle and use consistent cheek pressure. There looks like there was some left to right wind as well.

I shoot worse off a bipod/bench combination than strictly prone or a bench and a bag. Are you shooting ski feet on your bipod or do you try to preload? Is your bench top a hard slick surface or do you use something to soften it up like carpet? You can c-clamp a 2x4 to your bench and then put something between the bipod legs, like sand bags or a towel, something softer to absorb vibration and to push against for preload.

Might help.

Scootch

Oh, I'm trying to figure this stuff out too. When you figure it out.. share your learnings!
ski feet on a carbon bipod. the 'bench' is a normal wooden table - not terribly stable. the table has a smooth surface so it isnt really possible to load the bipod at all.

will try with a bit of carpet.

Make sure you are directly behind the rifle and use consistent cheek pressure. There looks like there was some left to right wind as well.
im trying to be consistent with my hold/position, although in that session i was experimenting with cheek pressure - light pressure appears to be the best for me ? As i said above i can 'feel' when the combination of all factors is good - i just cant get there automatically yet. I have the impression that for prone i do best when i'm completely in line with the rifle and have my shoulders close to 90deg to the rifle axis, but for bench it feels like directly behind with 10-20deg twist to my shoulders works best (or is more comfortable ?). im wondering if this is possibly because i cant change the LOP on my stock and that ideally i should have different but pad to trigger lengths for prone and bench ?

Agreed, play with the amount of pressure you have on both your cheek, grip, and loading the bipod. I find every rifle is different but a good rule of thumb is light to medium pressure ( like what you would exert when shaking a female’s hand vs a big dude. Plus pay attention to parallax and consistent eye relief it has to be exactly the same every time! Makes a big difference...

Reactions: tansinator
Agreed, play with the amount of pressure you have on both your cheek, grip, and loading the bipod. I find every rifle is different but a good rule of thumb is light to medium pressure ( like what you would exert when shaking a female’s hand vs a big dude. Plus pay attention to parallax and consistent eye relief it has to be exactly the same every time! Makes a big difference...

Parallax issues due to poor gun fitment/body geometry is probably my biggest problem, other than simply losing focus after a box or two of shooting. One hundred shots of trying to focus real hard is exhausting!

Scootch

@jbell and @Scootch i've spent a lot of time making sure that my scope is correctly focused on the reticle for my eyes so that i can get the parallax errors as small as possible... even so the minimum parallax focus is not when the target is in best focus (its slightly further away). making sure i have my eye in exactly the correct place, relative to the scope, was one of the best improvements in my shooting that i have made so far.

@jbell and @Scootch i've spent a lot of time making sure that my scope is correctly focused on the reticle for my eyes so that i can get the parallax errors as small as possible... even so the minimum parallax focus is not when the target is in best focus (its slightly further away). making sure i have my eye in exactly the correct place, relative to the scope, was one of the best improvements in my shooting that i have made so far.

That is more difficult than it sounds once the parallax is corrected for. I pay very close attention to it and still find myself allowing the image to slightly blur / haze on one side of the image (from my head being slightly out of alignment). That is the hardest fundamental for me to repeatedly execute properly. I think it is a bit easier for the problem to arise shooting rimfire as opposed to centerfire because you don’t have to rebuild or at least touch up your position from recoil after each shot. I find that occasionally over a 5 round string my position degrades ever so slightly.

Reactions: tansinator
I agree for the most part. But some days my heavy head gets comfortable on the stock and I tend to shoot better at longer distances with heavy pressure. For 50 yards lighter pressure works for me. I don't understand it, but it works for me.

I have found that I am less consistent over long strings of fire with heavy pressure, but that is just me. That is why you have to determine what is best for you.

now if i could just get a target up without drowning or being blown away ... im so keen to get out and try everything you all have been suggesting...

Shot the 6x5 today with my T1x. I didn't do it justice, but ya gotta start somewhere. I'm hoping to start shooting it every Friday for a while.

