• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

700P LTR Trigger?

58blackflag

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 30, 2012
SC
Does anyone know what trigger the 700P LTR ships with from the factory? Is it the X-Mark Pro or the older style?

I just happened to check out snipercountrypx.com this AM and saw a left-handed 700P LTR .308 listed for sale!! Needless to say it is now mine! Nicely equipped lefties don't come around too often, I'm happy to have seen this one before it disappeared.

I have a 700p bought about 18months ago and it came with the 40x trigger, not sure what comes in the LTR though.

I have a 700p bought about 18months ago and it came with the 40x trigger, not sure what comes in the LTR though.

That is what I was thinking they came with....well, we will see when it gets here.
The 40x is a pretty nice trigger isn't it? Much better than the X-Mark?

Even if it comes with the X-Mark I'm just happy to have found a lefty rifle that isn't bear-bones with a sporter barrel! Dropping a Timney in is easy enough.
Gotta take what you can get when you shoot with the wrong hand (or build a full custom), haha!

The 40x is a much better trigger..Enjoy your new rifle. I reall like mine, it shoots a lot better than I do.

From what I understood new ones come with X-mark pro triggers. You may have to check the date or just give them a call and ask which trigger was in the system.

I spoke to my gunsmith who regularly uses the 700P as a base for his semi custom rifles and he said he has seen them come both ways...
Thanks all for your experiences! I guess I'll see when it gets here.