• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7.5 or 8 Twist for 115 DTAC

Hi MakeSawdust! What temps were u running into problems with. Or, having trouble with the DTACS. Thanks
Sorry, I just saw this. The station pressure where I shoot runs around 28.5-29" Hg. I have had problems with losing bc in temps up to 55 degrees. I've shot them down to ten degrees and didn't notice much accept reduced bc until I got past 600 yds in calm conditions. A week ago I was shooting a match and it was about 70 degrees. I was shooting very well through the first seven stages. The wind changed a bit and we had a 20-25mph head wind. I had dropped 7 points up to that point. I dropped 5 on the eighth stage and on the ninth and tenth stages I couldn't hit anything. I hit one target with 17 shots on very cleanable stages. I have no idea what caused it as shots were basically going everywhere. After the match I went home and confirmed that both my zero and velocity were as expected and the ten shot group was around .6 moa. There was only one other decent shooter in my squad and he had no issues using similar wind calls as me. Either my mental game went completely to shit, which I can usually identify easily, or the headwind was making the bullets do weird shit because they were on the edge of being unstable. I'm not sure I'll ever know, but it was definitely frustrating. I'm thinking about going back to 105s until this barrel is shot out. The next barrel is a 1:7.5

have used 7, 7.5, 8. Noticed no difference. the RBT stabilizes more than a bullet that doesnt have it.