25514919-5278-4B50-8AEE-85702C584FF6.jpeg

I was able to sneak out to the range today before the wind and rain rolled in. I have been testing my Vudoo’s cold bore POI shift and it has repeatedly been ZERO shift! Both cold clean and as seen today cold fouled. I am very happy with that! My hat is off to the VGW crew, cold bore POI shift is usually the norm with rimfire from my experience. I got caught a few times by the wind shift at 100 yards so the accuracy suffered a little & I take full responsibility for that. My first group was two tenths high, but you can see the top of the highest round (cluster of 3 at the top of the paper) just off the edge of the paper. I left the target on the cardboard & brought it all home to measure the group so it would be correct. I sure wish I would have seen the wind shift on the 5th target after the first shot (middle target on the right side) you can see the shift in the 4th target from the vertical and it let up on shot #1 of target #5 but came back for the rest of the group and for target #6 ( bottom right). It was a 2-ish mph head wind. That’s all it takes to destroy a smoking good string. **its hard to see & correct for wind with your head up your ass, meaning don’t get caught up in a good string pay attention to the task at hand!!

Damn nice....I will be taking a field trip up to your place once my Vudoo comes in. Have you shoot it and make sure it's up to snuff.

I was able to sneak out to the range today before the wind and rain rolled in. I have been testing my Vudoo’s cold bore POI shift and it has repeatedly been ZERO shift! Both cold clean and as seen today cold fouled. I am very happy with that! My hat is off to the VGW crew, cold bore POI shift is usually the norm with rimfire from my experience. I got caught a few times by the wind shift at 100 yards so the accuracy suffered a little & I take full responsibility for that. My first group was two tenths high, but you can see the top of the highest round (cluster of 3 at the top of the paper) just off the edge of the paper. I left the target on the cardboard & brought it all home to measure the group so it would be correct. I sure wish I would have seen the wind shift on the 5th target after the first shot (middle target on the right side) you can see the shift in the 4th target from the vertical and it let up on shot #1 of target #5 but came back for the rest of the group and for target #6 ( bottom right). It was a 2-ish mph head wind. That’s all it takes to destroy a smoking good string. **its hard to see & correct for wind with your head up your ass, meaning don’t get caught up in a good string pay attention to the task at hand!!

Is that a function of barrel quality? Fitting to the action? Have other vudoo owners experienced the same things?

Some say its due to the carbon ring forming, do you clean the chamber aggressively?

Last edited:
Is that a function of barrel quality? Fitting to the action? Have other vudoo owners experienced the same things?

Some say its due to the carbon ring forming, do you clean the chamber aggressively?
I would say the lack of cold bore shift has more to do with the barrel and maybe the chamber design than anything else. Maybe because it is a cut rifle barrel, not a button like every other 22lr I have ever owned. I don’t clean nothing aggressively, just with solvent and a cleaning felt ever so often. I am going down to visit my family soon and they have 2 V-22’s one with an Ace barrel and one with a Bart. I will test them for accuracy and POI shift.

I would say the lack of cold bore shift has more to do with the barrel and maybe the chamber design than anything else. Maybe because it is a cut rifle barrel, not a button like every other 22lr I have ever owned. I don’t clean nothing aggressively, just with solvent and a cleaning felt ever so often. I am going down to visit my family soon and they have 2 V-22’s one with an Ace barrel and one with a Bart. I will test them for accuracy and POI shift.

Looking forward to your report. Pretty sure you have the ace.

