• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

7 SAUM / WSM - Where did all of it go?

TheLoneMonk

Private
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2010
I'm in pretty dire need of a LOT of 7 SAUM brass, and after looking around quite a bit I've come to a conclusion - it doesn't exist these days. This is what I don't understand - where did it go, and why isn't there more out there? There's not a shortage of raw material to make the brass, and 7 SAUM isn't a very widely used case as .30 calibers are more popular within the US.

The powder shortage, particularly with Hodgons extreme line such as H1000 I understand, and am looking for nearly 30 pounds of that too. But the brass, that just beats me.

Anyone have any insight on this, or places to find the stuff?

S/F

Get 300saum norma its easier to find much better than remington..remi need some loving to get concistent..its easy to neck down

Get 300saum norma its easier to find much better than remington..remi need some loving to get concistent..its easy to neck down

Okay, 6.5 SAUM guys, I hate youuu!!!

Serious note, for the 300 SAUM, don't you have to fireform it to be a true 7 SAUM? If so that isn't an option unfortunately.

S/F

Okay, 6.5 SAUM guys, I hate youuu!!!

Serious note, for the 300 SAUM, don't you have to fireform it to be a true 7 SAUM? If so that isn't an option unfortunately.

S/F

Negative. Just run it thru your F/L 7 SAUM die and you are good to go. Very easy, nothing fancy required. 300 SAUM brass is a good deal cheaper as well.

So where exactly would you look for norma 300 saum? I built the gun and no brass. Oh yea im the hated 6.5!

I'm hopeful Lapua will add 7saum to their list..so I can buy all the remmy brass people will hopefully sell ;)