• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6X5 Thread V5.0 *new 1/1/21*

Nice shooting! What power and how do you like your scope?

It's the 3-15x FFP. The only thing I don't like about it so far has been where they put the screw in "cat tail" knob. When at 3 power, the bolt knob hits it. Not too big of a deal, because I'm rarely at 3 power, but it is annoying. So far it's tracked perfectly and while not on par "optically" with my Nightforce's or higher end Bushnell's, it works great on this Vudoo. It will focus down to 10 yards and I do like the reticle.

Attempt #2

TS Customs RimX Rifle
Zermatt Arms RimX Action
26" Benchmark 3-groove 16.5 twist MTU contour, 22LR Primal 2° chamber
McMillan "McWoody" A5A stock, bedded, TS Customs adjustable cheek hardware
Triggertech Diamond trigger
Hawkins Precision bottom metal & heavy tactical scope mount
Tangent Theta 525P GenIIXR
Atlas PSR bipod

Date: 4/16/20 6:15AM
Wind: 7:00, 6-9mph
Temp: 24F
Station Pressure: 27.32 inHg
Humidity: 66%

Ammo: RWS R50
6x5 average: 0.233"

Video of target shot:

Bulls 5-10.

Beautiful rifle and great shooting!!

Reactions: orkan
I walk outside this morning. It's dead calm and 50°F. I smile and say to myself "yes... going to get that #1 spot on the 6x5 today!" I walk inside, grab a couple targets and a stapler, walk outside and WOOOOSH! Wind.

tenor.gif

Shot this on my second outing with my new RimX Benchmark 3 groove @ 50yds. Its my best 6x5 @ 50yd to date with my best lot of CenterX. Plan was to shoot a 6x5 @ 100yd today with this lot of CenterX but its blowing 15-20mph right now. Not even gonna waste the ammo.

Zermatt RimX
20" Benchmark 3 groove M24
Muzzle Threaded 1/2-28
MDT XRS Chassis
Area419 Weighted 14" ARCA
Bix'N Andy TacSport Pro 2 Stage Flat
Seekins PMR Rings
Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 APRS1 MIL
MDT CYKE POD

Shot from the bench with bipod and rear bag

Last edited:
Great shooting. :)

Thanks. If only I could get my damn lot of R50 to shoot consistently like yours...grrrr. Ive shot 2 6x5 with it, on 2 seperate outings and it consistently shoots 3 of those groups in the 0.0's and 0.1's and then 2 groups in the 0.6's and 0.8's. I dont get it. It wants to hammer but not consistently. This lot of CenterX on the other hand is hammering.

Thanks. If only I could get my damn lot of R50 to shoot consistently like yours...grrrr. Ive shot 2 6x5 with it, on 2 seperate outings and it consistently shoots 3 of those groups in the 0.0's and 0.1's and then 2 groups in the 0.6's and 0.8's. I dont get it. It wants to hammer but not consistently. This lot of CenterX on the other hand is hammering.
From my experience, you really have to lot test R50 pretty good, with many more rounds fired per lot than what seems "normal." I've experienced the same thing you are right now with R50. I have to shoot a minimum a couple boxes of each lot to see whether it can be consistent. I have at least 4 lot numbers that behave just as you describe. If I test 10 lots, a bunch of them will behave like that. ... but once you do find the lot that is consistent, man, I don't think I've found anything better at any price.

From my experience, you really have to lot test R50 pretty good, with many more rounds fired per lot than what seems "normal." I've experienced the same thing you are right now with R50. I have to shoot a minimum a couple boxes of each lot to see whether it can be consistent. I have at least 4 lot numbers that behave just as you describe. If I test 10 lots, a bunch of them will behave like that. ... but once you do find the lot that is consistent, man, I don't think I've found anything better at any price.

Yea I only have a few bricks of 1 lot. I figured that was the case.

Reactions: orkan
Yea I only have a few bricks of 1 lot. I figured that was the case.
I was function testing the Bix 'n Andy today, and wanted to show you this. It was super windy today, so it's not super conclusive... but still has merit. All are 5-shot groups @ 50yds from my TS Customs RimX. The top row is with my favorite lot #. The bottom two rows are from a different lot number. Look how far that round dropped out the bottom on bull 6! The vertical in the groups, no matter the wind condition, vertical stringing on bulls 8, 10, and one popping out the right on 11. Sure, it shoots "good" but if you shoot enough of it, you see flyers that are significantly further from the cluster than the good lot numbers.

