• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7.62mm Nagant Brass

Sportin Wood

Team Hardwood
Minuteman
  • Jul 17, 2010
    The Woods, WA
    Well... THis may or may not be the right section for this question, but better chance than the others. I just recently came into a bunch of PPU 7.62mm Nagant brass, all once fired and appears to be in great condition. Now here's the question, is there anybody out there that would know what this brass could sell for if I deprimed them and ran them through the stainless steel tumbler? Is there anybody out there that even shoots the caliber let alone reload for it??

Is this the pistol brass or the 7.62x54R rifle brass ? Arnie

Plenty of people reload both 7.62 Nagant and 7.62x54R. Unless you really have a lot you might be better off just selling it as is. Sugarbug seems to be interested. I would be interested in it if he is not. I do not currently reload for that caliber, but I have enough guns that shoot it so I should.

Last edited:
    This is the pistol brass. Sugarbell and Belisarius, I will let you know how many I have once I get them all cleaned and deprimed. I did a little research on them through google images (hahahaa) and it looks to be a fun round...

Yes, it is a very fun round to shoot in deed! Let us know, I'd appreciate it!

Its actually a really fun round. That is why you have people like myself and a few others here saying they are interested in the brass.

So this is Nagant revolver brass then? Post is a little confusing.

It all looks like this:

Nagant+ammo+2+loads.JPG

I also have a bunch of 7.62mmx54r brass, but I am going to clean that too, but for this thread I was wondering about the 7.62mm Nagant brass

It all looks like this:

Nagant+ammo+2+loads.JPG

The round on the right should have the bullet sitting almost flush with the casing in order for it to cycle in the revolver. The picture you have there is from a blog that describes , but is shown loaded for another gun that shoots 32-20. Here is another picture of what a loaded 7.62 Nagant round should/could look like.

ordinario.jpg

Yes, the pic i used came up on google images. This is the brass for seating the bullet deeper into the case, almost flush with the casehead.