• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$8000 AK?

TenZero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2011
Texas
So, I am selling a motorcycle on the clownshow that is Craigslist, and a gentleman emails me about a possible trade. He proposed a trade involving some cash, and an AK with $8000 'invested'(!). Am I wrong in believing that there isn't enough room on an AK to affix $8k worth of stuff? I'm thinking not possible; OR is there some kind of 'Holy Grail' type of AK that I don't know about? I'm not really an AK guy, (the closest I have is an old Galil) so I don't wanna poo poo it and miss out on something good. That's the only info I have so far, I've asked him for more. Educate me on AKs, Wise Hiders.
smile.gif

Re: $8000 AK?

Is it on of saddam's gold AK's?

Or registered machinegun?

It would have to be a registered receiver AK to be worth that much, although that's a little low for a FA AK, they're generally $12-15k. If it's a SA rifle then the guy is just mental. A top of the line, made by a master AK smith is only maybe $2k.

3 for 3, so far. That's what I was thinking, too. Glad I can still trust my gut. Haha, should be fun to hear his list of 'infestments'. Any one wanna lay odds on a CounterSniper snipery-type scope?

I think you could get there if you really tried.

Top of the line AK, rail system, optic, NV and illuminator maybe?

So here is my build on trying to get to $8k

Custom built AK47 clone from a reputable smith: $2000
Ratchet Charging System: $250
RSA Trigger: $90
AAC Flash hider: $150
Quad-rail handguard: $250
ACE folding stock: $250
Krebs custom Adaptor: $100
Krebs custom scope rail: $300
New safety lever: $60
Shepards crook replacement: $50
75 round drum: $300
Russian NVG scope: $1500
Front Grip: $65
Surefire light: $300
Backup red-dot: $800
SAW pistol grip: $65
----------------------------
$6530

I honestly can't think of anything else to stick on it besides a suppressor or something that would be a tacticool stupidity. Maybe it's a red jacket or the guy is counting the amount of ammo he's bought for it.

Wolven, why not go with a S&B and a PVS clip-on? You know, for precision AK work.... at night....

Gentlemen, I give you, strictly for amusement purposes only,
THE EIGHT THOUSAND DOLLAR AK!!!!
Homies' description, copied verbatim from Email:
Ak47
Goiani sportier
Century arms inc, Wilson Combat TR-TTU TACTICAL TRIGGER UNIT, Wilson combat The Tactical Muzzle Brake is BATF, Wilson combat heavy barrel. Crowned muzzle, Daniel Defense had guard, BCM® Bolt Carrier Group (MPI

Maybe he meant eight hundred?

Maybe one of the original second year AK's with milled receiver, paperwork and Kalishnikov's signature on the stock!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT Ticklefight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe one of the original second year AK's with milled receiver, paperwork and Kalishnikov's signature on the stock! </div></div>

This would probably go to some Russian who would use the 45 slant break as a spoon for Beluga caviar and shoot blanks to light his cigar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TenZero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gentlemen, I give you, strictly for amusement purposes only,
Ak47
Goiani sportier
Century arms inc, Wilson Combat TR-TTU TACTICAL TRIGGER UNIT, Wilson combat The Tactical Muzzle Brake is BATF, Wilson combat heavy barrel. Crowned muzzle, Daniel Defense had guard, BCM® Bolt Carrier Group (MPI

Maybe he meant eight hundred? </div></div>

That's maybe a $600 AK.

Please...please give me his email
smile.gif
I would very much like to learn more about this one of a kind Century Arms AK. Seriously though, I do want his email.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TenZero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gentlemen, I give you, strictly for amusement purposes only,
Ak47
Goiani sportier

He's seriously trying to bullshit you, I'd call him on it. Maybe even send him a link to this thread.

1. Wilson combat does not make a single AK47 accessory. No trigger, no muzzle device and certainly no barrels.

2. Daniel Defense does not make a single accessory for AK47's either, so there's no way it has a DD hand guard.

3. BCM also does not make a single part for AK47's so there is no way it has a BCM bolt carrier group.

What a crock of shit.

Awesome! Amusement and learning, all in one thread! I really appreciate the input guys, as I honestly don't know shit from apple butter about AKs. They've never really caught my interest, but I'm glad I posted this. I smelt a rat, but I had no idea how bad it stunk. I'm glad we could keep this light and have fun with it.
smile.gif

Keep the 8K fantasy builds comin' -1 million internets will be awarded to the first legitimate $8000 fantasy AK build. Haha!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TenZero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gentlemen, I give you, strictly for amusement purposes only,
Ak47
Goiani sportier

He's seriously trying to bullshit you, I'd call him on it. Maybe even send him a link to this thread.

