• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes $750 hunting/range scope for precision AR-15

tkp401119

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2012
I'm building a precision AR-15 with a 16" Rainier Arms Ultra match barrel in 223. This will be used primarily for coyote hunting under 300 yards and at the range. I have a 4-16" Vortex PST but looking for something with more magnification in the 25x range. I know this is overkill but I like more magnification some times. For this scope, I don't really care if it has target turrets or hunting turrets, but I do want it to be relatively light weight, compact, and have good glass.

Right now, I'm looking at the following as front runners:

Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 - Used - $849
Zeiss - Camera Land NY

Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30x50 - New - $749
Amazon.com : Bushnell Elite 6500 Fine Mil Dot Reticle Riflescope with Rainguard, 4.5-30 x 50 : Rifle Scopes : Sports & Outdoors

How does the glass on these scopes compare? Any others to consider with a 5-25x zoom range that doesn't weigh 35oz or cost over $1k?

Zeiss without question. It is a much higher quality scope. I had a Bushnell 6500 and it was a joke. Ive had zeiss as well and the glass is top notch. Much higher quality over all. Bushnell is a joke in general

I've had that specific Bushnell and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough . I have that specific Zeiss and its in Germany now for repairs and won't get back to me until December their CS says. Its glass is very good,but I'm not overly impressed with the scope. Back to Bushnell I don't care for the Elite 6500 line up ,but I have a 6x24x40mm for 14 years now and its an excellent scope. Point being Bushnell makes scopes that would be great for your intended uses. Sightron makes nice scopes

A bit cheaper than you specified but I ran a Vortex HS-T 6x24 on my SPR with a Rainier UM SPR barrel.
I've since stole that scope for my 260 till I get a dedicated scope for it.
It does pretty good in low light, the reticle is very usable and the tracking has been spot on with data and reticle past 1000 yds.