JB, Thank you for posting the side by side 6x5's with the Anschutz and the Vudoo. That is a great head to head comparison of two fine rifles. I have been out of the loop lately and have been shooting a 22 fun shoot match at our range on Thursday nites. The rules required a factory repeater. My Annie is a single shot 54 Super Match and is not allowed. So I am competing with an 87 yr old Win Mod 52. A great rifle but very well worn. The usual winner has an Anschutz 54 sporter that is a hammer but we also have several tough competitors who deploy Mod 52's, Coopers, Brno, or other fine rifles. My best mate was attempting to compete using an old Remington mod 541 which was a nice rifle but just not up to the task. He recently acquired a Savage-Anschutz 54 sporter. We shot it side by side with my Annie Super Match using the same ammo on the same day with both of us shooting both rifles and what was amazing is that the old Sav-Anschutz was equal in every way to my Olympic grade tgt rifle. It would just pound them into one hole at 50y. I stopped to see the gun store who sold him the rifle to thank them for f@#king up the balance of power in the universe by selling him that rifle, lol. Told them it was like giving nukes to the Iranians or Winchesters to the Apaches, lol. Long story short, I have been wanting a Vudoo. They seem to have the best or one of the best currently available sporters on the market and your comparo just proved it. I have been somewhat confused though by the variety of bbl.'s to choose from. Which barrel did you go with and why? I am curious.

Irish

I have the 20” Ace barrel. I went with it based on a conversation I had with Jay about the barrels and my curiosity of trying new things. If I had not talked to Jay I would have used the same barrel I put on my Anschutz a benchmark 1-15 twist 3 groove @ 24”

I’ll have more to report after my trip to GA to see my family. Planning on doing a lot of shooting

I have the 20” Ace barrel. I went with it based on a conversation I had with Jay about the barrels and my curiosity of trying new things. If I had not talked to Jay I would have used the same barrel I put on my Anschutz a benchmark 1-15 twist 3 groove @ 24”

I’ll have more to report after my trip to GA to see my family. Planning on doing a lot of shooting

Just got my vudoo last week has a 20 inch Bartlein mtu I see you have an ace but most likely the same chamber what ammo has proven to be best for you I’m looking for a budget option for plinking and it’s looking like center x for comps I’m going to try all the sk offerings and my trusty wolf but I’m curious what you have found

All I shoot is Eley Match, or Tenex, or Center X. Pistol King looked good but I only shot a few magazines of it.

I know it supposed to be 6x5 but I don’t know what order I shot them in so in the interest of avoiding cherry picking it’s an 8x5 this was rounds 51-90 @50yds 75deg with my new left hand vudoo 20” Bartlein mtu in a mpa hybrid chassis trigger tech diamond at 1lb with an Athlon ares etr 4.5-30 I was trying some odd boxes of ammo I had laying around in between load development
my 50 yard avg looks like jbells 100yd avg but I will have to see what I can do on a true 6x5 as I shoot it some more and try some other ammo types
CAFF742C-36FC-49BA-88AA-184D97354122.jpegA7DCA0F1-D996-4BA8-B986-82FDD1575A7D.jpeg92A1BF2F-5F5F-4B7A-B70F-544147B22236.jpeg9B76EBED-BF55-4FF9-9142-6130F5A4185C.jpeg9D4DC4F3-5FF8-431F-BD58-8B7B018A4842.jpeg506F4E8D-F400-4C3F-BAED-9153D7DB75DD.jpeg76BC1039-2A04-4779-83F9-65BA67C7DCB6.jpeg697C18DC-CC3D-4FF1-90C2-F347AF06AD56.jpeg33661AC4-4E76-404F-A1E9-B6850FE99401.jpeg

.396” avg 8x5
Last photo shows the rest of the target with some wolf match extra and cci sv very pleased with this rifles accuracy so far only wish I got a vudoo sooner

Reactions: 10ring1
50 yards Ruger 10/22 with CPC full tune of factory parts (bolt, trigger pack, barrel) inside, 65 degrees F 5300' alt. SWFA fixed 6x

Stock barrel doesn't shoot any better than before the tune up work, but gun has been a lot more reliable in ejecting/feeding now. Factory barrels are a lottery mix and it looks like this one is in the lower half of the bell curve average. I'm right at 6.5lbs all kitted up so it's legal for CMP rimfire matches at the moment. Average of .686" group size

EDIT ADD: Previous target was shot with CCI ammo, also shot a target with Center-X but groups didn't improve with the much higher quality ammo:

Last edited:
Reactions: Sledge1