• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7/17/20 AI update- Is it worth trading out for an AI?

IIRC, they're M5 low profile cap head screws. I got mine from the local Ace True Value hardware store. I seem to recall that I had to trim them a few mm's each, as they were just a tad too long.

Just an update to the AI

Took her out today for some load testing at 300 yards. Just 3 shot groups. 3/4 groups were .6 MOA or less with the winning group shown below. The consistency with the 178 ELDX was enough to convince me to stick with the load shown below

Ordered a RRS Arca rail for the forend which will allow me to run on Tripod shown in above pics without the saddle needed. Which is how I run my other guns

9C05EFCF-0526-4FD6-9F72-E55CB17BE1AC.jpeg
E1DAA5A4-07FA-41BE-B931-A16AB57AC2F0.jpeg
091D00A0-C9B2-4D53-8620-7098FC2E681E.jpeg
A165D196-3984-4430-878D-DE4F647B30DB.png

Just an update to the AI

Took her out today for some load testing at 300 yards. Just 3 shot groups. 3/4 groups were .6 MOA or less with the winning group shown below. The consistency with the 178 ELDX was enough to convince me to stick with the load shown below

Ordered a RRS Arca rail for the forend which will allow me to run on Tripod shown in above pics without the saddle needed. Which is how I run my other guns

View attachment 7292330View attachment 7292331View attachment 7292333View attachment 7292334
Let us know when you get those groups tightened up... and what is this arfcom 3 shot group bs? 3 shot groups are bush leauge chief ?

Let us know when you get those groups tightened up... and what is this arfcom 3 shot group bs? 3 shot groups are bush leauge chief ?

Haha I was wondering how long it would be before I got jacked up for the 3 shot groups ? I made it 4 minutes!

For my other guns I usually test at 500 or 800 yards as well. Also play with seating depth etc. But given the fact that this gun shot very well today I’ll probably just stick with the load pictured above. More than capable for deer inside of 500 yards. All loads tested together would have been accurate enough

My hunting guns are 3 shot groups. My steel/target guns are 5 Shot groups. Only rifle I tested with more than that is my 284 fclass rifle. Just because of the 22+ rounds fired in 20 minutes

Just throwing this out there,

I shot this AI next to my GAP in 300 WM. The AI outshot the GA. The action on the AI is unbelievably smooth compared to the R700 action of the GAP.

My one regret after spending a bit of time with this rifle/scope is that I didn’t get one sooner. It’s literally the perfect package and I couldn’t be happier. I have more money in guns than I care to admit but would have 3 less had I started just buying the AIAT. It is truly in a League of its own

I found myself looking several times to see if the rifle picked up the next round from the mag. You don’t feel or hear it pick up the next round it’s that smooth

Reactions: MarinePMI
Nice, my AW is one of 3 6.5 CM precision rifles I own and I really should shoot it more, it's that good. Glad you love the AT- I have the Atlas spigot for my AW but I don't use it any more after putting on an HRD Arca rail under the forend. You will probably ditch your spigot after you install the RRS plate on your forend.

Nice, my AW is one of 3 6.5 CM precision rifles I own and I really should shoot it more, it's that good. Glad you love the AT- I have the Atlas spigot for my AW but I don't use it any more after putting on an HRD Arca rail under the forend. You will probably ditch your spigot after you install the RRS plate on your forend.

The spigot will stay. Picatinny for the atlas cal Gen 2. The arca will be the base for the tripod

That works too, but I found that in a match, the spigot puts the bipod too far out there to adjust easily with my free hand. So I put my bipod on the rail within easy reach and took the spigot off.

Reactions: hafejd30
That works too, but I found that in a match, the spigot puts the bipod too far out there to adjust easily with my free hand. So I put my bipod on the rail within easy reach and took the spigot off.

Good tip, thank you. The rifle currently wears a picatinny in the middle of the forend as well.
Previous owner had Most likely for that purpose.

With this setup shooting in corn, beans, alfalfa etc it’s most of the time a set bipod height based on vegetation height and leave there for the hunt. Just stationary in farm fields the majority of the time

The spigot was designed to be at the optimal distance to be able to reach (if just barely for some shorter folks), while bringing it closer to the bore for additional stability. Moving the bipod to the forend does make it easier to reach, at the expense of stability. Generally I find on a prone only stage, there is usually enough prep time to set the bipod up to the correct height so you don't have to do it on the clock.

If you think that's too far away to reach, the MDT ACC forend is about 4 or 5" longer than the AT with a spigot!

Reactions: impactaddict
Just a little update to the AI

Installed my RRS Rail. Gun is getting a bit on the bulky side but not an issue for what I use it for. Weight helps with follow up shots and the rifle can now be run on any bipod or Tripod setup that I need.

Took the rifle out and drop tested today. Sighted in at 100 yards which shot under 1/2 MOA for 3 shots. Then shot 1 round at 300 and 2 rounds at 438 yards.

The first 2 rounds fired at 438 yds are in lower left side of pic circled in red. Had 5 guns to test but at end of night I Adjusted the elevation and fired a 5 round group at 438 Yards.

Wind at the first 2 shots was about 5-7 mph. Wind on last 5 was about 2-4 mph.

Although the group is spread left to right due to the wind 2-4 mph from the 3 o’clock position I was pretty impressed with the vertical.

All 5 rounds held about 1 inch of vertical at 438 yards
9EE0B24A-D240-4EAD-AB10-7F78175AD70D.jpeg
402F0F19-1CF1-4848-AACC-41987D2C112B.jpeg

Just a little update to the AI

Installed my RRS Rail. Gun is getting a bit on the bulky side but not an issue for what I use it for. Weight helps with follow up shots and the rifle can now be run on any bipod or Tripod setup that I need.

Took the rifle out and drop tested today. Sighted in at 100 yards which shot under 1/2 MOA for 3 shots. Then shot 1 round at 300 and 2 rounds at 438 yards.

The first 2 rounds fired at 438 yds are in lower left side of pic circled in red are those first shots. Adjusted the elevation and at the end of the night fired a round group at 438 Yards

Wind at the first 2 shots was about 5-7 mph. Wind on last 5 was about 2-4 mph.

Although the group is spread left to right due to the wind 2-4 mph from the 3 o’clock position I was pretty impressed with the vertical.

All 5 rounds held about ” of vertical at 438 yards
View attachment 7307882View attachment 7307884

Bulky...psh to that I say lift bro.... Looking sweet though!

Just an update on my AI decision:

Im absolutely loving this AI. I’m kicking myself for not going this route way sooner. There is just something about getting behind this rifle that just makes you appreciate life a bit more.

The others rifles have sat in the safe so far this crop damage season. She’s running 100% with zero misses/lost deer and a decent amount of meat donated to the local Salvation Army. Still 110% satisfied with my purchase and would recommend the AIAT to anyone. Several kills over the 500 yard mark to date
9E3EC4B7-C08E-430B-8E53-7E13CBDF6775.jpeg

they are beautiful pieces of functional precision art If you want one them , it could be worth it to you .

The more I look at thumbhole stocked at’s, the more and more I want one to replace my impact in an ax chassis 😭