It's this kind of thing that will drive a guy goofy.

I was function testing the Bix 'n Andy today, and wanted to show you this. It was super windy today, so it's not super conclusive... but still has merit. All are 5-shot groups @ 50yds from my TS Customs RimX. The top row is with my favorite lot #. The bottom two rows are from a different lot number. Look how far that round dropped out the bottom on bull 6! The vertical in the groups, no matter the wind condition, vertical stringing on bulls 8, 10, and one popping out the right on 11. Sure, it shoots "good" but if you shoot enough of it, you see flyers that are significantly further from the cluster than the good lot numbers.

It's this kind of thing that will drive a guy goofy.

Yea driving me bonkers. Here is the few times I shot this 1 lot of R50 I have a bunch of. Super tiny groups, then big groups. Initially thought it was because I was mixing ammo so I cleaned the barrel real good and ONLY shot R50 the last outing to start and same results. Im 100% positive its this lot now. Its not terrible, but not the best. Especially for the cost.

Greg, have you done much testing with R100? I feel Like it should be a good option for longer ranges but I haven’t found a lot that out preforms Center X or Eley Match or Tenex.

@padom Shoot me your name and addy in a PM and I'll send you a few boxes of this good lot to try. I'm curious. :)

Will do.

Loving the Bix'N Andy TacSport Pro 2 Stages! I loved the first one I got so much I switched out all my rifles. I personally like it better than the TT Diamond. All of mine have appropriate sears and 90 degree flat shoes thanks to Don and the crew over @BulletCentral. Great people. I initially tried tuning mine myself after installing the correct sear and flat shoe and got it decent but wasnt 100% satisifed. Sent all mine to Don and he had them tuned perfectly to exactly the pull weights I wanted. They are amazing now. No creep, breaks like glass. I had him tune the second stage to 6oz. I for some reason was not able to get them feeling this nice tuning them myself even though I followed the directions exactly. Don said they need to update those. Might be worth sending it in to have them tune it up real quick.

Ill shoot you a PM

Greg, have you done much testing with R100? I feel Like it should be a good option for longer ranges but I haven’t found a lot that out preforms Center X or Eley Match or Tenex.

Ultramatch is shooting better than R50 in mine and Tenex shot HORRIBLE. Some of my rifles loved Tenex, this barrel hates it. The .22lr game...haha

Its widely reported that Ultramatch and R50 are one in the same with RWS making Ultramatch now. I was so sure until I recently received a new batch of Ultramatch and I picked 8 RWS headstamps out of the brick of Ultramatch. haha

Ultramatch is shooting better than R50 in mine and Tenex shot HORRIBLE. Some of my rifles loved Tenex, this barrel hates it. The .22lr game...haha

Its widely reported that Ultramatch and R50 are one in the same with RWS making Ultramatch now. I was so sure until I recently received a new batch of Ultramatch and I picked 8 RWS headstamps out of the brick of Ultramatch. haha

Tenex is very finicky ammo, I find you need to lot test it. But when it is good there is no better!

I've done a bit with it. I can't say I've had it shooting any better than R50 at longer ranges. I have 1 lot number that I think shot OK. Couple crappy ones. I'll drag it out and shoot it one of these days in this RimX.

Might be worth sending it in to have them tune it up real quick.
Might do that. I've got this single stage running really good. It's like a jewel though... with that weird thing where it doesn't "break," snappy like a triggertech... but rather it just kinda, goes off. lol

Eley lost my business about 3-4 years ago. I bought test lots of about 15 different lot numbers of match(black box) and tenex... and it shot like garbage in literally every rifle I owned. I went to lapua and rws and haven't looked back since. I have one lot number of tenex that can be easily bested by CCI minimags in every rifle I've tested it in. Its yuck.