1. Wilson combat does not make a single AK47 accessory. No trigger, no muzzle device and certainly no barrels.

2. Daniel Defense does not make a single accessory for AK47's either, so there's no way it has a DD hand guard.

3. BCM also does not make a single part for AK47's so there is no way it has a BCM bolt carrier group.

What a crock of shit. </div></div>

Redneck, Based on his description of the mods, could it be possible that he has an AR of some kind, and not an AK, and doesn't know the freaking difference?

Ak47
Goiani sportier

These parts dont fit an AK, I think he wants to rob you.

It's possible it's an AK but my guess is if he knows about the parts he named off he knows the difference between an AR and an AK. My guess is he is either trying to bullshit you or he had a typo, I'd guess he's trying to bullshit you.

Even if it was an AR that's still an outrageous value. Assuming it was a LMT or Colt it would still only be a $2500 gun max and god only knows why you would change a LMT or Colt barrel or swap the BCG for a BCM. Even if it had the overpriced Leupold CQBSS he's still about $2K off.

I think he's a bullshitter and was hoping you didn't know crap about guns hoping you would fall for it. Hell somebody who doesn't know or doesn't know where to ask may very well think it's worth $8K. You'd be surprised how many people think AR's and AK's are all full auto, many are gun owners too.

I understand it's a free market but that's just downright dishonest to do. He didn't just pull a price out of his ass, he blatantly lied about the modifications supposedly done to it.

There are actually a few very rare and hard to find AK's, but I don't think any of them would be $8K.

I had a NIB preban Yugo M76 Sniper Rifle (AK on steriods that shoots 7.92x57 or 8mm Mauser) with correct scope and mount, along with extra magazines, mag pouch etc. It was valued at $6K a few years back. There was only 80 of these imported into the USA prior to the 89 assualt weapons ban.

A couple other rare AK's I can think of are:

Preban Valmet M76 in 7.62x39
Preban Maadi AK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So here is my build on trying to get to $8k

Custom built AK47 clone from a reputable smith: $2000
Ratchet Charging System: $250
RSA Trigger: $90
AAC Flash hider: $150
Quad-rail handguard: $250
ACE folding stock: $250
Krebs custom Adaptor: $100
Krebs custom scope rail: $300
New safety lever: $60
Shepards crook replacement: $50
75 round drum: $300
Russian NVG scope: $1500
Front Grip: $65
Surefire light: $300
Backup red-dot: $800
SAW pistol grip: $65
----------------------------
$6530

I honestly can't think of anything else to stick on it besides a suppressor or something that would be a tacticool stupidity. Maybe it's a red jacket or the guy is counting the amount of ammo he's bought for it. </div></div>

+ a 7" LCD monitor with cable TV.
grin.gif

If I had to guess I would say it's probably a bargain bin $400 romanian piece of crap with a $30 UTG forend and a primary arms brake. A rifle worth about $500 max assuming everything is like new and it comes with at least a few extra mags. Personally I wouldn't give more than $400 for a romanian AK with some extras in trade because that's all I know I'd be able to sell it for.

While i was joking along with everyone did anyone check to see if this is a transferrable full auto? Still steep, but not that far off if it is with add-ons in good condition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT Ticklefight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While i was joking along with everyone did anyone check to see if this is a transferrable full auto? Still steep, but not that far off if it is with add-ons in good condition. </div></div>
If it was a transferable FA gun, it's unlikely to be owned by someone who is ignorant of the basics like this. I'm thinking that most people who have a Class 3 stamp also have a clue. How would you have a FA, and somehow fail to mention this feature?

Lets see
Crappy AK-47 =$500
Topped wit an Nh 6p Nighthawk night vision scope $8,495

That should just about do it

It better be

1. Gold platted
or
2. A registered machinegun

or maybe it was a typo?

Wilson Combat actually does make 1 accessory for the AK platform, although not in the class of what was listed, they make a Recoil buffer for AK rifles, other than that I can't think of anything else

probably a typo on his part, maybe the guy meant $800 which for a golani is about right,

I know it's BS but ask him for a picture. I'm dying to see what he comes up with.

Absolutely has to be from Red Jacket. Snaggletooth daughter must have given it a BJ!

I would definitely avoid meeting this guy, but just for shits and giggles I'd ask for a picture.

There are some SIG-550s worth that much or even more, if they are the original all-Swiss ones imported just before the AWB. Some people refer to them humorously as Swiss AKs.

Yea, have him email a pic, don't go meet the dick unless heavily armed with back up (friends heavily armed) as he'll be thinking you're showing up with $8K!

Question: Has he ever referred to said "AK" as a "choppa"?
If he has, ask him to tuck his XXXL shirt in and pull up his dang pants and get a job...besides smoking up all his buddies reefer.

If it was a IMI Galil it would be worth a lot. But other then that 8k for an AK is crazy.

Plus its an AK do you really want one that is that expensive. I could see $700 tops