• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 800 yd kill shot on video

gman722

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2011
Austin, Texas
I have hours of hunting video, almost all bow hunting. This was all done with a flip cam and flip editor, so not many options. I put together several short clips, shots on game. There are pigs, deer and turkey. I had also got an 800 yard kill on a pig using the flip with a spotting scope. For kicks, I added the 800 yd shot at the end of the video. I alsojust got a youtube account, so not sure if this is going to work. Best to look at this full screen, not much zoom with the flip.

http://youtu.be/IBz1kBHrRsc

Re: 800 yd kill shot on video

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome videos!! what was the deal with that last archery pig? hit him in the head or something? </div></div>

That was actually a double that my son shot. The first was hit in shoulder, the one behind in the skull. the first one squeeled until he pulled himself off the arrow and ran away. (not too far)
look again, the head shot pig rolls over with arrow in his head as the other runs off.

Squeal, squeal, squeeeeeelllllll

Very nice video compilation!!!

Awesome videos man.

I got to get me one of them blue things! Seems like the deer and hogs love it.

awesome man, would love to do the bow huntin thing with you...what would you charge...:)

What did you use to get the 800 yarder? What caliber and bullet? That piggie just rolled over insta dead after the shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rebel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What did you use to get the 800 yarder? What caliber and bullet? That piggie just rolled over insta dead after the shot. </div></div>

Rifle was an SPS tachtical 308. Bullet was 175 SMK from SW Ammo.
The hit was center shoulder and exited the other side. This is Texas hill country, so it took me about ten minutes to drive over to him. He was still kicking, but not going anywhere. I had to stick him with a knife to finish him off. These pigs are tough. I also have the knife work on video, but not going to post that.

Man, this is one of the best hunting videos I've seen in a long time. Thank you for sharing! Post some more if you have any. I plan to take our flip with me this season.

great shooting....I gotta to get hog hunting pretty soon....I hate those f-ers they are all over our ranch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zink14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great shooting....I gotta to get hog hunting pretty soon....I hate those f-ers they are all over our ranch. </div></div>

Holler if you need any help
wink.gif

I'd like to start getting video of my hunts, are you just using a cheap camera? How far away was that feeder?

You have become death! Dang I wish I got to hunt that often, and to have that much success. Your blue feeder is one ot the most productive spots I've ever seen or heard about.

I just purchased my first bow, two months ago. I can't wait to run an arrow through some hogs, and coyotes with it. I guess your were in a ground blind?

Nice work on the videos!

That's a lot of pork!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lungbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to start getting video of my hunts, are you just using a cheap camera? How far away was that feeder? </div></div>
All of those videos were shot with a flip cam. The feeder is about 17 yards from the blind. The flip is very limited on zoom, so the closer the better. I just purchased a Canon HD camera. I tested it out this weekend. So far so good. Videos will be much better in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Halligan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have become death! Dang I wish I got to hunt that often, and to have that much success. Your blue feeder is one ot the most productive spots I've ever seen or heard about.

I just purchased my first bow, two months ago. I can't wait to run an arrow through some hogs, and coyotes with it. I guess your were in a ground blind?

Nice work on the videos! </div></div>

Yes, that location is very productive. I think I saw something every time I sat in the blind last year. (deer, turkey, pigs. audad) Always see deer. I'm in that blind at least 4 times every weekend for 4 months straight. It is a ground blind. I have a tripod setup over the same feeder, but no way to shoot video right now. I'm working on that. I just got a Canon HD camera, and also working on video cam mounts for all of my blinds/stands.
This years videos will be much better, and from other setups.

That's a great video. Thanks for for posting it. I hunt a few pigs around the Red River here in TX. That squealer was great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice! Dang glad we don't have that many hogs around here. Yet... </div></div>
Not yet, but I think they are working over to you.
like rabbits