Reactions: jbell
I've done a bit with it. I can't say I've had it shooting any better than R50 at longer ranges. I have 1 lot number that I think shot OK. Couple crappy ones. I'll drag it out and shoot it one of these days in this RimX.

Might do that. I've got this single stage running really good. It's like a jewel though... with that weird thing where it doesn't "break," snappy like a triggertech... but rather it just kinda, goes off. lol

Eley lost my business about 3-4 years ago. I bought test lots of about 15 different lot numbers of match(black box) and tenex... and it shot like garbage in literally every rifle I owned. I went to lapua and rws and haven't looked back since. I have one lot number of tenex that can be easily bested by CCI minimags in every rifle I've tested it in. Its yuck.

Had the same exact problem with the 2nd stage break on mine tuning it myself. Don said doesn't sound right send it back in. Asked what I wanted 2nd stage pull weight and sent it back all tuned up. It breaks like glass. I love it

Had the same exact problem with the 2nd stage break on mine tuning it myself. Don said doesn't sound right send it back in. Asked what I wanted 2nd stage pull weight and sent it back all tuned up. It breaks like glass. I love it
Interesting. Thanks for that tip. I have to admit, this is what I like about the triggertechs... you just stick them in there and they work. ;)

Have y’all tried the T7T triggers? I am also a diehard 2 stage guy and am pretty picky about crisp triggers (I know exactly what your saying about the Jewell mushy feel). I have owned 3 different T7T‘s and after adjusting them to my liking they are very good.

Have y’all tried the T7T triggers? I am also a diehard 2 stage guy and am pretty picky about crisp triggers (I know exactly what your saying about the Jewell mushy feel). I have owned 3 different T7T‘s and after adjusting them to my liking they are very good.

I havent used one either. Maybe one day but I love these tuned 2 Stage TacSport Pros right now.

Alright I got back out today with the RimX Benchmark and shot it at 100yds this time. I shot it with both the best lot of CenterX posted earlier and Ultramatch. The CenterX really let me down but the Ultramatch really performed. Wind was 3-7mph temp was 58F. Im sure If I can catch a dead day Im sure this Ultramatch will shoot 0.5 or less. I also shot a 6x5 with the Ultramatch at 50yds and it didnt let me down.

50yd UltraMatch

100yd Ultramatch (The CenterX was the top row. Threw flyers in every damn group. Didnt even bother measuring.)

RimX 20" Benchmark
Keystone Accuracy - 22LR Match Eachus chamber
Federal UltraMatch
50yd - 0.276" AGG
100yd - 0.630" AGG

Last edited:
I shot my Vudoo V22 / Benchmark @ 50yd today as well. Same exact blank, chamber, length, contour as my RimX. Only difference, the Vudoo has a set headspace of 0.043. It really shot lights out. First time shooting this for accuracy. I had it out 1 other time the other day just to put some rounds down it but that was it. It loved the one lot of CenterX that was the 2nd best lot in the RimX and it hammered with one lot of SK RM as well. Next Ill get this out to 100yds.

Vudoo V22 20" Benchmark
Keystone Accuracy - 22LR Match Eachus chamber
SK RM - 0.236" AGG
CenterX - 0.206" AGG

Reactions: jeronimo
Nice report and nice shooting! Interesting how the Center-X performs better in one rifle than the other.

Reactions: padom
Nice report and nice shooting! Interesting how the Center-X performs better in one rifle than the other.

yea that was the 2nd best lot of CenterX in the Rimx, but lights out in the Vudoo. And that SK RM didnt shoot that good in the RimX averaging 0.40"... Funny how identical blanks, chambers, contour, length, etc. perform so differently on these 2 different actions. Will be interesting to see how the Vudoo does at 100yd

yea that was the 2nd best lot of CenterX in the Rimx, but lights out in the Vudoo. And that SK RM didnt shoot that good in the RimX averaging 0.40"... Funny how identical blanks, chambers, contour, length, etc. perform so differently on these 2 different actions. Will be interesting to see how the Vudoo does at 100yd

Yes, it is very interesting how the 2 different actions performed. You mentioned headspace on the Vudoo being .043. Do you know what it is on the RIM-X?

I look forward to seeing your results at 100. I'm going to try again this weekend with mine and see what happens at 100 also. Who knows maybe even 200.

Yes, it is very interesting how the 2 different actions performed. You mentioned headspace on the Vudoo being .043. Do you know what it is on the RIM-X?

I look forward to seeing your results at 100. I'm going to try again this weekend with mine and see what happens at 100 also. Who knows maybe even 200.

RimX is a unique, never done before design. Minimum headspace you can set is 0.0455... i have mine at 0.046. It holds the case against the bolt face at all times...unlock a Vudoo, CZ, or other 22s that let go of the case once the bolt is locked.

Padom, I have your latest targets update. Just to confirm you have 2 Vudoo’s? One with a Green Mountain barrel and one with a Benchmark correct?

Excellent shooting! Do you care to give any opinions (loading the mags, feeding, extraction, ejection, operation, etc...) on the V22 action & magazine vs the Zermatt?

Reactions: padom
Padom, I have your latest targets update. Just to confirm you have 2 Vudoo’s? One with a Green Mountain barrel and one with a Benchmark correct?

Excellent shooting! Do you care to give any opinions (loading the mags, feeding, extraction, ejection, operation, etc...) on the V22 action & magazine vs the Zermatt?

I have 1 Vudoo V22 action but I have a Green Mountain, Benchmark, Krieger and Lilja barrel for it. So far, I've only shot the GM and Benchmark barrels. I'll be reshooting the GM soon. I had the tenon chopped off, rechambered with my custom reamer and length chopped to 20" to match the Benchmark....we will see how it performs now

Sure..both setups are obviously very accurate. I have an issue maybe 3x every 100rds feeding from the mag in the vudoo. The bullet doesn't even come out of the mag or start to move.. bolt stops hard.. its not often but happened a few times.. I haven't had any feeding, extraction or ejection issues with the RimX. Cycling the bolt is definitely smoother and faster on the RimX.

Last edited:
I have an issue maybe 3x every 100rds feeding from the mag in the vudoo. The bullet doesn't even come out of the mag or start to move.. bolt stops hard.. its not often but happened a few times..

That is more than likely how your loading the magazine. If you pull the follower all the way down and then drop the bullets in occasionally you will get a rim of the top round behind the rim of the bottom round which will lock it up. The best method is to just pull the follower down far enough to get 1 round in at a time. I take it a step further by letting the follower come up after I load each round. It took me a little time to figure this out.

That is more than likely how your loading the magazine. If you pull the follower all the way down and then drop the bullets in occasionally you will get a rim of the top round behind the rim of the bottom round which will lock it up. The best method is to just pull the follower down far enough to get 1 round in at a time. I take it a step further by letting the follower come up after I load each round. It took me a little time to figure this out.

That's not how I load my mags. I pull it down just far enough to put 1 rd in, then release the follower so it pushes the round to the top, rinse and repeat 10x. Exactly as you do

That's not how I load my mags. I pull it down just far enough to put 1 rd in, then release the follower so it pushes the round to the top, rinse and repeat 10x. Exactly as you do
I only load 5 at a time, sometime the last bullet that i load will be more parallel with the top of the mag than it needs to be. The projectile needs to be up a little. If i will pull the button down about a half inch and let it go, it will snap the bullets in the correct position. I never have trouble after the 1st round.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 42
11 X 5

Today after another unsuccessful turkey hunt I decided to do a little shooting. My goal was to work on me as I haven't got to shoot much this year. I started out with one of my 52D's and ran about 300 rounds through it. Next I shot a 40XB that I bought back in February. Other than function testing it after I bought it this is only the second time I've shot it. The ammo is a lot of SK Std. Plus, none of my 52's or my Annie shoot this lot well, my T1X shoots it okay. It's like Mikey, it'll eat anything.

The weather was nice, low 70's, light clouds and light variable winds, I think it blew from every direction. Sometimes my two wind flags would be pointing in opposite directions.

Here is 11 consecutive 5 shot groups, shot from a bench, front rest and rear bag, 50 yards from the front of the bench to the targets.
IMG_3800.JPG
IMG_3798.JPG

1badDart, nice shooting. I have you on the results with the 40X. I would love to see a side picture of the rifle.